• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It All Began With... Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep |OT|

heringer

duckroll said:
Yeah but his story sux. Lolz.
As opposed to the great Terra's story?

I don't care for neither of the two characters, but Terra is terribly bland, and his voice is a bit stilted. Ventus campaign at least show more interaction between him and Disney characters, which is the only interesting aspect in Kingdom Hearts stories to me, because in the end they all suck.

I know its been answered but in an effort to bump the thread some more to remind people of this game (did for me) I want to ask exactly what I need for the final ending if I'm playing on proud.

I'm still on my first playthrough before the final boss but want a reminder as to what i need before moving on.

Thanks in advance and for the bump.

So how do I get reports from mirage arena? I'm reading that I need to beat weaver fever in the arena and I've done it twice. Please tell me this isn't some kind of random drop BS...

Yeesh, I still need to beat this with all 3 characters. Approaching the end as Terra but want all reports.

MoonsaultSlayer said:
So how do I get reports from mirage arena? I'm reading that I need to beat weaver fever in the arena and I've done it twice. Please tell me this isn't some kind of random drop BS...

Yeesh, I still need to beat this with all 3 characters. Approaching the end as Terra but want all reports.

IIRC this might be the problem. I'm pretty sure you only get some reports by beating the game.

MoonsaultSlayer said:

There's only one report gained in the Mirage Arena, and you get that from beating the "Sinister Sentinel" event with Terra.

Every other report is found in treasure chests throughout each character's story. Certain bosses (Including the final bosses for each character) also give you a report when you beat them.

Die Squirrel Die said:
IIRC this might be the problem. I'm pretty sure you only get some reports by beating the game.
Really? So why am I told to get all reports before getting to the final boss then?

It's been answered but its been so long... when I beat it with Terra, what do I do to ensure a continuation of the story? Continue with the original Ventus file just before selecting who to play as or start a new game? Do I need 3 separate completed files with each character? No wonder I stopped playing, confusion.

JVIDICAN

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Really? So why am I told to get all reports before getting to the final boss then?

It's been answered but its been so long... when I beat it with Terra, what do I do to ensure a continuation of the story? Continue with the original Ventus file just before selecting who to play as or start a new game? Do I need 3 separate completed files with each character? No wonder I stopped playing, confusion.
3 separate save files.

Lucky Number Seven Force said:
There's only one report gained in the Mirage Arena, and you get that from beating the "Sinister Sentinel" event with Terra.

Every other report is found in treasure chests throughout each character's story. Certain bosses (Including the final bosses for each character) also give you a report when you beat them.
Thank you. Now hopefully I don't screw up my saves. Off to finishing this game a year later.

JVIDICAN said:
3 separate save files.
One more Q: can I use my initial save file that happens to be right before selecting a character or do I have to select new game?

Nevermind. It's been so long, I might as well just start fresh.

If I recall correctly, after going through the tutorial at least once, when you select New Game, you'll be asked if you want to skip the tutorial scenario and go straight to character selection.

Edit: Beaten.

Scarecrow

So, I just beat the game tonight (all characters and the final chapter) and watched the secret ending on youtube. I'm still confused to all hell about the damn story. Is there a good read anywhere about the KH story, past to future?
Like, what's the connection between Ventus and Roxas?

Aru

Scarecrow said:
So, I just beat the game tonight (all characters and the final chapter) and watched the secret ending on youtube. I'm still confused to all hell about the damn story. Is there a good read anywhere about the KH story, past to future?
Like, what's the connection between Ventus and Roxas?

There is no official explanation about that, just guesses.
Here's mine if you want to read it:
You saw that Ventus' heart went into Sora's at the end of Ventus' story. Sora and Ventus were then connected, that's how Sora got his Keyblade (Riku was the only chosen Keyblade wielder), I think. I guess it's just that when Sora became a heartless at the end of KH1, his soulless body - aka his nobody - just took the form of Ventus.

Phoenix4

About to order this on Amazon, but i'm still in doubt.

I loved the atmosphere and gameplay of Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2. On the other hand, i absolutely hated the boring gameplay, recycled worlds and tiny play areas of 365 Days on the DS.

Place Order or Cancel Order?

Place the order. I'm not one for battle systems but this game, no lie, has one of the best and it is really addicting, rewarding and fun. Once you get the hang of it, you'll constantly want to grind and level up. Something I dread doing in other games. Find my earlier posts in this thread on my thoughts.

Play areas are a bit small though.

Edited my auto-corrects.

Aru

Phoenix4 said:
About to order this on Amazon, but i'm still in doubt.

I loved the atmosphere and gameplay of Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2. On the other hand, i absolutely hated the boring gameplay, recycled worlds and tiny play areas of 365 Days on the DS.

Place Order or Cancel Order?

Place Order.
BBS is NOTHING like Days.
Better gameplay, better graphics, better (well at least if you're into KH's story, like me) story, better characters (Aqua <3).

It's the best game in the series (until 3D ? :p).

I just started this one and damn it is tough... Not used to KH game being "hard".
Playing on normal as Terra and first boss gave me troubles untill I grinded a level or two. I can't seem to block properly and mostly just stick and dash.

Any tips for new player?
Also how long is each story roughly?

Is melding commands and the command board or whatever it's called important? I'm only up to the world where it's lvl 4 but I haven't done any and haven't had too much problem. Do I need to more?

Frazley

I am late to the party. I got this game at GameStop and have been playing it since. This game is so good, I am sad I can't play CoM or Dream Drop Distance because of no 3DS. The worlds are just fun and I am loving every moment.

This game captured me the moment I was the huntsman that was to kill Snow White as Terra. Disney's creative license with this series is awesome!

Top Bottom