• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Itadaki Street DS with Dragon Quest and Mario scan

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
omg rite said:
actually, it's the opposite.

you should care about Mario whoring as long as the games are good.

Of course. But considering the track record:

-Mario Baseball
-Dance Dance Mario
-Mario Party 4-7
-Mario in NBA Street or whatever the hell that basketball EA game is
-Mario Basketball
-Mario Strikers

I can't help but feel this will be much different. Only Camelot ever did the Mario spinoffs any justice imo.

AniHawk said:
100k-150k at best.

DS version will do at least twice that, Square to announce 50 more DS games.

Oblivion said:

-Mario Baseball
-Dance Dance Mario
-Mario Party 4-7
-Mario Basketball
-Mario Strikers

I can't help but feel this will be much different. Only Camelot ever did the Mario spinoffs any justice imo.

Several of those games are quite fun, thanks.

Chris Michael said:
What were the sales of the PS2 and PSP versions of IS with the DQ+FF characters?

More than 300.000 for the PS2 version, and between 80.000 and 90.000 for the PSP version, maybe a little more.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
BrodiemanTTR said:
Several of those games are quite fun, thanks.

Yes. Some of them are indeed fun, but they're also quick cash-ins. If they put a little more time and effort into them like with Golf and Tennis (and also worth mentioning the best example, SSBM) then it would be a different story.

Brofist

wow there was alot less hype about the PSP and PS2 versions, and as sexy as Mario is FF + DQ made for a better package. all of a sudden it's a great game, and a line-up booster :lol

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
so...does this mean that SE is doing a crossover of Mario and DQ in due time?

Brofist

jarrod said:
Did someone say list?

Nintendo DS
Children of Mana (Square Enix/NEX Entertainment)
Chocobo and the Magic Picture Book (Square Enix)
Dragon Quest & Super Mario in Itadaki Street DS (Square Enix)
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (Square Enix/TOSE Software)
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker (Square Enix/TOSE Software)
Final Fantasy III (Square Enix/Matrix Software)
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (Square Enix)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Ring of Fates (Square Enix)
Front Mission 1st (Square Enix)
Hanjuku Eiynuu DS: Egg Monster Heroes (Square Enix/Neverland)
Heroes of Mana (Square Enix/Brownie Brown)
It's a Wonderful World (Square Enix/Jupiter)
Mario Hoops 3-on-3 (Nintendo/Square Enix)

PSP
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (Square Enix)
Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Portable (Square Enix/TOSE Software)
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth (Square Enix/tri-Ace/TOSE Software)

looks like SE has is poised to go PS3 + DS as lead platforms for console and handheld respectively. PS3 to get high end graphics games, DS to get lower budget portable friendly games. Course 360/Wii/PSP will get some support as well.

I really hope they decide to put FF characters in the game. It'd be the closest thing to Nintendo-Square-Enix Hearts we'll probably ever get. :(

Chris Michael said:
I really hope they decide to put FF characters in the game. It'd be the closest thing to Nintendo-Square-Enix Hearts we'll probably ever get. :(

I vote to cancel this vote out, for the same reason.

Jonnyram

Why are people talking about FF?
We have Jessica and Luigi in the same game ffs... what else could you possibly want?

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oblivion said:

-Mario Baseball
-Dance Dance Mario
-Mario Party 4-7
-Mario Basketball
-Mario Strikers

uh, you just proved my point.

not one of those games were bad.

Baseball? mediocre fielding, but really fun batting.
DDR Mario? nothing wrong with it. it's DDR for the younger crowd. that's what it was meant to be.
Mario Party 4-7? all great multiplayer games (some having better gameplay details than others).
Mario Hoops? It's awesome. do you even own it?
Mario Strikers? again, great multiplayer, so-so singleplayer.

if you're going to try and make a point, name shit games. i've had great fun with almost all of those.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Dragona Akehi said:
It's a board game. Nothing to get excited about, in my opinion.

Actually, Itadaki is pretty damn fun.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
kpop100 said:
looks like SE has is poised to go PS3 + DS as lead platforms for console and handheld respectively. PS3 to get high end graphics games, DS to get lower budget portable friendly games. Course 360/Wii/PSP will get some support as well.
That's pure speculation console-wise, they've shown support for all three equally so far (2 games for each console).

While I wouldn't touch Itadaki Street with a crap covered hat, I'm sure this will sell Mario Party numbers in Japan; maybe a million even.

Brofist

jj984jj said:
That's pure speculation console-wise, they've shown support for all three equally so far (2 games for each console).

Right, FFXI for 360 and FFXIII for the PS3 shows that support is divided right down the middle :lol

jarrod

Banned
kpop100 said:
Right, FFXI for 360 and FFXIII for the PS3 shows that support is divided right down the middle :lol
It doesn't imply equal support all around by any means (a last gen MMORPG port and an outsourced space shooter don't amount to much honestly), but PS3 vs Wii/360 is nothing like the overwhelming DS vs PSP scenario. When PS3 has 4 times the announced games as Wii and/or 360, then a similar comparison can probably be made, but right now Square Enix's target console is very much a toss up between PS3 and Wii I'd say... it'll likely largely depend on which the Japanese public chooses.

So what's new in the FF5/6 scans other than Necromancer? I think teasel's thread should be re-opened btw, not everyone cares about Itagaki Street board games.

Top Bottom