• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Itagaki sums it up nicely....

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Maybe he's just talking about Jason Rubin of Naughty Dog. He's like Itakagi's western doppelganger, but with way less talent.

Drexon

Banned
Mashing> This is the people that still wanted to fight after getting 2 whole cities nuked, proudness aint pretty.

Defensor said:
Where was this interview from?

The new XBN. They also have a really good interview with Yamaoka where they pick a couple games out and ask him which one inspired him for SH. Turned out that they don't guess very well. :p

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
Itagaki's Team Ninja is among the last of the breed of AM developers, the devs who always knew how to make an experience really visceral with a strong use of hardware for bold presentation and a straightforward execution of gameplay. That being the ideology behind the arcade fighers, racers, and shooters, and the methodology of fellow AM developers like SEGA and Namco.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Americans are all slightly arrogant, sharing the national load. In Japan they just picked one person to contain all the arrogance and keep it out of the way.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
iapetus said:
Americans are all slightly arrogant, sharing the national load. In Japan they just picked one person to contain all the arrogance and keep it out of the way.

LOL I like this description.

jarrod

Banned
Lazy8s said:
Itagaki's Team Ninja is among the last of the breed of AM developers, the devs who always knew how to make an experience really visceral with a strong use of hardware for bold presentation and a straightforward execution of gameplay. That being the ideology behind the arcade fighers, racers, and shooters, and the methodology of fellow AM developers like SEGA and Namco.
I think that's true to an extent, but more they (Sega, Namco, Team Ninja) are simply the only ones left making games in the old AM tradition. There's many teams with similar pedegrees (Capcom Studio 1, KCE Tokyo, Genki, Dream Factory, Cavia, etc) who use a similar gameplay execution melded with a consumer focus and overall design. Sega/Namco/Tecmo still make essentially arcade games on consoles, most others have moved to making console games with arcade fundamentals.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Lazy8s said:

That may be so, but the topic of today is simply "Itagaki: Arrogant shit who wears shades inside." & not "Copywriting for those with Futamis dictionary stuck in their ass" - Thats next week, somewhere else...

:p

Freeburn.

Mashing

iapetus said:

:lol

Perfect response

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
SolidSnakex said:
The new XBN. They also have a really good interview with Yamaoka where they pick a couple games out and ask him which one inspired him for SH. Turned out that they don't guess very well. :p

We picked a bunch of games that are relevant to the horror genre and the game he's working on. I mean, since he didn't start the SH franchise, I doubt you can pinpoint one or two games that inspired him to create SH4. We showed him these games more as a means to spur conversation about his creative process with SH4....which we just got a review copy in the other day.

That Pop Quiz interview took place in a quiet corner of E3, on the floor, next to the NCSoft room upstairs. We were both hungover.

----

http://chespace.1up.com

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I think that's true to an extent, but more they (Sega, Namco, Team Ninja) are simply the only ones left making games in the old AM tradition. There's many teams with similar pedegrees (Capcom Studio 1, KCE Tokyo, Genki, Dream Factory, Cavia, etc) who use a similar gameplay execution melded with a consumer focus and overall design. Sega/Namco/Tecmo still make essentially arcade games on consoles, most others have moved to making console games with arcade fundamentals.

Well said.

MC Safety

SolidSnakex said:

Yeah, I sure hope someone got fired for that blunder!

They're not a joke--although we do concoct about 1/2 of the questions ourselves (you'd be astounded how few interesting questions are submitted by our readership), the answers come straight from the mouth of Mr. Itagaki.

You don't really think he would permit us to put words in his illustrious mouth, do you?

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
jarrod:
And while I also see that, I think the former example of companies have retained those fundamentals better than the latter - which is somewhat attributable no doubt to their continued production of arcade games.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
jarrod said:

I'm not a grammar nazi or one to argue semantics, but if you can't spell a word like pedigree, it makes you look silly when you try to use it.

chespace said:
We picked a bunch of games that are relevant to the horror genre and the game he's working on. I mean, since he didn't start the SH franchise, I doubt you can pinpoint one or two games that inspired him to create SH4. We showed him these games more as a means to spur conversation about his creative process with SH4....which we just got a review copy in the other day.

That Pop Quiz interview took place in a quiet corner of E3, on the floor, next to the NCSoft room upstairs. We were both hungover.

----

http://chespace.1up.com

I was just joking around man. :p I enjoyed the interview especially the stuff on Siren.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
XBN has turned into such a great mag. good job guys, ask itagaki is awesome

jarrod

Banned
Eggo said:
I'm not a grammar nazi or one to argue semantics, but if you can't spell a word like pedigree, it makes you look silly when you try to use it.
Sure thing Professor GameFan. :p

Datawhore

on the 15th floor
Eggo said:

Like you've never misspelled a word in a posting. Give me a break.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
fbcamp said:
I could have sworn EA was a Canadian company....

I thought they were based outside San Francisco in the good old Amiga days? You could fly over their HQ in FA/18 Interceptor.

The Canadian bit came into being later I think. And by then they'd become unrecognisable from the Electronic Arts of old. What they stand for now, and what they stood for back then are so totally different it's almost funny.

Top Bottom