• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Wayne's World the most quotable movie ever?

I've been really impressed over the past year at how much people still quote this movie. A stupid SNL movie some 30 years later and every time I am hanging out with people, someone quotes things from it.

This is by no means an exhaustive list but things like:

Schwing!
We're not worthy!
The sounds they make when going to a flashback
Cassandra!! (Just yelling it in a crowd or something)
Do you accept... cash?
No stairway! Denied!
Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon? (Copied from the commercials but the reason people still quote it)
Camera one, camera two
If you're gonna spew, spew into this

Many many more that I'm not recalling off the top of my head.

ManaByte

wayne's world GIF by Hollywood Suite

I personally remember the most quotes from The Princess Bride, and heard it quoted a reasonable amount by others, although probably not the most. Pretty sure certain sayings come from some older movies and they get the overall most quotation.

RAÏSanÏa

It certainly does suck.

laughs at the time.

Occasionally see a Wayne quote. See more Austin Powers in the wild now. Although like Wayne and even Shrek that's fading. 10 years from now people will go I remember Shrek before belting out LET IT GO LET IT GO!

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Austin Powers for me.

Yeah baby.

Do I make you horny baby? Do I make you randy?

Shall we shag now, or shall we shag later?

I bet she shags like a minx… did I say that out loud?

Shut your mouth you bastard… whom is fat.

Volcanic eruption!

I shall call him… mini me.

I was dead sexy… and you were crap!

That’s not a woman… that’s a man baby!

You just don’t get it… do ya Scott?

1 trillion dollars!

Sharks, with fricken laser beams attached to their fricken heads. We have Sea Bass. Are they ill tempered?

I could genuinely keep going all day. Fucking hilarious.

MilkyJoe

I've been really impressed over the past year at how much people still quote this movie. A stupid SNL movie some 30 years later and every time I am hanging out with people, someone quotes things from it.

Schwing!
We're not worthy!
Do you accept... cash?
No stairway! Denied!
Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon? (Copied from the commercials but the reason people still quote it)
Camera one, camera two

waynes world wayne campell GIF

UncleMeat

It's definitely up there for me. If I say "zang! (y)" in a text and they're like "what?" they're dead to me.

Sh'yeah, and monkeys might fly out of my butt.
^ this one is very usable. Other good ones:

It's like people only do things because they get paid. And that's just really sad.
We fear change.
Marriage is punishment for shoplifting in some countries.
I'll have the cream of sum yung guy.
Who's Anthony?! Who's Anthony?! (anytime someone says "anthony")
If she were president she'd be babe-raham Lincoln.

etc....

Never in my life have I heard anybody quote Wayne's world.

Do people actually say "Do you accept... cash?" in Wayne's voice?

You must not get out much. Yes that was the one most recently. A person I was with at the horse racing track said it to the worker.

Austin Powers for me.

Yeah baby.

Do I make you horny baby? Do I make you randy?

Shall we shag now, or shall we shag later?

I bet she shags like a minx… did I say that out loud?

Shut your mouth you bastard… whom is fat.

Volcanic eruption!

I shall call him… mini me.

I was dead sexy… and you were crap!

That’s not a woman… that’s a man baby!

You just don’t get it… do ya Scott?

1 trillion dollars!

Sharks, with fricken laser beams attached to their fricken heads. We have Sea Bass. Are they ill tempered?

I could genuinely keep going all day. Fucking hilarious.

Austin Powers is another huge one... and while we're at it, Shrek has a lot too. Maybe Mike Meyers is just truly a genius at putting simple funny lines into movies that stick in our heads forever.

Kreen101

Schwing!
We're not worthy!
Do you accept... cash?
No stairway! Denied!
Camera one, camera two

The most quotable movies ever are the first two Godfather films. Almost every single line of dialogue has become an oft-quoted classic.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
It's a worthy contender, but I find Billy Madison to be the most quotable.

"That is....correct."
"He called the shit poop!"
“Don’t tell me my business, devil woman!”
“No milk will ever be our milk.”

"If peeing in your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis."
"Have some more sloppy joes. I made 'em extra sloppy for yous. I know how yous kids like 'em sloppy."
"Chlorophyll? More like bore-ophyll."
"O'doyle rules!"

“It’s too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin’ around here.”
“Hey kids, it’s me! I bet you thought that I was dead! But when I fell over I just broke my leg and got a hemorrhage in my head!”
“Stop looking at me, Swan!”
“Mr. Madison, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.”—

Last edited:

dorkimoe

Tommy Boy

Did i catch a niner in there?
They have a thin candy shell, surprised you didnt know that
brothers gotta hug
shut up richard
If you want me to take a dump in a box, and mark it guaranteed I will... I've got spare time.
Richard, who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa... or is it Spanky? ...Sinner.
fat guy in a little coat

20cent

Banned
Probably, but I grew up with the french dubbed version, and it after all these years, it still sounds funnier in my language.

Like "Sh'yeah, and monkeys might fly out of my butt." become something like "yeah and I could shit through my dick" (well it does sound funny said in french)

Anyway very few knows or remember this movie, plus it's a guaranteed fail when I try to translate the quotes I remember in french into english....

I personally remember the most quotes from The Princess Bride, and heard it quoted a reasonable amount by others, although probably not the most. Pretty sure certain sayings come from some older movies and they get the overall most quotation. I personally remember the most quotes from The Princess Bride, and heard it quoted a reasonable amount by others, although probably not the most. Pretty sure certain sayings come from some older movies and they get the overall most quotation.
“No more rhymes I mean it!”
“Anybody want a peanut?”

Last edited:
Top Bottom