• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ISIS Declares War on Saudi Arabia

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Is there anyone ISIS is actually friends with to call for Netflix and chill?

Boko Haram.

And probably about half of the salafi jihadist terrorist groups in the world. Namely those who aren't devoted to Al-Qaeda.

curls

Wake up Sheeple, your boring insistence that Obama is not a lizardman from Atlantis is wearing on my patience 💤
But but but I thought Saudi Arabia created ISIS?

I found this interesting viewing regarding your comment.

Adam Curtis: Bitter Lake

Note: This is the condensed & edited version but you get the gist of it in 15 mins. The full version is 2hrs but also worth watching if you can find it.

Edit: Full version

Moronwind

Banned
IS does not recognize the legitimacy of any state other than the caliphate so they may as well be at war with the entire world.

commedieu

Banned
Kq6m-Z.gif

IS does not recognize the legitimacy of any state other than the caliphate so they may as well be at war with the entire world.

CHEEZMO™;189809474 said:
This.

Seriously how do people not understand something so fundamental?

Not recognizing the legitimacy of a state and being at war with a state are two fundamentally different concepts. If it were even remotely similar we'd all be tangled up in a ROC - PRC war for the last few decades.

Kolx

They have already committed some suicidal attacks on SA soil and killed 10s of people including an attack that killed 15 police men. isn't this announcement a bit late then? this is clearly just some PR stuff as a response nothing more.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
You seriously believe that? Just wait till one of them differs on ISIS' legitimacy.

One of what, salafi jihadist groups? I already mentioned that Al Qaeda and their aligned groups differ with Daesh. Al Qaeda hasn't aligned itself with Daesh because it thinks they hav been moving too quickly, you gotta implement that Sharia law slowly to acclimate the populace. No, I am not making that up.

But for the Salafi Jihadists who want the institution of a caliphate right away? Tons of them already have pledged loyalty to Al-Bagdadhi. And why wouldn't they?

Moronwind

Banned
Not recognizing the legitimacy of a state and being at war with a state are two fundamentally different concepts. If it were even remotely similar we'd all be tangled up in a ROC - PRC war for the last few decades.

One difference would be that there are no third parties in this conflict seeing as the whole world belongs to the Islamic State.

I enjoy the idea that they'll accidentally destroy the Mecca

I mean, they are declaring war on the country that holds the holiest site of Islam

They really want everyone to hate them, huh

ISIS vs ISIS is a possibility.

Once the head guy get's killed, they might actually split up to a Northern Iraq group and a Syrian group.

What exactly is the end game of groups like this? Like they can't actually believe they stand a chance to do anything do they?

In their case, they're an apocalypse cult. Their plan is to trigger as much shit as they possibly can with the rest of the world basically (and nicely remove anyone who's not a real true Muslim like them, so in other words everyone else).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom