• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Itadaki Street with Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest AND Mario?

Cubed3 said:
Update - The most recent edition of Itadaki Street was a Final Fantasy / Dragon Quest cross-over and the original source is apparently stating that this will be the same, but with Mario included as well!

Stick around for more...

Original Story - With Square Enix giving much needed RPG love to the DS recently, rumour has it that the company plan on bringing something a little bit different to the platform in a portable board game.

The rumour stems from a Japanese blogger that seems to have close ties with Square Enix, as his previous predictions have come true – the most recent being the Final Fantasy XII side story on the DS.

He claims that the team will be bringing the Itadaki Street franchise to the DS. Itadaki Street is a board game series from Dragon Quest designer Yuji Horii, previously published by Enix. The game is similar to Monopoly whereby players move around a virtual board to purchase properties and earn money. Players level up by collecting icons around the board and returning to the start position.

Square-Enix support for Nintendo DS is up every week !

UPDATE: It seems that the source come from the same webiste that annonced Final Fantasy XII Spinoff. So it could be reliable.

UPDATE 2: CONFIRMED !!! FIRST SCAN !!!

scan_01.jpg

I wonder if they'll keep all the DQ and FF characters from PS systems (Jessica from DQVIII, Cloud, Squall, Vaan, Zidane, etc). If this is real.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
at this rate, I'll say that a
Chrono
game will be announced next week

ethelred

Stormbringer said:
I guess that the source of this information is nothing but GAF ?

No, the source seems to be the same blog that revealed DQM: Joker, FFXII: Revenant Wings, KH2: Final Mix, and Chocobo & the Magic Picture Book.

Which means this game should be in the next issue of Jump.

ethelred said:
No, the source seems to be the same blog that revealed DQM: Joker, FFXII: Revenant Wings, KH2: Final Mix, and Chocobo & the Magic Picture Book.

Japanese forums/blog/site -> NeoGAF -> rest of the Interweb.
That how it works usually
emotraiseoy0.gif
Or did I over-estimated the almighty NeoGAF ?

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Wait a minute.. FF, DQ and Mario in the same game..? What would happen if they added pokemon in there too?

duckroll

ethelred said:

Which means this game should be in the next issue of Jump.

It doesn't say anything about FF though. It says it's DQ + Mario, with Mario, Luigi and Jessica shown.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Well, Itadaki Street and Crisis Core were the last bastions of hope that Square gave a **** about PSP. Now the new one has moved to a Nintendo console.

kanye-west.jpg

Square does not care about PSP owners.

Top Bottom