• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Italy: 3DS is the fastest selling Nintendo console during the first 10 months EVER

good to see it doing great.
Now with all the snow and no winter tires down there, your public life is at full stop. good chance to play the hell out of your 3DSes. It was flooded with great software in the last couple of months.

because the bad economy wasn't enough :mad:

wat?

Rikkun

Oh my god, I just spotted on GAF some of the worst people I could know on the internets.
Erasing my account ASAP.

Sucate

I'll be curious to read Vita's results

Thread title change in 3...2...

Jokes aside, the 3DS deserves its success.

I truthfully and from the bottom of my heart hate portable gaming. But I have to admit that Mario 3D and RE:R (weird enough, considering the latest offerings from the franchise) have been a blast to play.

The horrendous circle pad pro even serves its purpose, and turns the 3DS into something almost fully enjoyable even for someone who has high normal standars when it comes to controls.

Tl;dr: I can't wait for Vita xD

What are you talking about? D:

I mean that Italy is a country that makes a ton of artsy and beautiful things: clothes, cars, music, movies.... but I still have to hear of an Italian made videogame that truly stands out as Italian made. As far as I know there still isn't a single Italian made videogame at all. 2015 is just a date in which I wish we could see such a thing.

Unless I missed on something really big....

Back on topic, I got a 3DS on Xmas (I'm part of that number too!) and I'm currently very satisfied with it! I played SM3DLand and Mario Kart 7, currently halfway through Resident Evil: Revelations and I have Ace Combat backlogged. I'm also playing through Layton 3 on my DS, I can't wait to get my hands on Layton 5, I wonder how it will be!

As always, software support is the most important thing for a console, as long as things look promising in that sense, I don't believe there will be any doubt that it will be a success. (Yes I'm that optimistic)

g.r.e.

I mean that Italy is a country that makes a ton of artsy and beautiful things: clothes, cars, music, movies.... but I still have to hear of an Italian made videogame that truly stands out as Italian made. As far as I know there still isn't a single Italian made videogame at all. 2015 is just a date in which I wish we could see such a thing.

Unless I missed on something really big....
You missed Milestone.

LeleSocho

Banned
Sucate

CM4Op.gif

Rikkun

They also made We Dare, if I remember correctly.

Yeah, and some Giulia Passione (IDK what the english name is).
SCAR also came out of Italy.
And Gioventù Ribelle.

Anyway there are really some of the worst posters from Italy here on GAF.
Except for Tobi and Korez <3

kenji

Gekido (PS1 fighting game) was made by italian people if I remember correctly, it was a fun game

Tobi suca

You said something wrong, now shut up.

You wanted to know if we make FIFA or COD?

No we don't. Happy now?

are you from ubisoft milan?can i ask something to you?
why ubisoft don't invest money on your studios,and help you to make great game like other ubisoft studios?(we are totally off topic XD)

kenji

METAL GEAR SOLID® 3D Snake Eater, disponibile più avanti nel corso dell’anno, offrirà agli utenti più esperti un'esperienza di gioco davvero unica che andrà a soddisfare anche i più esigenti.

:|

Mdk7

Why don't you people just stop posting in Italian?
Jesus Christ, we ALWAYS have to distinguish ourselves.
most of the time, in a very bad way

Rikkun

Gekido (PS1 fighting game) was made by italian people if I remember correctly, it was a fun game

Tobi suca
Oh yeah, you're right Kenji-kun.

are you from ubisoft milan?can i ask something to you?
why ubisoft don't invest money on your studios,and help you to make great game like other ubisoft studios?(we are totally off topic XD)
No I'm not, I meant "we" as "italians"

METAL GEAR SOLID® 3D Snake Eater, disponibile più avanti nel corso dell’anno, offrirà agli utenti più esperti un'esperienza di gioco davvero unica che andrà a soddisfare anche i più esigenti.

:|

Why the sad face?

feli

You said something wrong, now shut up.

You wanted to know if we make FIFA or COD?

No we don't. Happy now?

So you are from Ubisoft Milan? If no, why do you react like this? They aren't the best games in the world.

I played Rabbids a lot and it was fun during Christmas with family, but not after without other players.

Rikkun

So you are from Ubisoft Milan? If no, why do you react like this? They aren't the best games in the world.

I played Rabbids a lot and it was fun during Christmas with family, but not after without other players.

I'm not saying those aren't lower-quality games, I just say we have software houses and there are italian games.
IIRC the SBK series is (was?) made in italy. As a market, I don't think we're ready to develop something big anyway.. but I guess we're going a bit out of rails.

I'm not saying those aren't lower-quality games, I just say we have software houses and there are italian games.
IIRC the SBK series is (was?) made in italy. As a market, I don't think we're ready to develop something big anyway.. but I guess we're going a bit out of rails.

Sbk series is made in italy by milestone i suppose

feli

Yes, we are off topic, but if the sales are always for Just Dance, PES2075, NFS and the others, how can we improve our industry/developers?

If i recall correctly the cofounder of Ready at Dawn is italian, and so is the director of Shadows of the Damned. So while there aren't many native studios, there are still successful developers working at high level jobs.

Why don't you people just stop posting in Italian?
Jesus Christ, we ALWAYS have to distinguish ourselves.
most of the time, in a very bad way

I hate italians, but the thing i hate the most is self-loathing italians. No, wait...

Rikkun

Sbk series is made in italy by milestone i suppose

Super Loopz (1994) SNES
Iron Assault (1995) PC
Screamer (1995) PC
Screamer 2 (1996) PC
Screamer Rally (1997) PC
Superbike World Championship (1999) PC
Superbike 2000 (2000) PC
Superbike 2001 (2000) PC
Racing Evoluzione (2003) Xbox
SCAR - Squadra Corse Alfa Romeo (2005) Xbox - PS2 - PC
Evolution GT (2006) PS2 - PC
Super-Bikes: Riding Challenge (2006) PS2 - PC
SBK07 - Superbike World Championship (2007) PS2 - PSP
MotoGP 07 (2007) PS2
SBK08 - Superbike World Championship (2008) X360 - PS3 - PS2 - PSP - PC
MotoGP 08 (2008) X360 - PS3 - PS2 - Wii - PC
SBK09 - Superbike World Championship (2009) X360 - PS3 - PS2 - PSP - PC
Superstars V8 Racing (2009) X360 - PS3 - PC
Superstars V8 Next Challenge (2010) X360 - PS3 - PC
SBK X (2010) X360 - PS3 - PC
WRC FIA World Rally Championship (2010) X360 - PS3 - PC
SBK 2011: Superbike World Championship (2011) X360 - PS3 - PC

Straight from wikipedia.it

feli

If i recall correctly the cofounder of Ready at Dawn is italian, and so is the director of Shadows of the Damned. So while there aren't many native studios, there are still successful developers working at high level jobs.

I hate italians, but the thing i hate the most is self-loathing italians. No, wait...

Andrea Pessino (Co-founder of Ready at Dawn) and Massimo Guarini (Ex Ubisoft Montreal - Grasshopper Manufacture, Now CEO of Ovosonico)

Rikkun

Yes, we are off topic, but if the sales are always for Just Dance, PES2075, NFS and the others, how can we improve our industry/developers?

Oh I don't know. What about developing something for Steam? with a 10-15&#8364; price, something fresh like Recettear.. doesn't seem so hard to me.
Or a .99 game for IOS *shivers*

PS: god Felix put back your Conker avatar, I can't recognise you.

Top Bottom