• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jackie Chan's daughter says she's homeless and sleeping under bridges because of 'homophobic parents'

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
According to wiki it sounds like he wasn't part of her life to begin with since the mother decided to raise her on her own. So I'm not really sure it's fair to blame Jackie for her situation.

Last edited:

Dontero

Banned
So her girfriend is 30 year old istagram model who is also experienced teacher and they beg for food ?
Secondly she is 18. What is stopping her from work ? I had to work at her age and family provided me little to no help.

This is all shits i give them: "0"

Sakura

Why is she in Canada? Neither of her parents are Canadian citizens right? How do they have no money? How did she even afford to go to Canada in the first place?
To me, sounds like she went to Canada, where her girlfriend is from, ran out of money, and is now begging for money trying to use the name value of her dad.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
Here come the hot takes on Jackie chan. Regardless if he is actually involved or not, forget your instagrams and get a job, love.

i bet they are con artists or at least probably have fucked over people before if no one wants to help them. thats the vibe i get from them and this video and i almost can assure you its not because of "homophobic parents"

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
WTF is that? Go and find work for Christ's sake and don't blame your parents for your stupid mistakes and decisions.

Tesseract

Banned
you don't let your kids go homeless, especially if you're absurdly wealthy. it's a basic standard of parenting that decent folk should reach.

The only reason this is a story is because your daddys a super star and you're gay. Shut the fuck up.

Why, when there are millions of homeless people in the world (such as veterans who are worth far more than what you're worth to society), am i hearing about the problems between you and your father.

Talk about privilege.

oagboghi2

I find the Tess Holiday Cosmo story underneath the Jackie Chan story in the OP's link to be for more fascinating...and disturbing.

Tumle

I Can see the partisan lines has been drawn in this topic..
If my world view was as black and white as some of you folks in here, I bet my life would be a lot easier..
On one hand yes she is a grown up and should act like one and not trying to con her parents because they are rich.. get a job!
On the other hand how shitty of a parent do you have to be to let your children live on the streets if you have the means to help them? Not saying she should be treated like the little princess she apparently thinks she’s entitled to, but just the decency to at least kickstart her life and send her on the right track, when it wouldn’t even make a dent in your wallet..
Maybe use a little bit of that off shore money he has collected..
tax evasion, and child evasion is not a good look:p

you don't let your kids go homeless, especially if you're absurdly wealthy. it's a basic standard of parenting that decent folk should reach.

or parents could teach their kids not to quit their jobs and move to another country when they are eighteen and have no savings

a) she lives in Canada, Jackie lives in Hong Kong

b) He was never her legitimate daddy, he knocked up her mom during a brief affair. She had the child regardless.

c) who cares.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
If we only lived in a world where all instagram models were homeless

Last edited by a moderator:
jackie, what are you doing.
IH4fZyx.gif

Dontero

Banned
If my world view was as black and white as some of you folks in here, I bet my life would be a lot easier..
On one hand yes she is a grown up and should act like one and not trying to con her parents because they are rich.. get a job!
On the other hand how shitty of a parent do you have to be to let your children live on the streets if you have the means to help them? Not saying she should be treated like the little princess she apparently thinks she’s entitled to, but just the decency to at least kickstart her life and send her on the right track, when it wouldn’t even make a dent in your wallet..

You don't need to separate one thing from another. Both are true. Her father is loaded and he can't share which makes him piece of shit if he knows. And she is dumb as fuck and apperently having a job is beneath her.

Papa

Banned

How do we know he is even aware of her situation and that she isn’t just seeking attention?

Tumle

How do we know he is even aware of her situation and that she isn’t just seeking attention?
But what if he is aware of her situation?
Where are we going with the questioning?
Nowhere really.. Just putting up hypothetical questions that we don’t have answers too.. and won’t know unless the other party comes out and says something to contradict what we know for now..

Papa

Banned
But what if he is aware of her situation?
Where are we going with the questioning?
Nowhere really.. Just putting up hypothetical questions that we don’t have answers too.. and won’t know unless the other party comes out and says something to contradict what we know for now..

Well I didn’t see anyone assuming that he wasn’t aware, only the opposite. It’s generally good to give people the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

Liamario

Banned
She says that he's not in her life and is not her dad. Then why is she complaining about him not supporting her. Sounds like a scam to me. Of course this doesn't mean Jackie isn't homophobic.

Papa

Banned
I'm sorry but if Jackie doesn't know where his 18 yo daughter is, he's a bad father.

What if the mother and/or daughter didn’t want him in their lives until now?

Not saying it’s definitely the case but am pointing out that it’s a possibility and we haven’t heard his side of the story yet.

Risky

Neo Member
"You're not in my life and not my dad!"
then after encountering difficulty
"w-wait can i rescind that statement for some sweet publicity"

tkscz

I'm sorry but if Jackie doesn't know where his 18 yo daughter is, he's a bad father.

Or you can look up the fact that he was never really in her life. She was raised by her mother away from Jackie. So chances are they may never talk and he may be unaware of her life right now. Also, don't give a fuck if he's rich or not, she is an adult and can be handling her own instead of hoping her instagram will get her money.

I find the Tess Holiday Cosmo story underneath the Jackie Chan story in the OP's link to be for more fascinating...and disturbing.

Tess is sexy, but kind of a spoiled brat personality wise.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

I am a liberal and I have to agree with the majority here. She is a grown adult who should be able to find a job and get a living. Once you are an adult, you need to learn how to fend for yourself. You cannot rely on your parents for the rest of your life, especially if you are the one making the mistakes. It isn't your parents job to bail you out if you are in trouble.

Most parents that I know would say that this is a "learning opportunity" for their child, and I would wholeheartedly agree.

Sakura

She had a job but she quit and she also dropped out of school to be with her girlfriend. So, neither her, nor her 30 year old girlfriend apparently are working, and as a result, unsurprisingly they have no money. Also consider that she was only 17 when she started dating the much older Canadian girl.
Her mother had raised her, Jackie wasn't a part of her life, and she has said previously she doesn't want to get acquainted with her father. As such, it seems strange to assume that Jackie should've been aware of her whereabouts up until now, and also to assume that he has been actively refusing to help her.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
She is homeless because she is lazy, not because of her "homophobic parents". Grow up kiddos, put your big girl pants on.

Sounds like a scam, TBH. "Papa Chan, send us them cheques!"

Last edited:

Tumle

I am a liberal and I have to agree with the majority here. She is a grown adult who should be able to find a job and get a living. Once you are an adult, you need to learn how to fend for yourself. You cannot rely on your parents for the rest of your life, especially if you are the one making the mistakes. It isn't your parents job to bail you out if you are in trouble.

Most parents that I know would say that this is a "learning opportunity" for their child, and I would wholeheartedly agree.
Didn’t say that she shouldn’t act like a adult and stop crying and being a little princess ... but i can not get behind that letting your children sleep on the streets is a learning experience.. Im not even a parent and I would not let it get to that place if my fictional children Where in danger of being homeless, if I had the money to correct(not to enable) there behaviour..
but as others have said if her mother or father doesn’t know about it then it’s understandable that they haven’t done anything to help her..and her premise that’s it’s because they are homophobic falls to the ground..

I don’t hold Jackie chan to the highest standards.. but I don’t blame him as much as her mother, since he hasn’t had much contact with her.. witch also make it seem like a cash grab from her..

Last edited:

Drake

Get a job FFS. The rest of us work. If I was Jackie I would create a 30 second response video where I burn $50,000 in cash and laugh.

DiscoJer

I don't see the "homophobia" from her mother

I feel that if they have no money, they should go find work. They shouldn’t film a clip telling others they are broke and who Etta’s father is.

People all over the world work hard and don’t rely on someone else’s fame to get money

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
Or you can look up the fact that he was never really in her life. She was raised by her mother away from Jackie. So chances are they may never talk and he may be unaware of her life right now. Also, don't give a fuck if he's rich or not, she is an adult and can be handling her own instead of hoping her instagram will get her money.

Tess is sexy, but kind of a spoiled brat personality wise.

Damn son, I liked your post until the last bit. Your avatar makes so much sense now.

Papa

Banned

Hey Claus, where have you been? Haven’t seen you posting much lately.

Tesseract

Banned
damn you guys are cold blooded. there's a halfway between not helping your kid, and making sure they ain't sleeping under a bridge. you know, where they can get raped and shit.

basic parenting means putting a roof over your kid's head no matter what.

but that's me.

Gandara

I feel like she is using the homophobia angle to force her parents to give her money. Seems like a way to blackmail her parents in public. Hate these public shaming that seems to be in thing these days.

Also, where the heck are they filming the video from? Doesn't look like the street or under a bridge to me so I'm suspecting someone is at least helping them out. Hell when my friend was homeless, I had him stay with me until he could figure out his life. He's parents also had a ton of money but had to fend on his own. He's now doing well and is married.

cryptoadam

Banned
Where is her mother in all of this? Since Jackie didn't raise her why isn't her mother who did raise her helping her out?

Lets say Jackie helps her a bit to get on her feet, then what? She will keep going to the well asking for more and more probably.

This is a common trope, sometimes its reversed too. Parent or child is rich, maybe a movie star or an athlete and then all of a sudden out of the woodwork comes relatives with their hands out when they were never in that persons life.

Now I will say people should have a heart and on the surface if I was in Jackie's shoes I would try to help her out just enough to get her on her feet. But we don't know the story she could of told him to never be in her life. He could of offered her some help like getting her a job, or having her move to HK, or paying for a ticket to go back to her mom and she refused all of this.

Bottom line to me is this girl comes off as entitled. She puts her estranged dad who she didn't want in her life on blast in what I would essentially call extortion.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Hey Claus, where have you been? Haven’t seen you posting much lately.

Two reasons:

1.) New Semester started up. Getting classes ready, labs set up, my own course work done, and continuing research (as well as applying to graduate school/studying for the GRE)! Kept me busy.

2.) World of Warcraft: Battle For Azeroth. By far my favorite expansion launch in YEARS. Still enthralled in the game nearly three weeks later and have had a hard time getting away from it.

I should return to posting more in the next week or two once I finish a few assignments/data sets. Sorry for being absent!

damn you guys are cold blooded. there's a halfway between not helping your kid, and making sure they ain't sleeping under a bridge. you know, where they can get raped and shit.

but that's me.

I believe it is less about being cold-blooded and more how they had plenty of opportunities to fix this issue, but they refused and are instead trying to paint their parents in a bad light (one of whom it seems has has little to no participation in their raising). They still have ways to fix this without relying on their parents to bail them out of their own mistakes. If they were truly worried about becoming homeless, they would forgo their "pride" and get a job at Mcdonalds or as a Janitor (both of which are pretty easy to come by, surprisingly).

Last edited:

highrider

Banned

but that's me.

That’s me too.

Papa

Banned

but that's me.

If he knew about it, I agree with you, but we need to hear his side of the story first. Does the homophobia angle she’s going with not get your spidey sense tingling?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
If he knew about it, I agree with you, but we need to hear his side of the story first. Does the homophobia angle she’s going with not get your spidey sense tingling?

Victimhood is all the rage these days in the youth, so yeah, I have pause to hear his side if there ever is one. This story may disappear like dust in the wind however.

Last edited:
Top Bottom