• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Israel Was Source of Secret Intelligence That Trump Gave to Russians, Officials Say

Oersted

Nobody could have predicted this!

oh...
VjVi9S5.jpg

Don't forget

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1370871

Honestly this is the best case scenario. Bibi will probably brush over this, whereas I think this would have been a bigger blowup if it involved another ME ally.

So let's map this out for anybody unaware of the connections:

Russia is allied with Assad in Syria. Assad has long been a puppet of Iran. Iran sponsors Hezbollah in Lebanon who Israel has gone to war with twice in the last 10 years. Hezbollah and Iran prop-up the militant wing of Hamas, the terrorist organization which poses the most imminent threat to Israeli civilians.

Good job Donald. Bet you're proud.

Didn't you hear Trump though, Alb? He's in his right to divulge such sensitive information so of course he's proud people might die due to his negligence.

Lol wasn't Mossad the agency that warned the US of imminent terrorist threats which lead up to terrorist attack on 9/11?

That's a blunder of amazing magnitude, I'm impressed.

MIMIC

Banned
http://www.newsweek.com/us-officials-warned-israel-not-share-sensitive-intel-trump-609782

U.S. OFFICIALS ‘WARNED ISRAEL' NOT TO SHARE SENSITIVE INTEL WITH TRUMP

U.S. intelligence officials reportedly warned their Israeli counterparts to exert caution in sharing top secret information with Donald Trump's administration for fear of it being passed to Russia and then to Moscow's ally and Israel's arch-enemy, Iran.

Discussions between U.S. and Israeli security services prior to Trump's inauguration on January 20 gave rise to concerns that sensitive intelligence might exchange hands between him and the Russian government, Israeli newspaper Yedioth Ahronoth reported in January.

On the one hand, I'm not too fond of U.S. officials telling allies not to trust the incoming administration. We still have to function. On the other hand, it seems to have been for the greater good because Trump did exactly what they thought he might do. But again, this really undermines our government and makes allies less likely to share intelligence with us. So, we will be in the dark about sensitive matters in the future.

We are so fucked. Like, drunken orgy fucked.

Oersted

Honestly this is the best case scenario. Bibi will probably brush over this, whereas I think this would have been a bigger blowup if it involved another ME ally.

You do know that no Intelligence Agency is going to be like "Yep, we can totally trust him with our intel, we are not Israel after all"

Apharmd

So let's map this out for anybody unaware of the connections:

Russia is allied with Assad in Syria. Assad has long been a puppet of Iran. Iran sponsors Hezbollah in Lebanon who Israel has gone to war with twice in the last 10 years. Hezbollah and Iran prop-up the militant wing of Hamas, the terrorist organization which poses the most imminent threat to Israeli civilians.

Good job Donald. Bet you're proud.

It's hard to blame Israeli intelligence who work closely with American intelligence. Israeli intelligence is the strongest intelligence community in the Middle East, out of necessity, and the United States is their closest ally. Intelligence officers from the US and Israel have been working together for decades, and so when one of them has information on something like ISIS it mutually benefits them to share that information... It could be a life vs. death scenario for Israelis. And yet, I don't think that those Israeli intelligence officers would be thinking that the president of the United States would out them to Russia, a country that actively funnels money and weapons to terrorist organizations dead-set on the annihilation of Jews in the Middle East.

Thanks for the writeup.

Crosseyes

Banned
If I were an Israeli leader that desired to continue cleansing out the Palestinians though I would absolutely use this as leverage to make America stand behind them for even more heinous shit.

Now America owes Israel. Good work Trump. Next time some president after you wants to try and convince Israel to give the Palestinians more human rights they would have every right to hold this over our heads.

I'd be a little hesitant to "lol" and "whoooopsies" the stories, given that people's -- civilians and intelligence officers -- lives are very much at risk when intelligence covers are blown to hostile countries.

jmood88

Israel decides to embrace a guy who employs white supremacists and actual nazis, then gets put in danger because of his stupidity

The Republican party once again doing everything they can to ignore problems like the cowards they are. I hope it doesn't open us up to another large scale terrorist attack, but it very well could.

Thanks Republicans for making the world, my country, my community, and my family less safe.

Is selling out intelligence from our closest ally in the middle east and giving it to our most dangerous foe in exchange for nothing considered great negotiating?

Oersted

It just dawned on me that the only ones Trump showed genuine affection for since election were the Russians.

Not his family, his wife, the army, allies... nope, Russia.

Is selling out intelligence from our closest ally in the middle east and giving it to our most dangerous foe in exchange for nothing considered great negotiating?

If the prize is personal ego mastubation for a single orange asshole, I guess it's at least as good as paying 75 grand for a gas station hot dog

Pastry

Banned
Israel is the one ally that could actually make this a problem for Republicans.

I've got my problems with Israel but good lord do we need their intelligence in the Middle East.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
It just dawned on me that the only ones Trump showed genuine affection for since election were the Russians.

Not his family, his wife, the army, allies... nope, Russia.
It's hard to care for much else when someone has that death grip on your balls. Survival above all.

Edit: I hope Israel cancelled that meeting.

Xando

SAN FRANCISCO — Two Israeli intelligence officials confirmed to BuzzFeed News Tuesday that Israel had shared specific intelligence with the US regarding ISIS plots to smuggle explosive laptops onto planes, under the unique intelligence-sharing agreement the two countries maintain.

The revelation that Trump had shared that intelligence with Russian officials was Israel's "worst fears confirmed," said one of the intelligence officers.

"We have an arrangement with America which is unique to the world of intelligence sharing. We do not have this relationship with any other country," said the officer, who spoke to BuzzFeed News on condition of anonymity as he was not granted permission to speak to the press.

"There is a special understanding of security cooperation between our countries," they said. "To know that this intelligence is shared with others, without our prior knowledge? That is, for us, our worst fears confirmed."

The officer previously spoke to BuzzFeed News in January, when he said that Israeli officials had specific concerns about what Trump would share with Russian officials. Israel, he added, routinely shared intelligence which included sources of information and asset names, he said, the type of information which could endanger the lives of those providing the raw intelligence.

"There has to be trust for this sort of arrangement. I cannot speak for Israel's entire security apparatus, but I would not trust a partner who shared intelligence without coordinating it with us first," said the officer.

A second intelligence officer, who spoke to BuzzFeed News via encrypted app and also spoke on condition of anonymity, confirmed that Israel had shared specific intelligence with the US regarding an active threat to US-bound planes. Speaking to BuzzFeed News via a military base in northern Israel, he said Israeli intelligence officers were "boiling mad and demanding answers" as to whether Israel's military would continue its current intelligence-sharing agreement with the US.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/sheerafren...ia-is?bftwnews&utm_term=.pdGnkQKqP#.yk7gb6w2R

Tovarisc

Israeli Official: Trump Sharing Intelligence With Russia Is "Worst Fears Confirmed"

Two Israeli officials tell BuzzFeed News that the intelligence shared by Trump "syncs up" with intelligence Israel shared with its US counterparts.

Two Israeli intelligence officials confirmed to BuzzFeed News Tuesday that Israel had shared specific intelligence with the US regarding ISIS plots to smuggle explosive laptops onto planes, under the unique intelligence-sharing agreement the two countries maintain.

The revelation that Trump had shared that intelligence with Russian officials was Israel's "worst fears confirmed," said one of the intelligence officers.

"We have an arrangement with America which is unique to the world of intelligence sharing. We do not have this relationship with any other country," said the officer, who spoke to BuzzFeed News on condition of anonymity as he was not granted permission to speak to the press.

"There is a special understanding of security cooperation between our countries," they said. "To know that this intelligence is shared with others, without our prior knowledge? That is, for us, our worst fears confirmed."

Source: https://www.buzzfeed.com/sheerafren...-is?bftwnews&utm_term=.nsYGZN6Lyp#.aoolRMpdz6

Top Bottom