• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jackie Chan's daughter says she's homeless and sleeping under bridges because of 'homophobic parents'

Weiji

Banned
He refused to donate $1,500 to her wedding, so she’s sleeping under bridges in South America.

DiscoJer

damn you guys are cold blooded. there's a halfway between not helping your kid, and making sure they ain't sleeping under a bridge. you know, where they can get raped and shit.

basic parenting means putting a roof over your kid's head no matter what.

but that's me.

Her mother lives in Hong Kong. Her daughter left her home there to go to Canada. She could move back to Hong Kong, but apparently doesn't want to.

Weiji

Banned
Could it be more obvious that she’s trying to use social media to blackmail her famous father?

What a horrible person.

Sakura

damn you guys are cold blooded. there's a halfway between not helping your kid, and making sure they ain't sleeping under a bridge. you know, where they can get raped and shit.

but that's me.
She literally took off on her own without even telling her mother. Her mother filed a missing person's report because she didn't know where she was. I don't see how you can blame them for making sure she isn't sleeping under a bridge.
She could just, you know, go back home. She has no reason to be in Canada.
The problem is she doesn't want to be separated from her girlfriend. If I were to guess as to what is going on, I would say her girlfriend no longer had a valid visa to stay in China, which makes sense when you consider she is currently unemployed, so she had to go back to Canada. Etta then followed her to Canada, but of course she can't work there because she wouldn't have a visa allowing her to do so, and thus they have no money.

Tesseract

Banned
She literally took off on her own without even telling her mother. Her mother filed a missing person's report because she didn't know where she was. I don't see how you can blame them for making sure she isn't sleeping under a bridge.
She could just, you know, go back home. She has no reason to be in Canada.
The problem is she doesn't want to be separated from her girlfriend. If I were to guess as to what is going on, I would say her girlfriend no longer had a valid visa to stay in China, which makes sense when you consider she is currently unemployed, so she had to go back to Canada. Etta then followed her to Canada, but of course she can't work there because she wouldn't have a visa allowing her to do so, and thus they have no money.

so like, wire her some money?

hecatomb

Banned
It also said he doesn't care if she is lesbian. Also many parents will kick their kids out of the house soon as they turn 18 its nothing new, he's not the only person who does it.

Sakura

so like, wire her some money?
She is in Canada but she can't live there. But she also doesn't want to go home. If the answer was just buy her a plane ticket home, then I would agree, but she wouldn't accept this because she has already said she doesn't want to be separated, this is the reason she doesn't want to go to any government agencies for help either. She and her partner need to make some adult decisions, and need to realise that maybe their relationship isn't going to work the way it is right now.

Foxbat

Banned
My incredible detective skillz have lead me to a couple of conclusions.

1. There was likely an agreed to child support system set up by the parents. Celebrities don't really like dragging this through the courts.
2. Said agreement was likely pretty generous, as the mother would have leverage.
3. Daughter was likely getting some, if not all of that child support money going directly to her for the last couple of years.
4. Child support likely ended when the daughter turned 18.
5. Daughter no longer has Jackie's child support coming in, and is now living under a bridge.
6. Daughter's second love is maple syrup, hence why she refuses to leave Canada.

Elementary my dear Watson!

lil puff

It also said he doesn't care if she is lesbian. Also many parents will kick their kids out of the house soon as they turn 18 its nothing new, he's not the only person who does it.
I got kicked out but no matter the relationship with my parents, I respect that they still felt the need to help me when I needed it.

I don't know the situation here, but overall, my instinct is not to diss my own.

I would agree that there is something strange going on, which limits my support for this girl.

but that's me.

I'm willing to bet she never actually slept under a bridge.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
My incredible detective skillz have lead me to a couple of conclusions.

1. There was likely an agreed to child support system set up by the parents. Celebrities don't really like dragging this through the courts.
2. Said agreement was likely pretty generous, as the mother would have leverage.
3. Daughter was likely getting some, if not all of that child support money going directly to her for the last couple of years.
4. Child support likely ended when the daughter turned 18.
5. Daughter no longer has Jackie's child support coming in, and is now living under a bridge.
6. Daughter's second love is maple syrup, hence why she refuses to leave Canada.

Elementary my dear Watson!

giphy.gif

tkscz

if she was my daughter, i'd already have sent her money or picked her up.

I'm not sure if you're playing devil's advicit or what, but she never wanted anything to do with her father until right now. Again, she didn't keep up with him, she left her mom's home unannounced, she probably has not tried or cannot reach him. Most likely he has no idea she is in this mess. How on earth can he send her money if he has no idea she's in trouble to begin with? Her mom thought she was missing. Considering they had little contact with Jackie, she probably didn't tell him. And unless this is reported or more popular news networks, he most likely won't hear about this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom