• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there any doubts now that GTA 6 will not be hitting PC on release?

Rockstar have been pissing all over PC gamers since GTA 3. I do not expect them to change for GTA 6. Hell at this point it wouldn't even surprise me if GTA 6 doesn't show up on the PC at all. Rockstar have gutted the PC version of GTA 5 online and it is now the worst version out of the "next gen" systems. So it is only natural for PC gamers to be sceptical about Rockstars "commitment" to the PC platform.

Besides I get the feeling GTA 6 will be microtransactioned up the wazoo that appears to be where they think the money shot is (kinda funny when you consider there is a joke Ad in GTA 5 taking the piss out of other games that use microtransactions).

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
They know many of us will get impatient and buy it on console 1st.

Then again on PC a year later.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
I don't see the rush and shit if you can afford a PC, you damn well can afford a console to play it day 1 if thats what you want.
Thanks, but I don't want to play with all the limitations of the console version.

Rockstar have gutted the PC version of GTA 5 online and it is now the worst version out of the "next gen" systems.

Rly? How?

Last edited:

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Never any doubts
Rockstar are the biggest fucks ever. They ALWAYS WERE:
-Always delay pc version 6-12 months. That would be fine but they always say "no plans" or stay quiet. Just to play dumb 6 months later and get people to buy the pc version
-Adding launchers to anything they could. They added launcher to my 10yo steam gta4 purchase... It doesn't work. I have least of dignity not to fix it myself or even search for fix.
-They removed music from gta4.... like not any radio tracks. Most of vladivostok radio which plays in most important story moments.
-They still never fixed pc version of gta4. Only made it worse.
-No ps5 patch for rdr2? Bet your ass they will "rerelease it" next year and it will be 70$
-Made gta online much worse and pay2win
-I even remember they were banning and cease/desist people who played their legig gta5 ps4 release day before release on twitch.

GTA4 is one of my fav games ever but they don't deserve any love.
It’s a business strategy now for them. They know that a majority of pc players own consoles as well. This gives them the opportunity to sale a console version for those who are impatient to play and then sell them an additional copy when they release a pc version instead of splitting sales initially they probably double them!

Last edited:

ClosBSAS

of course its not coming to PC on realease, we all know that. whoever doesnt, has been living under a rock all this time. it will sell 100 million on consoles and then they will double dip for 200 million more on PC.

it works for rockstar, has been working for roackstar, why change? thanks console players for beta testing the game as always.

Last edited:
Not a chance imo. Rockstar always does that no matter what. But I think the PC version will come sooner (6 to 12 months later).

Thanks, but I don't want to play with all the limitations of the console version.

Rly? How?
Firstly they refuse to bring the enhanced graphics to the PC version that the next gen consoles enjoy. Secondly they have removed at last count nearly 200 cars from the game and the selection of bikes has been gutted to the core. They said this was to "streamline" things but you can still get access to these cars on the next gen console if you subscribe to a shitty monthy subscription thing which doesn't exist on the PC at all so you just lose access to the vehicles completely.

There is also talk that Rockstar are considering ending support for the PC version in favour of just concentrating on the Xbox/Ps5 version. Not that the PC has been getting much in the way of support with all the hacking. Honestly the way Rockstar are treating GTA Online on the PC does not scream to me that they will be in any hurry to bring gta 6 to the PC

EDMIX

Rly? How?

Then you gone wait.

i mean this is a non-issue, you don't even like it enough to buy the hardware to play it day 1, so this sounds like a you issue.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
i mean this is a non-issue, you don't even like it enough to buy the hardware to play it day 1, so this sounds like a you issue.
No mouse+kb gunplay, no racing wheel car play, no ultra wide + almost perfect IQ, no 60+ fps with minimum input lag are not a me issue.
GTA games are superior on console. Never let them live down the trainwreck of a port San Andreas was.
Sure, sure.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Rockstar have been pissing all over PC gamers since GTA 3. I do not expect them to change for GTA 6. Hell at this point it wouldn't even surprise me if GTA 6 doesn't show up on the PC at all. Rockstar have gutted the PC version of GTA 5 online and it is now the worst version out of the "next gen" systems. So it is only natural for PC gamers to be sceptical about Rockstars "commitment" to the PC platform.

Besides I get the feeling GTA 6 will be microtransactioned up the wazoo that appears to be where they think the money shot is (kinda funny when you consider there is a joke Ad in GTA 5 taking the piss out of other games that use microtransactions).
This.

The PC version is a step below the PS5, Series console versions.

It's like some sport game that was the last gen version on PC while the consoles were the true current gen versions.

It doesn't make sense.

Firstly they refuse to bring the enhanced graphics to the PC version that the next gen consoles enjoy. Secondly they have removed at last count nearly 200 cars from the game and the selection of bikes has been gutted to the core. They said this was to "streamline" things but you can still get access to these cars on the next gen console if you subscribe to a shitty monthy subscription thing which doesn't exist on the PC at all so you just lose access to the vehicles completely.

Get this...you don't even need GTA+. Ppl can sell the cars to other players if they have them in the Car Meet.

Only on PS5, Series consoles.

Last edited:

tusharngf

My bet is they will release gta6 on pc after 3 yrs of its release. They still think pc folks are going to damage their console sales at launch.

EDMIX

No mouse+kb gunplay, no racing wheel car play, no ultra wide + almost perfect IQ, no 60+ fps with minimum input lag are not a me issue.

Sure, sure.

I mean sure, but that means it makes a lot of sense for it to come out after as it has more features, shouldn't that be focused on solely post release on console?

I'm sure you'd rather have the done correctly vs some rushed port or something.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
I mean sure, but that means it makes a lot of sense for it to come out after as it has more features, shouldn't that be focused on solely post release on console?

I'm sure you'd rather have the done correctly vs some rushed port or something.
Or they build the PC version from the ground like Capcom does and then port/downgrade for consoles.......

The way some talk about Rockstar not being able to simultaneously do a console and PC version you would think Rockstar is a poor lil indie company with 2 people working there. This is a multi-billion dollar developer that could easily handle developing for several different platforms at the same time but they make the conscious choice not too because of some outdated 90's marketing shit. Hell there are developers and publishers that are half the size of Rockstar that can get their games out on PC, Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X, cuddly toy, bloody teasmade.

Some say that the relationship between the PC market and Rockstar was forever soured by the Hot Coffee mod in San Andreas (caused lots of embarrassment for Rockstar blah blah blah). My own personal belief is that since GTA 3 the consoles companies have gone out of their way to chuck buckets of money at rockstar for bullshit exclusivity, which led to the PC falling by the wayside as an "unimportant market".

I am pessimistic about GTA 6 appearing on the PC or even the quality of it since most of the actual talent has left Rockstar now. Either way 2 things you can be certain of 1) the game will release on consoles only first and 2) if we do get GTA 6 on the PC it will be after a very very very long wait.

EDMIX

Or they build the PC version from the ground like Capcom does and then port/downgrade for consoles.......

Nah, it makes much more sense for them to make the biggest sellers, priority 1.

Thats why they move record units.

So I'd say they got a better idea about this then any of us tbh lol

CharmingCharlie CharmingCharlie I mean, how can that be if literally every main GTA came to PC? So that isn't really an "if", that is 10000% coming to PC lol I also have no clue how anyone can say most of the talent left from Rockstar as if you personally fucking surveyed thousands of developers or something lol This is so exaggerated and hyperbolic its not even funny, they'll be ok bud.

I don't know any major developer where "mOsT oF tHet taLentZ lefTz" yet go on to get a fuck ton of awards and have their next game move 55 million units.

Last edited:
CharmingCharlie CharmingCharlie I mean, how can that be if literally every main GTA came to PC? So that isn't really an "if", that is 10000% coming to PC lol I also have no clue how anyone can say most of the talent left from Rockstar as if you personally fucking surveyed thousands of developers or something lol This is so exaggerated and hyperbolic its not even funny, they'll be ok bud.

I don't know any major developer where "mOsT oF tHet taLentZ lefTz" yet go on to get a fuck ton of awards and have their next game move 55 million units.

Things change after all the Original GTA's were released on the PC before the consoles (gta 1 and 2) Then GTA 3 things changed with the consoles getting the game and the PC getting it 6 months later which gradually increased till gta 5 was like over a year later on the PC. So just going "herp derp dey always release it on da pc duh look at da history" isn't really a good qualifier for what Rockstar will do with GTA on the PC in the future.

The current state of GTA Online on the PC shows us that Rockstar really has very little interest in supporting the PC platform. Plus when you factor in the fact GTA is becoming increasingly microtransactioned up the wazoo it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see Rockstar MIGHT decide that it isn't worth it to do a PC version when they could pour more resources into the console version.

Yes Rockstar does have lots of talented people but we are not talking about the coding monkeys here, we are talking about the creative visionaries behind the game. Since GTA 5's release Rockstar has lost Dan Houser and Lezlie Benzies the very architects of the GTA franchise. It is even rumoured that Sam Houser might be looking to leave Rockstar. Hell even Lazlow (the source of much of the humour in gta) has left Rockstar. I am sure that the next GTA will sell very well because most gamers will quite happily eat a turd sandwich and proclaim it to be the best thing they have ever eaten.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Makes more sense to Capcom too, yet here we are.

Nothing Capcom is doing is even on the level of what Rockstar is doing though, so all the positives you stated about the PC version of their games makes sense for the extra time.

Nothing Capcom is making is on the scale of a GTA VI

Capcom makes vastly different games from Rockstar, not sure who thought it was a good idea to compare them. Capcom is great at making FPS/horror games and Rockstar is great at open-world games.
GTA VI will not come to PC for a couple of years.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Nothing Capcom is doing is even on the level of what Rockstar is doing though, so all the positives you stated about the PC version of their games makes sense for the extra time.

Nothing Capcom is making is on the scale of a GTA VI
Scale changes nothing for all the stuff I mentioned.

Neo_GAF

Banned
as always. consoles first, pc sometime later and with a bad port.
wasnt different for the last 20 years.

Cryio

It's 100% going to be a console release exclusively. And 1 year later they'll release it for PC also.

Thaedolus

It will come to pc day 1, it's the whale cards for the online mode they care about. It is not making the money it is each year now because of people buying it multiple times. The single player will be tied to the online mode somehow aswell, and online will be the focus and getting the whole userbase over and buying fake money as they start from scratch again will be the cash cow.
Nah. They’ll drop in on PC a year or two later, minimum.

They ported RDR to PS4 and Switch ffs

Hudo

It's simple. If they never release GTA6 on PC, I'll never play it. I can live with that (GTA 5 was already mid, tbh. The first and only (so far) GTA game I never had the desire to replay). If they release it for PC and it's good, I might buy it.

SNG32

Considering the switch got a Red Dead port before PC. I have no doubt in my mind a GTA 6 PC version is not launching with consoles. Rockstar for the most part has always been console first pc later which I don’t mind since it gives them time to work on a better port.

Rambone

For single player PC is a great option for me but for multiplayer/Online, it's console only.

Currently GTA online on PC is a toxic cesspool of modders in every other lobby doing bullshit like caging, teleporting and griefing players.

NeoGiffer

churchill-oh-yes.gif

Top Bottom