• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

is this possible? (next gen)

BeOnEdge

Banned
with worlds becoming more and more detailed with the systems getting more powerful, devs and artists spend lots of time building cities and i'd imagine next gen it will become more time consuming. i know that there are terrain generators but is it possible to have a building/city generator? simply punch in the dimensions of say the empire state building or maybe all the street/building data from say brooklyn and have it automaticaly generated?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
quick little fact: Star Wars: Phantom Menace... the whole terrain in the podrace was randomly generated :)

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
BeOnEdge said:
with worlds becoming more and more detailed with the systems getting more powerful, devs and artists spend lots of time building cities and i'd imagine next gen it will become more time consuming. i know that there are terrain generators but is it possible to have a building/city generator? simply punch in the dimensions of say the empire state building or maybe all the street/building data from say brooklyn and have it automaticaly generated?

On a general scale yes, but of course for important locations they'll need to be designed by hand. I believe the whole world of Fable was generated.

I guess they'll random generate the terrain, then mess around with it by hand from there, to make it look unique, and well, not random generated...

Rhindle

True Crime would be one example of a rules-based generated city with some manually created elements. Spiderman 2 will probably be the same.

Top Bottom