• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jane Pinckard leaving 1up (& Ziff)

Scotch

I guess they liked her speech (it was GDC right?)

Too bad really, first Che now Jane. But best of luck to her.

Akia

First Che, and now Jane. Man the 1up Show's future ain't bright. Hopefully Ryan can hold the fort down on his own. Who's gonna make the THEME MUSIC? NOOOOO.

Sapiens

chespace said:
Jerks ahoy!

People are just being honest, dude. On the 1up show, her personality is very abbrasive and I really dont blame people for not missing her. Nothing was more annoying that watching (and listening) to her AND Kathleen go on and on. Two worst voices ever.

I stopped watching he 1up show once you left anyways.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
from what i understand, jane and ryan were really instrumental in turning the 1up show from what it was initially (yuck) to what it is now (rock).

it is a loss, but i'm sure she'll do great things with gdc.

Sapiens

DarknessTear said:
All I think about when I hear "Jane" is "horny Rez vibrator girl".

Good way to market yourself. That was a brilliant move on her part. She's intelligent and easy on the eyes, but shit like that really makes you stick out.

Funny shit -

She just doesnt belong in front of the camera (waist up)

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
She jumped to Super Sayian hotness when she took off those freakin glasses...imastalker.co knows what i'm talkin bout :waggle :waggle

Belfast said:
Quiet chumps. Without Jane there probably wouldn't even be a 1UP Show at all.

No joke....she seems to have been pretty pivotal to the show. She also seemed like a very nice person (from what little I saw of her on the show).

Some of you guys are the most negative mother****ers I have ever seen.

Sapiens said:
Good way to market yourself. That was a brilliant move on her part. She's intelligent and easy on the eyes, but shit like that really makes you stick out.

Funny shit -

She just doesnt belong in front of the camera (waist up)

Well she was pretty attractive in ways other than physically but still I think of her as kind of.. potentially promiscuous now. :lol

snatches

GAF: Producers of 92% of hate on teh intarnets

show some ****ing class

I'll miss you Jane. Nice work on the 1up show.

Zeed

Banned
All posts in this thread can be filed into one of three categories:

Brown-Nosers
Assholes
Horny Mother****ers

Where does yours belong?

Acosta

Her new job sounds boring... I always thought the "evolution" for journalists specialized in videogames was either in a studio as developer or in a company as PR or any role like that.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Ryan is next.

1uphl0.jpg

hyp

that's a huge blow IMO. i mean, wasn't she the one doing most of the japanese translation in interviews?

she's dope... definitely a big contributor to 1UP as we know(/knew) it.

I was just kidding by the way, I know nothing about the woman and don't regularly watch the show. The only thing I remember about her was David Jaffe being very condescending toward her during an interview during this year's GDC.

i've enjoyed Jane's writing through the years. it bummed me out when i heard about this departure. best of luck i suppose. hopefully we will get some freelance pieces from time to time.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I'm sure she contributed a lot to the 1up Show behind the camera, but to be honest I didn't find her that interesting when she was on the show. Che was a bigger loss in that case. And she had a way of holding back various ziff davis podcasts she appeared on by sounding like she didn't even wanna be there in the first place, almost annoyed. So I'm not too bothered by this announcement personally (unless 1up show goes down the shitter because of it), but congrats to Jane and all that. :D

Sapiens

Kiriku said:
I'm sure she contributed a lot to the 1up Show behind the camera, but to be honest I didn't find her that interesting when she was on the show. Che was a bigger loss in that case. And she had a way of holding back various ziff davis podcasts she appeared on by sounding like she didn't even wanna be there in the first place, almost annoyed. So I'm not too bothered by this announcement personally (unless 1up show goes down the shitter because of it), but congrats to Jane and all that. :D

Sorry dude, but according to the rest of GAF, you're opinion is not valid. How can anyone not like Jane in any way?

:lol :lol :lol

Sapiens said:
People are just being honest, dude. On the 1up show, her personality is very abbrasive and I really dont blame people for not missing her. Nothing was more annoying that watching (and listening) to her AND Kathleen go on and on. Two worst voices ever.

I stopped watching he 1up show once you left anyways.

I'm actually a big fan of Jane's voice. .... Wow that sounds weird.

I liked Jane a lot on the 1up show, and on GGA before that. Hopefully we get to hear/read more from her in the future (besides GDC itineraries and stuff!). Sounds like a great job for her, even though it doesn't do much in terms of entertaining or informing me. Which is really what everyone's priority should be.

Google

I havent seen the 1UP show in ****ing ages...

Personally, I got bored when it went 'Hollywood', and they stopped swearing...I missed Che's input, and however much of a prick (read : Legend) Luke Smith may be, its just not the same as Che!

Why is everyone getting sad that Jane is leaving? She's blatantly going to be getting paid money now, so good luck to her!

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Sapiens said:
Sorry dude, but according to the rest of GAF, you're opinion is not valid. How can anyone not like Jane in any way?

:lol :lol :lol

:lol
I don't hate her though, but I don't particularly like her either. But the worst part about Jane isn't Jane herself, but her rabid fans at GAF going on about how cute and hot she is mainly because

a) she likes videogames
b) she can speak Japanese

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
the year 20XX said:
I liked Jane a lot on the 1up show, and on GGA before that. Hopefully we get to hear/read more from her in the future (besides GDC itineraries and stuff!). Sounds like a great job for her, even though it doesn't do much in terms of entertaining or informing me. Which is really what everyone's priority should be.

I really feel this sums up my feelings, so I'll quote it. Best of luck, Jane.

Aw, now who will the sad pathetic lonely otaku wank to? The chick from gamelife? :lol

In all seriousness, good luck Jane with whatever the new thing you'll be doing is.

Top Bottom