• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Itagaki: Ninja Gaiden 2 will make other developers lose their motivation

neojubei said:
wow he was kind of handsome back then.
...what?
MickeyKnox said:
Never in his wildest dreams could Itagaki make a game that comes even close to the awesomeness that is God Hand.
Your bitterness over the commercial failure of God Hand saddens me. Your energy would be better spent on making an avatar that says "Buy God Hand bitches, it's cheap and awesome!"

a Master Ninja said:
Your bitterness over the commercial failure of God Hand saddens me. Your energy would be better spent on making an avatar that says "Buy God Hand bitches, it's cheap and awesome!"
So is Ninja Gaiden. :)

Seriously, though. God Hand doesn't receive the credit it deserves. Everyone that rags on it has either NOT played it, or just consistently SUCKED at it.

Mrbob

Ninja Gaiden sold around 750K in the USA and around a million worldwide. This was the rebirth of the franchise too. NG2 has the potential to sell more, and I think it'll top DoA4 in sales.

DyTonic

Banned
devilscallmedad said:
GI: Games like Code Cronos and Ninja Gaiden 2 have been sort of waiting in the wings for quite a while now. Do you think we’ll be hearing some announcements about those titles in 2007?

Itagaki: I’d like to show everybody some of the new stuff that we’ve been working on in the near future. The only problem with that is that when the other developers see what we’re doing, they’re going to lose all of their motivation to create any game in the same genre, because there’s no way they can beat it.

Full Inetrview

This guy is my idol.

a Master Ninja said:
The commercial failure of God Hand has no bearing on it's awesomeness, nor on my complete disregard for Itagaki. I only discovered God Hand like a month ago, I've been laughing at Itagaki's non-sense for a long time.

pswii60

bud said:
sexual harassment lol

150px-Shari_24.jpg

U K Narayan said:
I was referring to this:

My mistake.
I thought God hand was fun and the custom combo system was cool..but overall the game was a C level production. To think that Clover was responsible for such a sloppy game makes me wince.
For me God Hand felt like the equivlent of a bad late 80s/early 90s Hong Kong action movie that has moments of brilliance..but is 80 percent waste of film on all levels.

Regarding Itagakis look..hey you get rich, you buy cooler clothes. Some people turn to leather, what can ya do? :lol

Top Bottom