• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is your username or avatar in reference to anything in particular?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OPNVN.jpg

Xun

My old username was shortened to "Nux" by people and for some reason I reversed that when I signed up to GAF.

My avatar is in relation to my career choice.

Majmun

I'm named First on another forum, Second in this one and Third somewhere else.

Too lazy to change the avatar.

Takao

Banned
My user name is a reference to the first thread I remember reading on GAF: Brandonk's Amazing Thread on Beyblade. "Takao" is the Japanese name for the main character of the first Beyblade television series.

My avatar is from my current obsession, Gravity Rush. It's got my older avatar photoshopped in to continue the tradition of holding signs/newspapers with text on it. While my older Bulma avatar stated Vita was already dead, my new Gravity Rush avatar states I'm not dead. A reference to my recent 3 month ban, which some thought was perma.

strafer

My name came from an old Counter-Strike name generator back in 2002.

I put my first and last name in and this came up, used it since.

Avatar I don't know. Some chick that came with the name.

:p

bjork

One of my first handles online was bjork-related, so people called me bjork.

Avatar story has been told, but I liked blackman in the back of a guy's photo in a "post a pic of yourself" thread. Maybe the first one?

Tesseract

Banned
username is indirectly inspired by dali's tesseract, seen here:

zwpuo.jpg

avatar is leonhard euler, the swiss mathematician and physicist. he had eye problems. portrait is here:

uVXMA.jpg

Moppet13

I've been going by this username for years, not sure where I came up with it either. But a few years later and BAM Venture Brothers named those murderous little things that follow around Dr. Girlfriend Moppets.

The Avatar is because in High School for some reason, all my friends parents thought I was a communist, and so did most of the people I went to school with so I just rolled with it.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
evil version of the cookie monster. It is missing monster due to a 9 char IRC limit from like 10+ years ago.

Nothing exciting.

Swag

Friends in high school used to say my first name Sebulon sounds futuristic, so they added a 3000 to give it a robotic feeling.

My avatar is a quick shop in anticipation of TDKR.

My username is pretty obvious, however Sunhi is not my name. Some people call me Sunhi as a nickname but my actual name is Sunjeev. I brought a PS3 and created a username but starting playing online using my brothers id SunhiLegend (that's his name), got too far into games and online to go back to my user id. He never played online on the Playstation so when I created a GAF account for the gaming side, I used SunhiLegend because that was the online id I used.

Username from previous forums. Chose avatar for two reasons: it's from UC Gundam, being a huge UC fan. Plus it's an oblique reference to my job, since one of the best compliments I can receive is to be described as a "machine."

Both of mine are fairly straight forward, user name is a homage to the band Major Lazer which weirdly enough isn't really in my top 4-5 favorite groups. Avatar is for the Arizona Cardinals in the NFL.

Username comes from when I was in year 7 and I thought it was cool. I hate it, it makes me sound like a child, but it's stuck.

Avatar is a hyper-realistic self-portrait drawn on Paint.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
M and T are my initials.

Also, I am fairly good with my hands.

So my username is a play on that.

MThanded = empty handed

Arjen

Yes.
It's my real name, and it's often spelled differently, but thanks to my man Robben, people have started to spel it correctly.

My name is Shan(non), and my birthday is 3/10. Adding them together seemed for my email like a good idea when I was ten, and the combo just stuck - thus why I signed up to gaf under it. Looking back I should have picked something less dorky. Oh well.

Avatar is just a picture I thought was cute, and looked vaguely like me.

kharma45

Username is a local band from here I used to like and who I thought had the potential to make it big after signing for Sony.

leadbelly

Banned
I'll add: my username was taken from this guy.

Leadbelly+mugshot.jpg

No particular reason for it other than I had a Leadbelly CD on my desk at the time,.

The Anti-Monitor is the biggest bad of all comics. In Capcom-Unity I was IronMonger and thought NeoGAF needed a bigger villain.

Avatar is Tira from SoulCalibur, who has been my main since IV.

FootballFan

Mine is pretty self explanatory. I enjoy football and am a big football fan. As for my avatar, it is of the best football player in the world.

Touch

touch feel poke rub

anti land trout symbol. land trout is something I made up on the playstation board long ago and it got really carried away. like insane. a friend on there actually made the avatar and I have been using it ever since.

username - based on an old Counter-Strike name I would use

avatar - the closest I have gotten to joining Real Pic GAF (I mean, it is me... :p)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

ThankeeSai

My nickname.

Avatar is currently a pic of some artwork from Pandora's Tower. I change my avatar a lot as I can never settle on anything.

cj_iwakura

First two initials, and a reference to one of my favorite shows ever, Serial Experiments Lain's main character.

Avatar is artwork from BlazBlue of Tsubaki Yayoi.

My user name came from one of the guys from CKY/Viva La Bam/Jackass, Chris Raab a.k.a. Raab Himself. I wanted it it all as one word. I also didn't want a capital K, but I must have put it in there when I registered. It always annoys me to be honest.

My current avatar (which I change regularly enough) is Didier Drogba. A legendary Chelsea player who just left this season.

dude

dude
Nope. It has nothing to do with The Big Lebowski, or any other "dudes". I myself am also not really a "dude' (this concept doesn't really exist where I live.) I just wanted a simple username.

My avatar is just a picture I like (It's the cover of the Nobilis rulebook 2nd edition.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom