• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"It's go time," Xbox Going all in at E3 2019!

E3 2019 is going to be a big year for Xbox at E3, it seems. Head of Xbox Phil Spencer said on a recent podcast that Microsoft's showing at E3 this year will be "as big" as it's ever been for Xbox, and one reason why might be because Sony is dropping out of E3.

Speaking to Major Nelson, Spencer started off by saying, "This is going to be a fun E3 for us." He recalled an internal Microsoft conversation about E3 after the "news" that dropped last year about E3, which is presumably a reference to Sony skipping the show.

"There was some news about E3 back in the fall. We had a discussion internally about, 'Should we go big?' 'Should we save some money?' 'What does that mean?' We decided, no [we're not going to save money], we're going to do our thing," Spencer said. "We're going to go and be as big at E3 as we've ever been. I love that opportunity."

Spencer didn't get into specifics, but he said the content lineup from Xbox for E3 2019 is already "great." The company also plans to talk about the future of Xbox and more about what the Xbox brand means--beyond console.

Also in the interview, Spencer talked about Xbox's position in 2019, saying the groundwork that Microsoft put down in recent years will really begin to pay off this year. Quoting George W. Bush, Spencer said, "This is a year where it's not strategery--we're going to roll up our sleeves and we're going to show. I love that. Now it's go time."

Microsoft won't be saving money this year, they are spending it all and going all in. They also have things set for a very big 2019 so I expect numerous prizes at E3 and even before E3.

This E3 will have not only no expense spared, but the biggest line-up they've ever had. Coming off what may be the best year in Xbox One's history this gen, it looks like they are going in for the kill. Plus, they seem to have the whole show to themselves outside Nintendos treehouse, so if they pull it off people will be talking about it for months.

it looks like they are going in for the kill.

giphy.gif

The universe sent you to balance out TheLastWord.

I’m okay with this. Fire with fire. Balance is good

FranXico

Fair enough, kinda smart of Sony then to let MS spend all this money to show off games that most will just play on PS4 since that's where the games are.
Technically, those games are everywhere either way. "Where the games are" doesn't mean too much in this context.

They are going to lose mind share though. I personally would have preferred to see Sony at E3. They would just have to keep it simple, like in 2014/2015: games from start to finish.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Xbox brand gonna be BEAST BOIIIII

TRIPPPLE X STYLE

120 hz 8k baby woooooo

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Go all in == a bunch of multi-platform games with a laser show and loud music.

Shifty

A complimentary bottle of champagne under every game journalist's seat. Just the ticket to get them clapping when the guy says EXCLUSIVE! :messenger_beermugs:

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Perfect timing, at the end of the generation they are only now thinking "It's go time". 6 years late Microsoft....

Hopefully they are ready for the start of next gen.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
To me "go time" for Xbox at this point is revealing a 12-14 teraflop machine, giving us a release date and showing something on said machine from all these studios they purchased that makes gamers go wow.

In reality I expect a show about like last year.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
To me "go time" for Xbox at this point is revealing a 12-14 teraflop machine, giving us a release date and showing something on said machine from all these studios they purchased that makes gamers go wow.

In reality I expect a show about like last year.

I think next gen will be ~13TF. There were rumours that they'd be similar in performance to a V64 which is about 13TF.

The rest I agree with....they are gonna need to release serious shit that interests me and that I can't play on any other platform, including PC, if they want me to get an Xbox.

I think next gen will be ~13TF. There were rumours that they'd be similar in performance to a V64 which is about 13TF.

The rest I agree with....they are gonna need to release serious shit that interests me and that I can't play on any other platform, including PC, if they want me to get an Xbox.

How much are you expecting to pay for a 13tf machine?

Honest question, just curious

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
How much are you expecting to pay for a 13tf machine?

Honest question, just curious

If you want me to answer honestly it doesn't matter to me what the nextbox/ps5 costs as I am a sucker for new tech and have disposable income.

That said I think thats why the 2 SKU approach is coming from Xbox next gen. They know if they come to market with a single machine priced at $499 or higher means death to them.

Vawn

Banned
OP, you're taking this Xbox fanboy schtick a bit far with the constant threads.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Fair enough, kinda smart of Sony then to let MS spend all this money to show off games that most will just play on PS4 since that's where the games are.

That's not smart at all! I for one am glad MS is going for the kill. I love that type of energy.

Shin

Banned
I assume they will talk more about their next-gen plan or at least let go of some more juicy information.
Personally and because they released a 6TF system 2 years ago anything that's less than 2x the power will sound off putting to me.

thelastword

Banned
So in other words, it's going to be overhyped just like X018?........Hell, you guys trumpeted X018 so much, even I got hyped, watched the entire thing and waited for it to get going, all of it, it just never did......I figured there would be something noteworthy towards the end, Nope, never arrived.....All I saw was persons paid to scream with fake excitement.......

Tbh, in my years of gaming and watching game shows, I've never experienced that before on that level, but I guess MS has delivered in so many ways this gen, that I never foresaw that one.....

A complimentary bottle of champagne under every game journalist's seat. Just the ticket to get them clapping when the guy says EXCLUSIVE! :messenger_beermugs:
Hey tbf, that announcer is my favourite thing about the MS show......Great voice......."XBOX EXCLUSIVE" "WORLD PREMIERE" Soooooooo, gooooood...!!!

Duellist

Oh man, I cant frickin wait to not watch this or give two shits about it. It's going to be so awesome.

Last edited:

Lone Wolf

I expect 2 exclusives from the acquisitions to be revealed. Everything else is too early in development. So one from Ninja Theory and one from Playground Studios. I assume there will be no new Forza reveal this year.

Codes 208

Third party reveals or not, I’ll take that over awkward venue switches after an orchestra that likely cost more than all the game trailers during a game conference...

fermcr

E3's 2019 main news...
Microsoft future acquisitions: Microsoft purchases Sony, Nintendo, Steam and Epic, this ending platform gaming wars.

Gaming world explodes...

Top Bottom