• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there any recommendations for games with futuristic flying cars?

levyjl1988

Banned
I've always had an interest in flying cars, I don't know why perhaps it's because it's rarely seen in media if done it works in establishing that futuristic tone and them of the world.

I recently saw this video on youtube recommendations and was awestruck at the car's dashboard and see-through glass plane near the pedals which overlooked the city.

I thought wow, is the future of live streaming going to be done with virtual avatars similar to Ready Player One or something.

Anyway, I'm kinda at the point where I'm thirsty for more flying vehicles, immersive type of content and media.

This reminded me of Aircar on VR with the Oculus Rift

Things that struck a cord reminded me of Mass Effect 2 Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC car chase scene...

I believe it was also influenced by Star Wars Episode 2's car chase scene...

Again futuristic flying vehicle chases are quite impressive, like in Star Trek Beyond...

Blade Runner has flying cars...

and that first video reminded me so much of this scene in Blade Runner 2049...

Tron Legacy has that futuristic vibe...

I also like Detroit Become Human's futuristic setting,

I'm also getting Westworld Season 3 future vibes from Detroit Become human especially that piano introduction.

I guess I just want more futuristic flying cars and future type setting games. Any recommendations besides the ones I listed above?
I guess I'm just craving an itch for these types of games. I really hope there is some form of Grand Theft Auto that takes place in a future like setting. I would have to wait for CyberPunk 2077, hopefully, that would satisfy that itch.

tl;Dr: Any recommendations for futuristic games or movies with flying cars?

Last edited:

Larxia

I always dreamed about some kind of GTA-Like set in a futuristic setting with flying cars, sadly this never happened.
I don't know why no one ever tried to do that, maybe a too complexe level design? I'm not sure.
I remember star wars the old republic frustrating even more with this, we allllmost got it, visually it looked like it, but it was just an illusion because the car drives automatically between points and the map isn't that open:
It looked like what I wanted, but didn't play like it.
I think Scrapland is the only game that did something like that while being actually playable, but the game wasn't amazing and I think it lacked something in the atmosphere / environment to be believable, maybe not detailed enough.

There are of course plenty of game with "flying / hovering" cars, but they are usually just racing cars, what I want is an open world with flying cars!

Maybe beyond and evil 2 will be like one of the firsts to really do it:

There are also some games that gave me this atmosphere and feeling I wanted, without actually being able to drive the cars, but just being able to be free in a setting with them, like Gravity Rush 2 and Hover.

Top Bottom