• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ISIS Declares War on Saudi Arabia

Status
Not open for further replies.

orochi91

The Islamic State group released videos this week calling for attacks against Saudi Arabia and vowing war against the Arab monarchy after it announced the formation of a 34-member Muslim coalition to combat terrorism. In a new execution video, fighters accuse the Saudi kingdom of joining a coalition of "crusaders" and challenge the nation to send troops into Syria to fight them, various outlets reported Friday.

One of the videos shows a fighter encouraging the beheading of Shiite citizens in Saudi Arabia, followed by the gruesome execution of an alleged Saudi spy. The video flashes to scenes of galloping horses and gun battles. The video is emblazened with the logo of the terrorist organization, aka ISIS, and SITE Intelligence Group has verified the video, Newsweek reported.

The videos come just days after Saudi Arabia announced a coalition aimed at combating extremist groups like ISIS. Saudi Arabia has taken the lead in the coalition, but countries from Africa, the Middle East and Asia have joined in. A joint operations center that will help coordinate and support the coalition is to be based in the Saudi capital of Riyadh.

Saudi Arabia, where Islam’s holiest site sits, has for decades been declared an enemy by extremist Muslim groups. They have criticized the Saudi monarchy for its closeness with the West and its purported corruption.

More at the link.

Also related, but equally as important: ISIS had recently called for the destruction of the Ka'aba as well:

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Maybe they should make a list of things that they AREN'T at war with to save time.

orochi91

The "closeness to the West" is stupid but surprisingly

They hit the nail on this head faster than anyone western country has.

I'll give them points for that.

I heavily dislike the "crusader" dialogue ISIS is pushing though. It makes for some sweet propaganda that their sympathizers love to lap up.

I look forward to tomorrow's thread

"ISIS Declares War Against ISIS"

nmIfrfu.jpg

orochi91

But but but I thought Saudi Arabia created ISIS?

While I don't doubt that some Saudi nationals would have funded ISIS, I've personally stopped blaming the government for any blatant involvement.

Although something has to be said about the severe ideologies that the KSA has spread through Wahabbism.

curls

Wake up Sheeple, your boring insistence that Obama is not a lizardman from Atlantis is wearing on my patience 💤
Chickens come home to roost.

Note the targeting of Shiite Muslims in KSA.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Don't see a downside to this, me-wise.

I can never understand why people post this gif...as if a war between two entities somehow makes the west's situation "better".

It does if it brings Saudi Arabia down a peg. They've been pretty shitty to America.

wachie

While I don't doubt that some Saudi nationals would have funded ISIS, I've personally stopped blaming the government for any blatant involvement.

Although something has to be said about the severe ideologies that the KSA has spread through Wahabbism.
Sorry if the sarcasm wasn't obvious enough.

The Saudi government despise this filth (ISIS), contrary to the popular opinion here on GAF.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan

The Saudi government despise this filth (ISIS), contrary to the popular opinion here on GAF.

No you see KSA is directly behind every Salafi militant group because they are both Islamic fundamentalist entities ergo this is not facile, specious nonsense but is in fact cutting insight QED
pk39AkE.gif

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Of course they do but they turn a blind eye to the funding of Al Qaeda and Isis by senior Saudi figures as long as the export and funding of wahhabiist extremism stays out of SA. This is hardly a controversial idea, nor is it new. And they even seem to be trying to address it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom