• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ITT, we post pictures of our cats.

serfr

Neo Member
Get that camera outta my face

im000607a.jpg

167m91y.jpg

It's so rare to see them all together like this since the grey one in the middle doesn't get along very well with the other two... of course they would all work together to get my bed as furry as possible though :p

Ecto311

shidoshi said:
Wait... are you being serous here?

After all the shit we have to put up with we have been looking for a place to get rid of them too. Considering they are our first pets together we don't want to just drive out and leave them but too many thing stack up against them for us to keep them too much longer.

Also that article was not news to me, I heard it all when my wife was pregnant but I thought it was interesting and this would be a good place for people to see it. Not really a deal maker/breaker for us and our cats we just realized we are more dog people and our cats are assholes.

Davedough

Ecto311 said:
After all the shit we have to put up with we have been looking for a place to get rid of them too. Considering they are our first pets together we don't want to just drive out and leave them but too many thing stack up against them for us to keep them too much longer.

Also that article was not news to me, I heard it all when my wife was pregnant but I thought it was interesting and this would be a good place for people to see it. Not really a deal maker/breaker for us and our cats we just realized we are more dog people and our cats are assholes.

I have 2 cats and 2 daughters. Both cats were alive while my wife was pregnant. Taxoplasmosis isn't a crisis, its a possibility... just like salmonella, but you dont see people giving up the chicken.

Wash your hands regularly, as you probably should anyway, YOU clean up after the cats while your wife is pregnant and keep a clean house and you should be fine. Many people have birthed plenty of perfectly healthy children in the presents of cats.

ProTip: They wont suck out your children's breath while they sleep either.

Ecto311

Davedough said:
I have 2 cats and 2 daughters. Both cats were alive while my wife was pregnant. Taxoplasmosis isn't a crisis, its a possibility... just like salmonella, but you dont see people giving up the chicken.

Wash your hands regularly, as you probably should anyway, YOU clean up after the cats while your wife is pregnant and keep a clean house and you should be fine. Many people have birthed plenty of perfectly healthy children in the presents of cats.

ProTip: They wont suck out your children's breath while they sleep either.

Yeah as I said I heard it all and understand. This doesn't make my cats any better to be around or nicer animals. Didn't want to get into this discussion anyway. Cats = not my cup of tea. Thats all.

The article is interesting - have a read and watch the video.

Davedough

Ecto311 said:
Yeah as I said I heard it all and understand. This doesn't make my cats any better to be around or nicer animals. Didn't want to get into this discussion anyway. Cats = not my cup of tea. Thats all.

The article is interesting - have a read and watch the video.

Fair enough... if cats aren't your thing, I can understand. I feel the same way about dogs. Just do them a favor and find them a good home.. dont just put them in the pound. Its not their fault.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Ecto311 said:
Not really a deal maker/breaker for us and our cats we just realized we are more dog people and our cats are assholes.

Yeah I'm sure you did.

You really needed to tell people they may get something if they don't wash their hands after handling cat feces?

Thanks for the advice.

P.S. Your dogs won't behave any better than your cats because behavior is based on the owners (in)ability to train them.

P.S.S. Don't leave your dog alone with your child, some breeds have been known to kill them.

evil ways

Note to self, do not leave any food on the bed for even the slightest minute or it will be ravaged by Mr. Dik Dik the Cat.

4670483176_db5d1775b5.jpg

4670487456_7e197f3a80.jpg

"Bitch I was hungry, and you know how much I love blueberry muffin. How 'bout some milk?"

Ecto311

Davedough said:
Fair enough... if cats aren't your thing, I can understand. I feel the same way about dogs. Just do them a favor and find them a good home.. dont just put them in the pound. Its not their fault.

That is what we are trying to do. Really we would love to give them to someone who likes cats and would treat them good. We heard bad things about black cats going to the pound - how much truth to that there is I don't have a clue.

xelios said:
Yeah I'm sure you did.

You really needed to tell people they may get something if they don't wash their hands after handling cat feces?

Thanks for the advice.

P.S. Your dogs won't behave any better than your cats because behavior is based on the owners (in)ability to train them.

P.S.S. Don't leave your dog alone with your child, some breeds have been known to kill them.

The story was a bit more in depth than that. I knew cat people would check this and thought it was interesting is all. My dogs are awesome and my cats are miserable. I can't help it because our family has changed. We can take the dogs out to the park. I would be king douche if I was out with my cat on a trail or camping. Dogs just fit our lifestyle more is all.

Goddamn I must come off as a retard if you would make the comment to not leave my kid alone with the dogs. Do you think that is what I did with my cat and baby in the picture? Did my camera go off on its own? We have a Border Collie, Corgie, and Chihuahua / Chinese Chin mix - all 3 of them are very protective of the baby where as the cats have mind control germs that could infect any of us.. Ill still stick with the dogs.

Zoe

Davedough said:

Not to mention if someone has had a cat for a good portion of their life, it's pretty likely that they've already contracted toxoplasmosis.

Zoe said:
Not to mention if someone has had a cat for a good portion of their life, it's pretty likely that they've already contracted toxoplasmosis.

Seriously? So I'm infected?

31314_405976832327_500292327_4183476_2958356_n.jpg

That is not a book on the second to last shelf. I know a lot about books and I'm positive that is NOT one.

31314_405832842327_500292327_4181047_3175907_n.jpg

Zoe said:
Possibly. Especially if you handle the litter box.

Well, shit. Actually, and now that I think about it, about 13 years ago, my mother had AIDS and we had two cats at home. She spent her final months between the hospital and an entirely separate part of our place, but when she eventually died the report said something about toxoplasmosis, and at that point we had been owning cats for about 8 years. Even more reasons to not have kids!

Zoe said:

Hahahah that can't be comfy.

Ferrio said:
Enjoying a nice summer day
baleenoutside.jpg

baleenoutside2.jpg

JESUS CHRIST I hope she's pregnant!

Ferrio said:
No :(. I can't get her to lose weight, pisses me off. But she's old (12?) so I'm not too concerned.

Hahaha wow, that's one fat cat! When I wanted my two fatsos to lose some weight, I just switched to wet food and gave them an amount slightly lower than the suggested for them divided in at least 3 (and usually 5) sittings. That kinda kept their metabolism rolling. Maybe that can work for her!

Just like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rbnCsK_Xj8

I made them WORK for it!

Ferrio

Banned
J. M. Romeo said:
Hahaha wow, that's one fat cat! When I wanted my two fatsos to lose some weight, I just switched to wet food and gave them an amount slightly lower than the suggested for them divided in at least 3 (and usually 5) sittings. That kinda kept their metabolism rolling. Maybe that can work for her!

Just like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rbnCsK_Xj8

I made them WORK for it!

Wait wet food is better for diet?

Ferrio said:

I'm not sure, we found a very good quality one at LIDL, those german supermarkets that they have also here in Spain, but it being wet made the whole ordeal easier, since they enjoyed it way more than dry croquettes. Your mileage may vary.

KingGondo

Banned
J. M. Romeo said:
Tuna is so cute! Has Mackerel ever burned his fur at all?
No... :lol He only likes to lie there after we've had the oven on, so it's just warm and not hot. None of the burners were on.

We try to keep him from doing it anymore, though. Just in case, wouldn't want him getting singed. :)

IMG_0155.jpg

One more of them together. Awww.

mollipen

If you really want to have your cat lose weight, talk to your (or a) vet - that really is the best way. My cat is currently on a diet, was 14lbs 4oz and is down to 14lbs even last check (I'm betting now he's down to 13lbs something). No amount of "diet" food purchased from your average store is really going to do much good; you want to get them onto the real diet formulas that you can only get via a vet.

I'm also not an expert on this, but I think it's best to have your cat eat a mix of both wet and dry. We give our cat most dry food, two equal servings throughout the day, and then a little of the wet before bed. The dry we use is for weight loss, while the wet for maintaining weight.

LakersGonnaLake said:
No... :lol He only likes to lie there after we've had the oven on, so it's just warm and not hot. None of the burners were on.

We try to keep him from doing it anymore, though. Just in case, wouldn't want him getting singed. :)

One more of them together. Awww.

Awww.

shidoshi said:
If you really want to have your cat lose weight, talk to your (or a) vet - that really is the best way. My cat is currently on a diet, was 14lbs 4oz and is down to 14lbs even last check (I'm betting now he's down to 13lbs something). No amount of "diet" food purchased from your average store is really going to do much good; you want to get them onto the real diet formulas that you can only get via a vet.

I'm also not an expert on this, but I think it's best to have your cat eat a mix of both wet and dry. We give our cat most dry food, two equal servings throughout the day, and then a little of the wet before bed. The dry we use is for weight loss, while the wet for maintaining weight.

Yeah, that's very good advice. Go to the vet. In my (limited) experience, just reducing the amounts of food and spacing them out pretty much worked, but if that doesn't work or you don't wanna risk it, just go to the vet. They are the experts, after all.

Quicksilva said:
Holy shit dude you stole my cat!

Hehe, we had this other cat that hung around outside that looked exactly like her too but it was a boy. I like to think it was her son or something who lived somewhere else but liked saying hello to us. :)

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Ferrio said:

I wouldn't say wet or dry is better, but more what's in the wet or dry. There are healthy versions of both. Wet with gravy for instance has a lot of carbs, dry with a bunch of corn/grains has a lot of carbs (cats being carnivores, this is not ideal...).

Boredom can cause weight gain too, because like humans they'll just eat more to have something to do. Combined with free feeding it's pretty much guaranteed. So make sure you play with them regularly or they have a companion.

My cat eats mostly wet with measured dry (all grain free), play with her regularly and she's maintained her ideal weight. The vet has never saw the need to clean her teeth yet either.

Her birthday was yesterday btw. Happy birthday!!

img1844.jpg

img1845.jpg

while we are on the subject of cat foods, Mazie has only ever had this stuff:

Avoderm Adult Cat Food

I have had cats my entire life and grew up buying the cheapest shit for the cat, well Mazie has always had the good stuff and her weight is ideal, the food last longer and her poop is not nearly as nasty as other cats I have had, finally her coat is amazing she hardly sheds and it looks very healthy.

Like a person you are what you eat and its worth it to spend a little more to feed your cat good food.

I kind of feel good about it in a way. She was old and her quality of life was pretty poor so at least I know shes not in any pain. She had a good, long life and a family that cared for her. Thats about as best a pet can hope for in this world.

Found mah kitteh asleep in the greenhouse;

IMAG0062.jpg

Meow!

IMAG0068.jpg

She's at least 20 now, and despite a host of health problems that by all rights should have killed her years ago, she's still alive and kicking :)

This was taken about half a year ago. The fucker's almost 2 years old, does nothing but sleep and eat. Oh and he's on some anti-psychotic medicine or something. This is what he does after eating literally everytime.

5295_122297375666_685710666_2827-1.jpg

First we have Blue
DSC_0288.jpg

The Bill
DSC_0660.jpg

Then Ninja
DSC_0285.jpg

I got all 3 shades of covered i think...Black, White and grey lol

Then the protector (herder really) of cats Hardy. He's not a Cat but he loves all three of them like brothers
30181_1368997622022_1144149394_3108.jpg

BlueTsunami said:
"Dude... Wait, what?"

LOL

His name is actually Bill becasue he had a twin brother named Ted. Sadly he died..

I actually helped in Bills birth, the momma cat was young and was dropping the babies and such, I calmed her and helped..it was a mess but I love my pets.
Sad thing to is..
Bill go out and has become "an outside cat" so he is kind of rugged now and dont expect him to have a full life. He only comes home a few hours a day or maybe every 2 days. Kind of sad cause I know his life will be shorter, but he has that outside influence in him and its just to late to try to change him.

Top Bottom