• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

UberTag

Brian Mann said in review a raw that all if JTGs pitches involve being joker sting
Perhaps he's really good at impersonating Joker Sting.
Sort of like how Jay Lethal was really good at impersonating Randy Savage.

racist1.gif

Fine then. Like how Duane Gill was really good at impersonating Bill Goldberg. Happy?

Kaladin

If no one objects (and if you do, I've got some bad news) I'm coming out of retirement to post the new thread Friday night after Smackdown.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Prepare for salt.

I see WWE held Kane off Raw last night because they didn't want to deal with tinkering on those crowd mics for all the mad pops and "Kane's abs" chants that would have no doubt taken place.

Hasney

If no one objects (and if you do, I've got some bad news) I'm coming out of retirement to post the new thread Friday night after Smackdown.

Prepare for salt.

I await the Aiii thread Thursday because he "didn't see this". >_>

McNei1y

I wanted Brotista to go ape shit after hearing all them boos last night. Although, his tantrum would probably last 30 seconds and then he'd be completely out of breath.

UberTag

Prepare for salt.
I await the Aiii thread Thursday because he "didn't see this". >_>
Mr. Sandman needs to add a hot picture of AJ bending over to his advance notice of OT creation so Aiii will clearly not have a viable "didn't see this" excuse.

In fact, photoshop the words "Mr. Sandman is doing the February OT" on AJ's buttocks.

I wanted Brotista to go ape shit after hearing all them boos last night. Although, his tantrum would probably last 30 seconds and then he'd be completely out of breath.
That doesn't say much about his ability to last a long time in bed. All of those divas he'll be shagging will have to finish themselves off.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
has it been mentioned how all of bray wyatts opponents have been ex's of AJ lee ?

Leave poor Aiii alone. I used to be the resident AJ fanatic.

He is welcome in my home as long as he accepts to detox and do some DDP Yoga with me.

Kaladin

- Pro Wrestling Noah star KENTA was at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando on Monday, working out in the ring. Word is that he was brought in for a tryout this week and that William Regal suggested WWE look at him.

Hasney

The KENTA thing was mentioned earlier, but the Regal thing is news to me. Would love it if he had someones ear for new talent.

Kaladin

The KENTA thing was mentioned earlier, but the Regal thing is news to me. Would love it if he had someones ear for new talent.

I think Regal was Pro American Wolves.....we know how that turned out.

Also, the site was fucked when I posted and trying to search made me want to rip my arm off.

Regal has been behind most of the better indie and foreign talent getting looks for a while, I think. Hero and Cesar for sure was him, Neville I think, a few more. He watches a lot of tape and keeps his eye open.

KENTA in WWE...I kind of want to see it happen just to see how awful a gimmick they could nail him with. If WWE had interest in a Japanese guy I would think it'd be Shibata, his body is the most 'American'. Fuck losing the corner dropkick tho.

Malvingt2

The original plan for last night's RAW was to feature a number of qualifying matches for the Elimination Chamber match. When Vince McMahon decided the show needed to be re-written late in the afternoon, the qualifiers were dropped in favor of the six-man match. CM Punk was originally scheduled to wrestle in one of the qualifying matches but the decision was made to focus on his storyline with Kane next week.

really now?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in for the last 2 New Beginning shows but not the two $15 ones.

Also Raw was good. eat butts nonbelievers!

Verendus

Banned
Call me stubborn or entitled, but having Bryan winning the title in any place that isn't Mania just feels so hollow to me. Seriously, every person in the building was awaiting the road to not just Wrestlemania, but the road for Daniel Bryan's true payoff of finally achieving his dreams and many others who wanna see it (barring some people here who disagree but that's neither here nor there) It was the closest they have ever been to the beginning of that angle and to have it snatched away is completely insulting.

So Bryan winning the title Chamber just seems so hollow. Like giving the dog a bone but the company still gets its way and believes you'll like anything. But we don't.

I really wanna know the morale in the locker room. Probably the same, probably even worse, we don't know.

It's because they want him to TAKE IT at Mania.

"LOL Nope" - Vince or whoever we all hate collectively. I choose Rey.
I genuinely think you whine too much. WWE booking is terrible, it doesn't make a difference if he wins the title at EC or Wrestlemania. What matters is the match-up. If he's facing Lesnar at Wrestlemania for example, or Batista, the match doesn't become less interesting if he's the defending champion. He's already a multiple World Champion, and considering his last two reigns lasted about a day total, you can easily build an interesting story around him not being able to defend the title.

The main reason the crowd is frustrated right now has little to with them wanting Bryan to win the actual title at Wrestlemania, but that he hasn't already been champion for so many months. The Royal Rumble was just the latest in a line of things that's just WWE not giving those fans what they want, which is Bryan with the title. If Bryan was the reigning champion from last summer until now, with the fans actually getting what they wanted (him with the title), I doubt you'd be having any of these issues with crowds. They'd be happy, and Batista's return would've been smoother too rather than throwing him in the middle of an already upset fanbase who is not getting what they wanted. These crowds look like they would shit on even The Rock himself if he was getting in the way, that's how much of a mess this all seems to be. On the other hand, I hope they capitalise on this and bring Brotista back because this is an amazing opportunity for him to turn.

I still think the original plan for Wrestlemania was Batista vs. Lesnar, but I'm hoping they have Batista turn and face Bryan. Lesnar can go face Undertaker. Whichever way Brotista comes back quicker is the best.

Hasney

Don't know why Punk and Kane weren't on this week. They've got 3 hours of Raw and most of it feels like filler anyway. Same with Christian, have to watch Smackdown for the first time in a while now.

Would have been great if Christian ran down to help the DB save against the Shield and then wasn't announced in the 6 man tag. They just cut to a shot of the 4 of them with Cena, Sheamus and Bryan getting hyped up with Christian standing in the back looking miserable.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Courtesy of the inestimable @mookieghana on Twitter, he did a nice little graph of Wrestlemania Talent YOY Retention:

BfE5srGCUAAczs-.jpg:large

Interesting how '89 and '06 are at the tops.

Hasney

They still could have done the qualifying matches too, but I guess they didn't want the Shield to all lose individually. Bryan V Ambrose, Sheamus V Rollins & Cena V Reigns (With the Wyatt interference just like the 6-man to get Cena in while making Reigns look strong) all could have been fun though. Much better than Del Rio/Kofi and the Divas matches.

Xater

Courtesy of the inestimable @mookieghana on Twitter, he did a nice little graph of Wrestlemania Talent YOY Retention:

BfE5srGCUAAczs-.jpg:large

Interesting how '89 and '06 are at the tops.

Pretty bad tbh. Not yet New generation level but that's what happens if you bring these one off guys in.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
So KENTA comes in and can't do any of his moves because they were all jacked by Punk and Bryan. It wouldn't matter anyways because it would only take two weeks until he was "KENTA, Smackdowns number one announcer"

bjork

I don't know that it counts for anything, but I'm glad to see Jake is happy about the HoF. Troubled past or not, I like Jake and think he's one of the more interesting stories from the era when I was huge into this. I think he said he's writing a book, I'd love an audio version. I could listen to that dude talk all day.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know that it counts for anything, but I'm glad to see Jake is happy about the HoF. Troubled past or not, I like Jake and think he's one of the more interesting stories from the era when I was huge into this. I think he said he's writing a book, I'd love an audio version. I could listen to that dude talk all day.

Agreed. Though I gotta say, he deserves to be the main HoF attraction imho, but I can see waiting a year as being a pain in the ass.

RBH

Pretty bad tbh. Not yet New generation level but that's what happens if you bring these one off guys in.

It's funny how their over reliance on these one-off guys reminds me of the mid 90's when they brought back guys like Ultimate Warrior and Jake Roberts........and almost 20 years later, Warrior and Roberts are involved again! :p

Top Bottom