• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"It's not all drama"

Raist

Banned
What'd Nintendo send you?

1kdusp.jpg

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
That's a great story. I really felt bad reading what you and your wife had to go through because some people just had to have the best console.

freefornow

So basically, you've acted like a douche with your "big news coming" posts/tweets, copped some personal flack for that, and now your want to downplay all your hyperbolic nonsense by saying it was "silly"? "Here's a cool story", "look, both parties still love me".
Personally, I think you are trying to backtrack on your "inside" information now that the most recent stuff appears inaccurate.
What next, CBOAT post picture of himself with a "I heart Xbox" shirt.

So basically, you've acted like a douche with your "big news coming" posts/tweets, copped some personal flack for that, and now your want to downplay all your hyperbolic nonsense by saying it was "silly"? "Here's a cool story", "look, both parties still love me".
Personally, I think you are trying to backtrack on your "inside" information now that the most recent stuff appears inaccurate.

I'm not backtracking on anything I've posted. I'm not sure where I said I was.

Even though it's completely off topic to this discussion, the OS looks great - which is good. I didn't write that the OS was bad. I wrote that XBL/VOIP was bad. I hear it's getting better.

If it's perfect on launch day - great. Once some time has passed developers will talk openly about what a mess it was leading up to launch. I'm not backtracking. And I'm not very comfortable talking about myself but I think that anyone who has been listening to the show/reading the site for a long time knows that this isn't some sort of new act. I'm a nice guy. I've always been a nice guy. I've finished last a lot because of being a nice guy. It didn't stop me continuing to be a nice guy. And I think I'm still a nice guy now that i'm Z-list "internet celebrity." I've always been nice and fair. I know that doesn't fit into narrative that people who just learned about me in the last month want to believe... but it's true. I have a bit of wiseass in me, for sure, but that's not who I am.

I agree. This whole thread is kinda weird. I haven't been following this that closely but something feels off. Idk how to put it into words. Dude brings way too much attention to himself, and I find Sony/MS pandering to him in any way even stranger.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
I'm not backtracking on anything I've posted. I'm not sure where I said I was.

Even though it's completely off topic to this discussion, the OS looks great - which is good. I didn't write that the OS was bad. I wrote that XBL/VOIP was bad. I hear it's getting better.

If it's perfect on launch day - great. Once some time has passed developers will talk openly about what a mess it was leading up to launch. I'm not backtracking. And I'm not very comfortable talking about myself but I think that anyone who has been listening to the show/reading the site for a long time knows that this isn't some sort of new act. I'm a nice guy. I've always been a nice guy. I've finished last a lot because of being a nice guy. It didn't stop me continuing to be a nice guy. And I think I'm still a nice guy now that i'm Z-list "internet celebrity." I've always been nice and fair. I know that doesn't fit into narrative that people who just learned about me in the last month want to believe... but it's true. I have a bit of wiseass in me, for sure, but that's not who I am.

but still, you do talk about yourself a lot.

i'm sure you're a nice guy but i can't help but feel you've put way too much stake into being somebody who knows somebody. i get that you're trying use this situation to your advantage, pushing your podcast or blog whenever possible and while that might be a good out, you've gotta understand that the vast majority of people around who have helped established your "z-list internet celebrity" only appreciate the leaks you can deliver, not who you are.

i'd make peace with this idea, because otherwise it's going to hit you hard when both consoles are the released, the unknown variables are out in the open and and the juicy leaks slow to a drip.

but still, you do talk about yourself a lot.

i'm sure you're a nice guy but i can't help but feel you've put way too much stake into being somebody who knows somebody. i get that you're trying use this situation to your advantage, pushing your podcast or blog whenever possible and while that might be a good out, you've gotta understand that the vast majority of people around who have helped established your "z-list internet celebrity" only appreciate the leaks you can deliver, not who you are.

i'd make peace with this idea, because otherwise it's going to hit you hard when both consoles are the released, the unknown variables are out in the open and and the juicy leaks slow to a drip.

I absolutely do talk about myself a lot. That's on purpose, of course. It's a style of writing that I personally enjoy. I completely understand the Studs Terkel form of writing where he didn't even put his questions into his pieces, he just put together the answers. I think that's rad.

But at the same time I think this stuff is neat. I think my wife getting a letter from Chris Charla is awesome. Do I think it's awesome because I can brag about it online? Not at all... it's awesome because I'm a huge, huge fan of this dude and I tell the story from that perspective. I think a lot of people react strongly to this type of writing... I try to tell stories so people can put themselves into the story to really get what it's like. It's not a "me me me" thing, it's in fact - in my head atleast - a way to bring the reader along for the trip.

All of this stuff happening is surreal. I talk about that. Like... one of my biggest problem with reality TV is that they never talk about the cameras. I mean think about "The Real World." They talk about their fights with their roommates and how they hate their cushy job that MTV setup.. but what's by far the HUGEST change in their life being on the show? The fact that there are cameras following them everywhere... and those cameras bringing them extra attention everywhere they go. But they never, ever, ever talk about that! Which is one of many reasons why "reality" tv is horse shit... but if I was ever on that show it would constantly be "Yeah so I went to this bar and everyone wanted to talk to me because I had these cameras following me around. I got hammered and made out with some chick that wouldn't have talked to me if the cameras weren't around. IT WAS AWESOME!"

Does that make me an asshole to put myself into the story like that? I guess that's up to you all to decide... but it's what I do and I don't plan on stopping. I don't think it's as ego-driven as some of you think it is though... :)

Yeah I met Michael Jackson in a restaurant once, he wrote something on a napkin and left it on my table.

It was inappropriate.

Is this community or gaming news?

So somehow Mortimer is the 'douche' even though you are the one pulling the "i'm gonna come in and shit on your thread and your credibility" post, in a thread about taking a second to forget about console-war drama and hate. You also completely disregard the fact that Mortimer has been just about the most accurate 'insider' the entire run up to these next gen launches and then you put the cherry on top by insinuating CBOAT has some sort of anti-Xbox, anti-MS agenda when he's been leaking insider MS information since before the Xbox 360 launched and almost surely works, GASP, for Microsoft.

It seems to me that you are grasping at massive straws to fit your own internal narrative, and disregarding an entire, documented history of behavior from both mortimer and CBOAT which fly directly in the face of all the vitriol and accusations you just spewed.

bidguy

Banned

if you think about it what thuway and this dude did was a win situation either way

ms fucks up = leaks confirmed, they were right
ms doesnt fuck up = oh they must have fixed it

it really looks like both have the same unreliable sources

dudes cashing in on all that mess and trying to get some followers and podcast viewers. ive got no problem with that but get some proof before you announce a giant negative leak

freefornow

If it's perfect on launch day - great.

C'mon, no launch console (either MS or Sony) will be perfect on day one (particularly the OS side of things-heck look at 8 years of software updates for each of the current gen systems).
Is this your "out"? "Told you guys it would have massive issues".
And if this is your inside news, well....................................

C'mon, no launch console (either MS or Sony) will be perfect on day one (particularly the OS side of things-heck look at 8 years of software updates for each of the current gen systems).
Is this your "out"? "Told you guys it would have massive issues".
And if this is your inside news, well....................................

The next sentence after what you quoted explained exactly how I was not backtracking. We will find out if what I said was correct or not correct no matter what the situation is at launch.

Top Bottom