• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is this the final x360 Power Supply Unit?

neptunes

Sorry if old, but does anyone know?

etxqav.jpg

etxqhe.jpg

raYne

No clue. It does look more plausible than the brick in the recent pics though.

I'd say it's final, especially since it's in a kiosk which should be final hardware.

raYne

empanada said:
Going by those pics, its about 10 inches long. Those mounting holes are 1 inch apart. Its pretty big.
And also pretty old. Various pics with that power supply unit have surfaced long ago. Obviously we don't know whether that one or the one pictured above are final.. or there's another all together...

koam said:
Ugh, wouldn't that make it 3 inches long?
He's talking about the pics of the "other" one in Timan's link.

jamesinclair said:
Yeah they wanted to give the feeling of a wireless controller.
Doubtful, since it's still attached to a huge kiosk. I dunno how you're gonna get the wireless feeling then... ;) As I said, they (MS) probably just didn't want the front of the console open so that people could look at it in totality.

empanada

koam said:
Ugh, wouldn't that make it 3 inches long?
well, its about 10" x 3" (Length x Height). Yeah, I'm talking about timan's link. The 1st pic in the OP isn't the psu. Look at the thinkness of the cable...it doesn't match the 2nd pic.

element mentioned in that other thread that the dev power supply is a little longer than the final one. I'm not sure if this (timan's link) is the dev version.

sly

Banned
OMG that is huge!!! Are you sure it is final? This looks identical to the one posted in the other threads.

raYne

sly said:
OMG that is huge!!! Are you sure it is final? This looks identical to the one posted in the other threads.
The one in the first post looks identical? If you say so. It looks thinner (from what I can see) than the GC one, but around the same length and width.

raYne

sly said:
Which is why I asked the question. ;)

For example, if you just randomly post "It looks the same as the old pics!" without any quoted info, one would assume that you're talking about the pics in the original post.

Anyhow, not that I care since I'll be you know.. playing the system.. and not staring at the PSU. But some confirmation either way would be nice. Still, with the amount of bitching in the old thread you'd think some of you played your systems in a 1'x3' room.

raYne said:
Which is why I asked the question. ;)

For example, if you just randomly post "It looks the same as the old pics!" without any quoted info, one would assume that you're talking about the pics in the original post.

Anyhow, not that I care since I'll be you know.. playing the system.. and not staring at the PSU. But some confirmation either way would be nice. Still, with the amount of bitching in the old thread you'd think some of you played your systems in a 1'x3' room.

Well the console supports system link for lan like the original xbox.. so if u got to a friends place.. taking that shit around is hella annoying..

Thats 1 annoying part that everyone is mentioning about i think

Jewbacca

Banned
empanada said:
Can you take pics? :)

I dont go into work till monday... but yes. Its not a brick.

Okay one more thing... If you measure the current "brick" + the size of the Xbox 360 then go to the Demo BUY US X360 boxes at eb. There is no way they can package the 360 a controller cables and the xbox360 in a package of that size. The brick is not real.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Jewbacca said:
I dont go into work till monday... but yes. Its not a brick.

Okay one more thing... If you measure the current "brick" + the size of the Xbox 360 then go to the Demo BUY US X360 boxes at eb. There is no way they can package the 360 a controller cables and the xbox360 in a package of that size. The brick is not real.

the brick is real, its just the old power supply.

Top Bottom