• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iZombie S3 |OT| The Walking Med - Tues 9/8c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reven

I'm actually pleasantly surprised that the show kept the viewers in the dark along with the characters, re Blaine.

I think they kinda left a bread crumb for viewers to figure it out when Don E left Blaine. The way Blaine talked to him about giving 2 weeks notice sorta left the impression that he had changed back to his original self.

I think they kinda left a bread crumb for viewers to figure it out when Don E left Blaine. The way Blaine talked to him about giving 2 weeks notice sorta left the impression that he had changed back to his original self.

Yup that was a definite turning point but it was also clear the show was steering in that direction for some time.

It really was just a bit too convenient and I'm still mad Liv wasn't able to pull the trigger in season 1, despite liking Blaine as an antagonist.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

giphy.gif

Glad to have that weight off my shoulders. Happy to hear it'll be coming back.

I was fairly confident the show would be coming back, but it's nice to see it made official. CW has done a good job as of late in giving shows time to wrap up, for their long-running series.

Ravi%2Bexcitement.gif

PK Gaming

Not a fan of Blaine's direction in the recent episode. If the end result was having him operate as an antagonist again (thank God), it would have been so much better if they fully committed to having him fool Peyton and the rest of Team Zombie. Imagine seeing him desperately attempt to keep his charade while operating his business at the same time. Instead, we have this sincere, selfish attempt at living a "good life" with Peyton despite gaining his memories back.

Yeah I know, people are complex, but fuck that! Teenage-killing sociopath Blaine was always a magnificent bastard, and I feel this episode took away from that by not having him play the long game. The eventual reveal that people get their memories back after taking the serum should have been the ultimate "OH SHIT" moment.

Ah well, at least he's back to being a bad guy again.

TripOpt55

Really enjoyed the latest episode. All the stuff with Major was terrific and I am looking forward to seeing where they take Blaine's character from here. My guess like some others mentioned is that Fillmore Graves stole the cure. I figured that one scene with the soldier friend of Major's hearing about the cure had to have a purpose behind it when I watched last week's. Maybe this is where it leads. I also enjoyed that the odd confession from the previous week that many here mentioned came up this week.

Super happy about the renewal too!!!

Joni

I hope that whenever they decide to renew the show for a final season, they at least let the writers know in front so we can end with either Zombie Major and Liv, or regular Major and Liv together.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Veronica Mars also didn't have much of a central story worth telling past the first season.

Big VM fan here, but yeah...the seasons were too long for the story they were telling. And they blew their wad in the first season. The characters were still good, but even that started eating itself up by Season 3.

Confession: I've had the movie for 2 years and still haven't finished it.

iZombie has been pretty smart about how it treats the main cast. The only thing that makes me wary is Blaine...but him pretending to have amnesia to solve his problems is pretty in character lol. Dude was cutting up street kids to sell their brains. He doesn't get a redemption arc

zer0das

Banned

I figured he was faking when he started taking brains out of dead bodies in his morgue and hiding it from Peyton. But at some point it felt like he had been going on with the charade for so long that it would be hard to believe it didn't have some basis in reality, so I figured he wasn't completely faking it. Then I figured maybe he just picked up on some of the little inconsistencies from hanging around Don E and getting shreds of his memory back.

So it was a nice little resolution.

Razmos

I'm not going to lie I distinctly remember Blaine still being a zombie? Like he got cured right, lost his memory, and then got his throat slit and buried, then came back as a zombie?

So I was a bit confused when they were saying he's human. What am I missing?

Joni

I'm not going to lie I distinctly remember Blaine still being a zombie? Like he got cured right, lost his memory, and then got his throat slit and buried, then came back as a zombie?

So I was a bit confused when they were saying he's human. What am I missing?
He got second cured because he was dying from the first one.

Mathi

I believe there were different versions of the cure. The first one wasn't permament, gave them the ability to detect zombies, would eventually turn Major and Blaine into zombies again and later kill them. The second version of the cure causes short term memory loss but otherwise seems to work fine (so far).

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
What purpose would Blaine have for cooking up the memory juice? Seems most zombies don't necessarily enjoy the visions (unless they're from important people brains, e.g. astronaut brain, but Blaine isn't exactly able to get those now), so making them stronger wouldn't be helpful to anyone.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Big VM fan here, but yeah...the seasons were too long for the story they were telling. And they blew their wad in the first season. The characters were still good, but even that started eating itself up by Season 3.

Confession: I've had the movie for 2 years and still haven't finished it.

iZombie has been pretty smart about how it treats the main cast. The only thing that makes me wary is Blaine...but him pretending to have amnesia to solve his problems is pretty in character lol. Dude was cutting up street kids to sell their brains. He doesn't get a redemption arc

This is what worries me. I hope to god he's been faking all this time. I wouldn't put it passed him.

caliph95

What purpose would Blaine have for cooking up the memory juice? Seems most zombies don't necessarily enjoy the visions (unless they're from important people brains, e.g. astronaut brain, but Blaine isn't exactly able to get those now), so making them stronger wouldn't be helpful to anyone.
You kinda answered our own question and it doesn't mean Blaine won't try, it may also be useful to criminals

Nelo Ice

Banned
So just caught up and here's what I've learned from iZombie and Agents of Shield this week.
Being friend zoned leads to a heel turn.

zer0das

Banned

Selling the memory juiced brains to zombie thrill seekers? Gives him something Don E and his father don't have.

Kevinroc

Did ratings take a drop or something? Seems some of you are really surprised to see the renewal

It's a combination of factors. Including but not limited to having its 3rd season premiere in April, the third season having a lower episode count than the second season, and having lower ratings than earlier seasons.

Joni

"Dirt Nap Time" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

SHENAE GRIMES ("90210") GUEST STARS - When Liv (Rose McIver) and Clive (Malcolm Goodwin) work together to solve the murder of a very charming, but womanizing, preschool teacher, things get interesting when they bring his jealous girlfriend Piper (guest star Shenae Grimes) in for questioning. Meanwhile, Peyton (Aly Michalka) is assigned a very interesting case. Lastly, Blaine (David Anders) finds himself in a bad situation. Rahul Kohli and Michael Fields directed the episode written by Deirdre Mangan (#307). Original airdate 5/16/2017.

Finally caught up with last week's episode on the CW app, and motherfuckers actually had a preview of today's episode on there when we were still watching last weeks.

Also, it feels like the cases are taking a major backseat to the season's plot.

Grizzlyjin

Finally caught up with last week's episode on the CW app, and motherfuckers actually had a preview of today's episode on there when we were still watching last weeks.

Also, it feels like the cases are taking a major backseat to the season's plot.

Yeah, The CW app is weird with its commercial breaks. Usually I get the trailers for the second half of Arrow or The Flash, which don't really spoil anything post-Christmas break. But sometimes I would get Riverdale preview commercials while I was watching the episode of Riverdale lol.

I've also noticed some of the cases being concluded quickly. Not so much in Act 1 or 2, but when they hit Act 3 it's just done. Guess there is a lot of Team Z plot they want to deal with. I think the writers like experimenting with the procredural elements. Season 2 felt like they were playing more sympathetic murders. Crimes of passion and weird circumstances.

Yeah, The CW app is weird with its commercial breaks. Usually I get the trailers for the second half of Arrow or The Flash, which don't really spoil anything post-Christmas break. But sometimes I would get Riverdale preview commercials while I was watching the episode of Riverdale lol.

I've also noticed some of the cases being concluded quickly. Not so much in Act 1 or 2, but when they hit Act 3 it's just done. Guess there is a lot of Team Z plot they want to deal with. I think the writers like experimenting with the procredural elements. Season 2 felt like they were playing more sympathetic murders. Crimes of passion and weird circumstances.

The S&M episode and last nights just kinda ended with very little input from Liv. Just, "oh this random thing implicated someone."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom