• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is your Amazon Prime delivery still slow?

PSYGN

I get with Covid and disgruntled employees last year that delivery won't be as fast. Is it too early for things to return normal? I'm ordering Amazon Prime items and the earliest they can get it to me is Thursday. It used to be Tuesday at the earliest and Wednesday at the most. I am probably going to cancel my Prime subscription if they continue not to meet the 2 day shipping, but I'll give them a few more months. I have been with them when Prime subscription only involved delivery and I wish there was a tier just for that. Tbh Prime isn't worth $100+ for me anymore now that other retailers ship as fast without a subscription.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
UK Prime had its shit together really fast, can't even remember the last time it had Covid related problems.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I'm in the UK. nah, not experienced any problems in the last year. if anything i'd say Amazon has improved. I've ordered a shit load over the last year and it always arrives on time. there's a reason i do most online shopping with Amazon. easily the best place to buy stuff.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
They are pretty much next day for me as long as I go with their uber like delivery - which is unfortunately a pain as I live in a gated apartment complex so half the time I have to talk them through either getting them in or where my apartment is.

It's a mess.

Some stuff arrives the next day, some stuff takes almost a week to arrive. It's also a crapshoot as far as how it's going to arrive. Sometimes it's Amazon's own delivery service, sometimes UPS, and sometimes USPS.

The stuff that takes almost a week to arrive really pisses me off because they often don't ship the item until the day before it arrives, which means it could have arrived within the 2-day Prime guarantee.

I've also encountered issues where Amazon will say "Order within the next XX hours to get next day delivery." I order and still, the item isn't shipped until at least 24 hours later.

A lot of these issues started well before the Pandemic - mid to late 2019, but they have gotten worse over the past year.

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
It varies, sometimes it's here the next day, sometimes it takes 4-5. It's almost to the point where if I cancel prime, I wouldn't notice the difference, free shipping over $35 would probably get here in the same amount of time.

Last edited:

tkscz

I have a new weight bench coming in today that shouldn't have been in for another two days. So I'm going to say no.

Last edited:

PSYGN

I don't live in a big city (city population 80k in Texas) so maybe that's why. We have Best Buy and all your regular stores, though. It still sucks considering they always met their 2-day benefit even before 2010, but they've been slacking in our area since Covid.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
It finally sped back up. I wasn't having any of their bullshit though. I was refunded my monthly prime payment multiple times because they couldn't provide the service.

When I ordered items, they still had guaranteed delivery dates that were constantly being delayed or adjusted once I put the order in. Or they'd hold onto items and wait to ship them together when I specifically asked them not to in the checkout menu.

So yeah, I go to customer service and tell them I'm not paying for benefits if they can't provide them. I don't have sympathy for the bottom dollar at Amazon and I honestly think it's fair that I got those refunds. Especially because they think they can stall on benefits and just sweep it under the rug until you question them on it.

All the reps you speak to are different. Some will try to defend the policy, others will see your side of things.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I think delivery times hurt the business definitely buy in your area if that’s an option.

crumbs

It's a mess.

Some stuff arrives the next day, some stuff takes almost a week to arrive. It's also a crapshoot as far as how it's going to arrive. Sometimes it's Amazon's own delivery service, sometimes UPS, and sometimes USPS.

The stuff that takes almost a week to arrive really pisses me off because they often don't ship the item until the day before it arrives, which means it could have arrived within the 2-day Prime guarantee.

I've also encountered issues where Amazon will say "Order within the next XX hours to get next day delivery." I order and still, the item isn't shipped until at least 24 hours later.

A lot of these issues started well before the Pandemic - mid to late 2019, but they have gotten worse over the past year.

This has been my experience as well.

Once they switched over to their Amazon delivery service in late 2018/early 2019, Prime deliveries a became really unpredictable. When Prime shipped 2 day with UPS, it was very consistent, but now we occasionally get packages next day, but most of the time it's longer than the old 2 day shipping. The pandemic didn't seem have an effect one way or the other. It's weird, my reflex used to be to check Amazon for something first; now I order there as a last resort.

Between the wildly different shipping times and their drivers' tendency to deliver to the wrong address, my Amazon orders are around 25% of what they were in 2018/2019. I'll might cancel Prime this year, but I would miss Prime Video.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
some magnets I ordered to fix my mailbox is taking 3 days to deliver instead of 2. SO ANGRY ABOUT THIS SERVICE!!!!!!

I get with Covid and disgruntled employees last year that delivery won't be as fast. Is it too early for things to return normal? I'm ordering Amazon Prime items and the earliest they can get it to me is Thursday. It used to be Tuesday at the earliest and Wednesday at the most. I am probably going to cancel my Prime subscription if they continue not to meet the 2 day shipping, but I'll give them a few more months. I have been with them when Prime subscription only involved delivery and I wish there was a tier just for that. Tbh Prime isn't worth $100+ for me anymore now that other retailers ship as fast without a subscription.
Not sure where you're located, but here's a map of Amazon fulfillment centers.

https://www.freightos.com/freight-resources/amazon-fba-fulfillment-warehouse-locations/

Once they switched over to their Amazon delivery service in late 2018/early 2019, Prime deliveries a became really unpredictable. When Prime shipped 2 day with UPS, it was very consistent, but now we occasionally get packages next day, but most of the time it's longer than the old 2 day shipping. The pandemic didn't seem have an effect one way or the other. It's weird, my reflex used to be to check Amazon for something first; now I order there as a last resort.

I vaguely remember a reddit post addressing a subtle change in Prime, pre-COVID. Something about how the wording was changed from "guaranteed delivery" in two days to "guaranteed shipping in two days." I'm not sure how true that post was, and everything seems to have gone out the window during COVID.

I think shipping time is heavily dependent on the item being available at one of the local Amazon distribution centers that service your area. If the item is there, then you're almost guaranteed to get it in 1 - 2 days. If they have to send it from another distribution center then there are often delays. It didn't used to be that way when they were using UPS and USPS and not their own delivery service.

I've also noticed that Sunday delivery is now hit or miss.

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

Woo-Fu

Banned
Haven't gotten 2-day delivery on Prime items since all this started. Might have cost Bezos a few dollars out of his billions.

Last edited:

PSYGN

Not sure where you're located, but here's a map of Amazon fulfillment centers.

https://www.freightos.com/freight-resources/amazon-fba-fulfillment-warehouse-locations/

Closest one is 2 hours away. Never had an issue until Covid (understandably) and they've always fulfilled their 2-day promise since 2009ish when I subscribed. But since then it jumps between 2 days and 3 to 4 days to deliver Prime items (I specifically filter for them). Used to always have the 2-day option and I think even 1-day (for extra).

But I see in this thread that it seems to just be an isolated issue and everyone else is having timely service.

Last edited:

Yamisan

Cleveland Ohio here, no problems at all even since covid started. All my prime items come over night or 2 days.

Top Bottom