• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Iwata announces pay reduction for the entire Nintendo board from Feb to June

onken

Dec 15, 2008
some place.. far away. yes, that will do
Just came through on the wire, expect public stories soon. Pretty nuts.

---

Mod Abuse:
Here are the specifics:

The entire board is taking pay reductions from the period of Feb until June. Iwata is taking a 50% reduction as the company president. The two other representative directors, Genyo Takeda and Shigeru Miyamoto, will be taking a 30% reduction. All remaining directors on the board will take a 20% reduction. These include Tatsumi Kimishima, Kaoru Takemura, Shigeyuki Takahashi, Satoshi Yamato, Susumu Tanaka, Shinya Takahashi, and Hirokazu Shinshi.

Iwata says that beyond June, they will decide based on the business environment at that time.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Jul 3, 2013
Texas
The Wire? Isn't that a really good TV show? This is expected, and good news for Nintendo's bottom line.

Sho_Nuff82

Jan 2, 2007
A nice symbolic gesture, but I don't see it making a difference without something drastic announced on Thursday.

Chuck

Still without luck
Feb 19, 2011
yeah that'll turn the company around. him getting less money will definitely improve his decisions.

KNT-Zero

Jul 7, 2012
It's a nice way to act, considering the fact that he is not firing anyone during these hard times for the company. Go Iwata!

IdreamofHIME

Sep 14, 2010
Didn't he already do this?

Guinness

Neo Member
Jun 25, 2012
Please understand that we don't care how much you are payed Iwata.

We want more good WiiU games, that's it. The next Nintendo Direct better be awesome.

rpmurphy

Dec 6, 2008
Isn't this pretty common with Japanese companies? Here in the US, I think there's just layoffs and the CEO gets a bonus.

Chinner

Banned
Mar 14, 2007
the amount of damage iwata will do will cost far more than what this pay cut will save.