• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"It's not all drama"

ethomaz

Banned
Cools story Pete.

Keep posting... I like to read what you wrote and I even tried to listen the podcast but I'm not good at listening in English.

;)

PKrockin

These guys are public relations, right? And famousmortimer apparently has a podcast/livestream? So isn't this a part of their jobs?

I think it's cool too see people that work for big companies can have terrible handwriting. I mean, we are only human.

Oh and I have terrible handwriting too.

bjork

If Sony cared about gamers, we'd have vib-ribbon on PSN

^ tweet this and use your influence to appease me!

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
I want a letter from Iwata thanking me for my dedication to the defence of Nintendo on forums for the past decade.

Joking of course

This is nice, every gets caught up in all the hype, anticipation and drama, we're all here to play some games, let's do that and have fun.

I think he should give them away to some kids who cant afford them.

I am giving then away. But instead of using the typical "listen to the podcast to win free shit" Im trying to find people who have been listeners that really want each game but for whatever reason hasn't been able to get it.

As someone mentioned I already gave away TLoU. The guy I gave it to has been incredibly cool to me since he first started listening and when he said he hadn't played it I was surprised. He is in grad school so it's just not in his budget. I'm freaking excited to send it to him and for him to experience it.

The_Monk

Well said Monk. I want to say I always enjoy your respectful way op posting and I wish a lot more people here would post like you.

I personally can not imagine getting so riled op about videogames or a gaming console and insulting people you don't know in the process.

A bit late to answering but thank you for your words fellow GAFfer. And I really agree with you, indeed.

teiresias

I love how the Sony postcards are handwritten and the MS postcard is likely typed up by a secretary, "Linda, I need some kind of mushy sounding post card sent to this guy from the interwebs."

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm genuinely excited for your next podcast. Yep I'm one of those 14 people that listen to it.

you are an industry shill now, you must accept and acknowledge this. :p

what's next a trip to an exclusive launch preview?

FamousMortimer is bought, confirmed.

edit: Wait did I miss the doddcast this time? I can't seem to find it on your wordpress site.

bj00rn_

Banned
Nice post, a new fresh angle that this board (and the internets..) needs more of right now. Good stuff, thank for posting.

Edit: And cynic-GAF is at it once again.. Point not taken then? I guess it comes with age..

Rey

I am giving then away. But instead of using the typical "listen to the podcast to win free shit" Im trying to find people who have been listeners that really want each game but for whatever reason hasn't been able to get it.

As someone mentioned I already gave away TLoU. The guy I gave it to has been incredibly cool to me since he first started listening and when he said he hadn't played it I was surprised. He is in grad school so it's just not in his budget. I'm freaking excited to send it to him and for him to experience it.

Good to hear famousmortimer...thats a great idea.

The_Monk

I'm genuinely excited for your next podcast. Yep I'm one of those 14 people that listen to it.

He should consider having more people in the upcoming podcasts even if I know it's something he doesn't like so I respect that.

Also, I hope my previous longer post did not offend you in any way Mort. I agree with everything you said, just wanted to add my humble opinion.

He should consider having more people in the upcoming podcasts even if I know it's something he doesn't like so I respect that.

Also, I hope my previous longer post did not offend you in any way Mort. I agree with everything you said, just wanted to add my humble opinion.

Didn't offend me at all. I thought it was a great post.

The Boat

Cool stuff.
I've been growing even more tired and annoyed by gaming communities (not just GAF), because they alternate between circle jerking and irrational hatred of everything. There's hardly any interesting discussions going on because of this and since we're so close to two consoles' launches, message boards have become painful to read.

Then it just gets worse as anonymity turns lots of people into incredibly mean jerks, insulting everyone and everything, to the point where it's easy to forget that there are people on the other side and that covers publishers, developers, the media, other posters, etc.

So yeah, this is a PR's job, especially in this day and age when people are more connected, but it's still great to see this kind of personal connection and attention and it's always great to remember that even if the game industry, as any other industry, is in it for the money, it doesn't mean that a lot of the people who work don't care about what they put out and what their costumers think.

It's also great to remember that all this bickering about videogames and what other people get with their own money is absolutely ridiculous and gets in the way of informative and interesting discourse.

Deitus

These guys are public relations, right? And famousmortimer apparently has a podcast/livestream? So isn't this a part of their jobs?

Actually, both are in Developer Relations. It's not their (immediate) job to interface with the public at all, though obviously they will be interviewed from time to time to discuss what they are doing with indie games.

I love how the Sony postcards are handwritten and the MS postcard is likely typed up by a secretary, "Linda, I need some kind of mushy sounding post card sent to this guy from the interwebs."

Let's not do this. It goes completely against the spirit of this thread. I agree that the handwritten note was a nice personal touch, but that doesn't somehow invalidate sending a typed postcard.

And honestly, regardless of what the rest of Microsoft is doing right now, Chris Charla comes off as someone who just cares; about games, about gamers, all of that. Microsoft may have some suits who are only interested in dollar signs, but he certainly isn't one. And only good things can come from a guy like that being at Microsoft, and being in a position to make positive changes.

The picture is Boyes and Charla. It's not all drama, folks.

Congrats Mort. I think I took you the wrong way at first after reading your blog post in Oct about the dashboard rumor. But after following you on twitter I saw the abuse you take from wierdos and decided you earn anything fame or otherwise you get. Keep up the good work. You seem like a cool dude.

Maybe we can be PSN bros some day.

yRVPd.png

Top Bottom