• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is this site good? Says 360 hdmi/hdd/etc..

goldenpp72

• On the hard drive: They are going to announce and release 80GB or 100GB hard drives, but not sure yet which one but possibly both. As well as the future 160GB and 200GB options.
• Cables: HDMI cables and prices should follow this hard drive news. Expect a $69.99 price.
• Game price drops: The Outfit for the 360 is dropping to $10 at Best Buy “FOR SURE.” It’s also a solid rumor that many will drop to $15 and $20 through the holidays. Madden 06, PDZ, THUG, King Kong, NHL06, Ridge Racer (already is) and most dated sports games.

http://www.destructoid.com/rumor-de...-microsoft-announcements-coming-around-nov-22

Sorry if this is some banned crappy site.

I saw that site linked from the forum so I doubt it's banned yet. :) I wonder how HDMI would look, hopefully it doesnt look just like a converted VGA cable.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
goldenpp72 said:
• On the hard drive: They are going to announce and release 80GB or 100GB hard drives, but not sure yet which one but possibly both. As well as the future 160GB and 200GB options.
• Cables: HDMI cables and prices should follow this hard drive news. Expect a $69.99 price.
• Game price drops: The Outfit for the 360 is dropping to $10 at Best Buy “FOR SURE.” It’s also a solid rumor that many will drop to $15 and $20 through the holidays. Madden 06, PDZ, THUG, King Kong, NHL06, Ridge Racer (already is) and most dated sports games.

http://www.destructoid.com/rumor-de...-microsoft-announcements-coming-around-nov-22

Sorry if this is some banned crappy site.

Saw that at ign. Those cables and that HDD will be mine....under a oversized strange green tree that will occupy my house for 4 months....

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
tegdf said:
the 20GB HD is $100 so how much are the bigger ones gonna cost?

80GB = $400
100GB = $500

if a 160GB or 200GB one are released, those will be around 200 bucks

80/100GB will be 100 bucks

20 GB will be 50 bucks.

bill0527

I'm dying to see how this HDMI will work if this is true. So many people on this board are gonna get owned if they pull this off.

goldenpp72

I dunno how the laws work really, maybe some adaptor that plugs into the av port converting it into an hdmi port? Then stick a normal hdmi cable in it?

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
goldenpp72 said:
I dunno how the laws work really, maybe some adaptor that plugs into the av port converting it into an hdmi port? Then stick a normal hdmi cable in it?

Yeah, some sort of adaptor was what I was thinking too

Striek

bill0527 said:
I'm dying to see how this HDMI will work if this is true. So many people on this board are gonna get owned if they pull this off.
And an equal numbers will be owned when they realise the inevitable.

bill0527

goldenpp72 said:

It would have to be a proprietary cable with one end that plugs into the back of your 360 just like any other cable. The other end of the cable would be your standard HDMI interface plug.

The question has always been whether or not the 360 was capable of digital output. A lot of people have spent a lot of bandwidth on this board claiming that there was no way possible for the 360 to output digitally. Microsoft has said that the platform was capable, but this was left to open speculation that it meant a hardware revision to do it.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
even if the 360 is capable of digital output, doesn't there need to be an hdcp chip on the 360 motherboard for them to legally implement hdmi? or that's what people say -- what do i know. it'd be great if they get hdmi working on existing units -- i could get all my stuff hooked up through hdmi.

If I were MS, I'd put the 20GB HDD in the Core pack, and put the 80GB HDD in the Premium and keep the prices as is. You wouldn't need a price cut.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Mr. Pointy said:
If I were MS, I'd put the 20GB HDD in the Core pack, and put the 80GB HDD in the Premium and keep the prices as is. You wouldn't need a price cut.

That's a nice idea (not in terms of cost for MS but for the general population it's nice) ....But what about the 3 people who bought core packs? How are you going to compensate? haha :lol

That would be a super smart Idea actually.

Sounds like bullshit to me. You can't get HDMI out of an analog output. What are they gonna do, take it apart and install a new circuit board in there?

Pimpbaa

akachan ningen said:
Sounds like bullshit to me. You can't get HDMI out of an analog output. What are they gonna do, take it apart and install a new circuit board in there?

Perhaps some sort of converter in the cable (like some are suggesting already in this thread). I question the quality of the picture if this is true tho and probably would be too expensive to be worth it.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Pimpbaa said:
Perhaps some sort of converter in the cable (like some are suggesting already in this thread). I question the quality of the picture if this is true tho and probably would be too expensive to be worth it.

Maybe it would be through the USB.....Idunno anything so....

mrklaw

MrArseFace
drohne said:
even if the 360 is capable of digital output, doesn't there need to be an hdcp chip on the 360 motherboard for them to legally implement hdmi? or that's what people say -- what do i know. it'd be great if they get hdmi working on existing units -- i could get all my stuff hooked up through hdmi.

thats what I understood. Basically the situation with the current revision of the 360 is:

- if it only has analog out, then any HDMI connector would need an analog-digital converter built in, and effectively you're not getting the original digital quality

- if it does have digital capability but no HDCP chip, then it is illegal to output HDDVD or DVD movies, even if the cable did have the HDCP part (because it'd be passing unprotected digital from the AV port). If MS have a lot of leverage, they might be able to apply some kind of proprietary protection to the digital stream and then decrypt in the add on.

To be honest, HDMI is mostly irrelevant. Stinkles has already shown that component is perfectly capable of recreating the original 1080p movie image with good deinterlacing. HDMI is there for two reasons - Copy protection (I don't care) and marketing spin (oooh, its digital so it must be better).

Actually the quality can be better with component or VGA - a lot depends on your display.

So can we please drop the obsession with bloody HDMI.

bill0527

So I guess this site and his little inside 'mole' are full of shit.

Add another to the sewer pile next to ******.com

Ryudo

My opinion? USED.
mrklaw said:
thats what I understood. Basically the situation with the current revision of the 360 is:

- if it only has analog out, then any HDMI connector would need an analog-digital converter built in, and effectively you're not getting the original digital quality

- if it does have digital capability but no HDCP chip, then it is illegal to output HDDVD or DVD movies, even if the cable did have the HDCP part (because it'd be passing unprotected digital from the AV port). If MS have a lot of leverage, they might be able to apply some kind of proprietary protection to the digital stream and then decrypt in the add on.

To be honest, HDMI is mostly irrelevant. Stinkles has already shown that component is perfectly capable of recreating the original 1080p movie image with good deinterlacing. HDMI is there for two reasons - Copy protection (I don't care) and marketing spin (oooh, its digital so it must be better).

Actually the quality can be better with component or VGA - a lot depends on your display.

So can we please drop the obsession with bloody HDMI.

Great post :)

Analogue should never die ! We dont need some wanker premature standard just because a select few companies want to push their "next generation" formats.

Top Bottom