• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's 2008, you are selected for leading the development and launch of the next Wii

nictron

I would build a semi custom mid range PC.

Buy up rights to all the best emulators out there and just work on troubleshooting rom compatability.

Use a standard game pad with 3DS for in home streaming.

It would be called New Super Nintendo.

soxxx

Banned
Nintendo blew it. Its crazy because the same guys who put together one of the most dominant videogame generations, turned around and have had one of the worst.........Iwata lead the Wii and DS to historic heights. IDK how these same minds have done so poorly, the Wii U sales are poor, and the 3DS, despite selling 52 million, will likely not scratch the DS's sales. (The 3DS is obviously not the problem here but it sales are not as good as the DS's were)

Wildean

Concept of a tablet controller was always going to confuse casual observers as to whether this was an add-on or entirely new console. The Wii U name and nondescript black slab design didn't help to say the least, but regardless of name it would have been a problem.

openrob

Wii 2 or Nintendo U.

Either way it needs to be marketed properly, delayed for a year with sightly better specs. That gives a chance for a better line up at launch.

Properly advertise it as a new console haha.

Secure Minecraft for launch. Bundle

Create a 'hardcore' players bundle, including ZombiU, Assassins creed, and CoD and a sports game

I would build a semi custom mid range PC.

Buy up rights to all the best emulators out there and just work on troubleshooting rom compatability.

Use a standard game pad with 3DS for in home streaming.

It would be called New Super Nintendo.
Huh, that's an interesting take. Imagine Nintendo going directly to the Dolphin developers to get backwards compability that way.

Bakkus

I would not have called it anything with the Wii in the title, because that name didn't hold any value to the casual market and certainly not to the hardcore (gaming enthusaists like us who discuss video games on forums) market after 2010. I would have started over with a new name. Everyone could see what a problem the name 'Wii U' would give them the moment that name was announced; Except Nintendo themsleves...

Top Bottom