• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I've left clues to new game announcements for years

Status
Not open for further replies.

trikster40

I think the official title is Metroidvania: Symphony of Samus. They figure everybody else is using their formula to make amazing games, so why not go with the flow?

I’m set with Mario Odyssey on Friday, so please please PLEASE make Metroid good again!

If people are really that desperate to leave, pm me your exact discord id with the name and numbers. No point shitting up the forum and making the mods life a living hell.

Yeah, I'm going to copy ElectricBlanketFire and say goodbye to this amazing forum that I have been a part of since 2014 its been a great run and I can't wait to see you on the other side.

Firstly:

Square Enix has a partnership with Nintendo to help fund the most highly anticipated sequel The World Ends With You 2 produce by Tetsuya Nomura and development help by Intelligent Systems along with Square. The game is scheduled to release Q4 2019 in Japan but things might change. Nintendo will also have an exclusive Final Fantasy game that is a remake of the first entry however it will heavily focus on Co-Op so a monster hunter like game. Also surprisingly Mistwalker is helping oversee the project to make sure it has the original feel. Square Enix is also planning to bring a Final Fantasy XV port to switch however that is still in early development it also might be coming out the same as Project Final Fantasy Versus-XV ;)

Capcom is also working with Nintendo closely as they are providing an exclusive Mega Man game next Holiday for Nintendo Switch. Not much really to say here it's 2.5D and includes Smash Bros Mega Man. They are also testing ports of there old games to Switch like Resident Evil 4, Okami and Viewtiful Joe.

Speaking of Capcom lets talk what Platinum games are doing. They are working with Bandi Namco to create 3 license games, the first game they are making is a Sailor Moon game that is an action/adventure game. the game has a similar budget to Transformers however if this project is successful they will have more funding for there next game. One game I'm certain that will be next in the Bandi Namco partnership is Cowboy Bebop, according to few sources its Metal Gear meets Blade Runner they said during the planning stage, however, this might be their last game they will do in this partnership. I really don't know about the 3rd game some are saying its Dragon Ball or Gundam so I'm not certain about it. These games are planned to come out on PS4, PC and Switch no info on Xbox version sorry. Now, what about there next original IP? Well its heavily inspired by classic SEGA Genesis (Mega Drive) games such as After Burner, Golden Axe and Street of Rage. Due to come out it in2019 might be Nintendo Switch Exclusive.

And last one thing:

What was the picture supposed to be?

BTW, remember years ago when that Miiverse screenshot leaked out, showing games like Donkey Kong, Metroid, and others. That was real, you should be expecting those missing games on Switch. Some may have been altered since then, but those franchises are coming.

Good riddance, there's enough of you Castleton snobs around here.

lol couldn't resist

:(

Edit:

Btw, if you were a real insider you would have left hints about the Switch game where you play as a young Peter Graves at the University of Minnesota.

I'd say things like "I bet we get *insert game here* in threads just prior to announcements. Since I probably won't be around much longer, might as well give whatever knowledge/hints I have left:

-A sequel to a 3DS game is coming to Switch. Remember what was said about new character inclusion for Smash.
-Netflix (but not Hulu) is coming Q1. Announcement will be tied with a Netflix-produced show.
-Themes will arrive with a Dec. 25 update. Free if you own the game or amiibo.
-Metroid Prime 4 will have a subtitle that people know, Q4 at the earliest. First footage in January Direct.
-Little Mac was almost in ARMS. There's a reason he's not.
-A new spinoff is coming exclusively to the eShop using assets from a game already released

That's all I've got.
Goodbye and I remember some of your hints back in the day. It was nice knowing you.

- Guessing and hoping it is Kid Icarus. Perhaps that is Retros next project.

- Metroid Prime 4: Dread- ties into that MP3 hint.

- The last two hints make me think that there will be an eShop exclusive Punchout x Arms title.

- If the two hints are referring to separate games than I guess they plan on using Little Mac in a different role or a new punch out. Curious what spinoff from an already released title. Maybe something like a Splatoon Rhythm game. Zelda developers also mentioned they wanted to make a Sheik spin-off. Perhaps they could make a small 6 hour game using the BotW engine.

Good riddance, there's enough of you Castleton snobs around here.

lol couldn't resist

:(

Edit:

Btw, if you were a real insider you would have left hints about the Switch game where you play as a young Peter Graves at the University of Minnesota.

Meet me in my public library office this minute, young man.

Can anybody point to past hints that were dead on?

Anyways, see you at ResetEra (assuming I get invited). Always liked your posts here and I'll probably like them there too!

Kyle8497

- Metroid Prime 4: Dread- ties into that MP3 hint.

Still assuming this thread isn't a joke, I couldn't see it being Dread. In MP3, the Space Pirate log said the project had already failed. So unless MP4 takes place before MP3 for some reason, or project Dread is resurrected, then it's not Dread.

Going to quote myself from the last page in response to those of you asking for invitations:

I'm not one of the organizers, but: hang tight and don't get yourselves banned here. You'll probably want to have access to your GAF PMs as the ResetEra people figure out a solution for bringing over the people who missed out on the weekend's events and can't get in on the first wave. They're well aware that people here are interested in migrating and may want to reserve their old user handles.

Please be patient—people on NeoGAF who want to migrate have not been forgotten, but they haven't even taken care of the first wave of invitations yet of the people who were in the loop this weekend. We're looking out for you folks, don't worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom