• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

bjork

Agreed. Though I gotta say, he deserves to be the main HoF attraction imho, but I can see waiting a year as being a pain in the ass.

I think if he had another year of sobriety under his belt, he probably could be the main dude. But I don't blame WWE for being a bit hesitant on it, you know he's had to have come up in the past, but until he got in with DDP, you could say his induction was probably being saved for post-death. Only way to guarantee he didn't come loaded or something. But it seems like he's making better choices now, and that's great for him, main attraction or not.

Xater

He is the main HOF attraction. Warrior sucks.

Warrior always sucked. That really dawned on my watching ll the episodes of OSW Review recently. I would actually have a tough time deciding who is worse Hogan or Warrior.

Seeing the Jake stuff in those reviews was awesome though. Also Randy Savage what an awesome performer.

charsace

Regal has been behind most of the better indie and foreign talent getting looks for a while, I think. Hero and Cesar for sure was him, Neville I think, a few more. He watches a lot of tape and keeps his eye open.

KENTA in WWE...I kind of want to see it happen just to see how awful a gimmick they could nail him with. If WWE had interest in a Japanese guy I would think it'd be Shibata, his body is the most 'American'. Fuck losing the corner dropkick tho.

Kenta would do well if they let him remain an ass kicker. Give him a karate shoot fighter gimmick, a good mouth piece, and allow him to brutalize some guys with strikes and he would be legit. Kenta just has the intensity to be a badass.

Xater

Kenta would do well if they let him remain an ass kicker. Give him a karate shoot fighter gimmick, a good mouth piece, and allow him to brutalize some guys with strikes and he would be legit. Kenta just has the intensity to be a badass.

Kenta vs Bryan feud where they could stiff the shit out of each other would be sooo goooood, but WWE will never let that happen.

Ithil

Apparently not only does KENTA have a tryout, but WWE have made an offer to Prince Devitt. They did it a while ago, and Devitt has not resigned with NJPW yet, so he is evidently considering it.
His contract with NJPW has to be renwed at the start of every year.

KENTA is a damn move thief obv

Look at all the stuff he stole from Punk and Bryan! :p

AND ORTON!

Though he does use the Yes Lock...

And DEVITT IS TOO REAAALLLLLLL *jacket*

Xater

Apparently not only does KENTA have a tryout, but WWE have made an offer to Prince Devitt. They did it a while ago, and Devitt has not resigned with NJPW yet, so he is evidently considering it.
His contract with NJPW has to be renwed at the start of every year.

Ruh roh?

I don#t think Devitt can have the same success he has in japan, but WWE's money is probably still better.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't expect Devitt to sign. He's got a pretty cushy deal with NJPW and they love having him.

So let me get this straight. They dropped Punk off the card due to match plans changing on a night where you had 2 throw away tag matches and Kofi vs Del Rio? I guess the plan is to have the middle 2 hours of the show be an extended bathroom break or something?

It's happening!!!

tumblr_mzo9tf5Tj41sg99p0o1_1280.png

XShagrath

KENTA being at the performance center kinda makes me want to go to the NXT tapings this week in hopes that he'll get a televised (or dark) match there.

NXT tapings are so hideously long though, with usually only a handful of matches. There's also no intermission other than them changing the ring apron between "shows" and that takes all of 1-2 minutes. The bleachers are also not comfortable at all to sit in for 4-5 hours.

Ithil

I wouldn't expect Devitt to sign. He's got a pretty cushy deal with NJPW and they love having him.

The thing about that is WWE knows Devitt makes good money in NJPW, so if they want him on the roster, they wouldn't offer him a developmental contact (those pay peanuts) they would offer him at least the amount he makes in Japan, otherwise he's obviously not going to accept. In turn, if they're paying him 300k or something right from the start, they will actually want him to be pushed instead of hanging around in developmental for ages, because they see that as a waste of money if the wrestler isn't on a developmental contract.

Thing about wrestling in WWE is if you are successful, even in the midcard, you can make a LOT more money than your base salary from royalties, bonuses etc.

It's too bad you can't bring Bullet Club to WWE. Imagine the imagery of all the finger guns pointed at the temple of Cena or Miz. Never gonna happen but man, talk about badass. Easily my favorite thing going on NJPW.

EDIT: Why have they not been selling Bullet Club iPhone cases? Is it a thing I can buy now?

WRESTLE-1 - BOB SAPP & KEIJI MUTOH vs RENÉ DUPRÉE & ZODIAC - 2013

ibdZ2Dj8c5CxZg.gif

it's been 15 seconds into the video and there's already a Double J promo. this is going to be awesome.

iblou4Qx9ejceF.gif

awesome indeed, holy shit. Zodiac and Duprée come out to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDK9QqIzhwk

iZu5uyAJGLALy.gif

Sapp is old and fat and it makes me sad. his entrance will always be amazing. love you, big man.

iR6jyfY50CNYS.gif

match starts with all men on the ring trading blows. Mutoh is take down outside the ring. René and Zodiac work on Sapp but he comes back with a double clothesline. Sapp tags in Mutoh who does a smooth keylock takedown.

iblzTJWj8FrXYL.gif

Muta elbow drop, always great to watch.

iLRNKqvW6MTC4.gif

Mutoh locks in a STF which prompts Zodiac to do the silliest submission break i've ever seen.

ieZIihzJUpXHE.gif

Sapp is now the legal man. MASTERLOCK!!!

ibbCkoOjG5Ap0U.gif

Mutoh is back in. Zodiac kicks him on the back and René hits a sweet DDT to change the tide.

ibxWlF00ME4tnw.gif

Zodiac is tagged in. this dude has the worst offence i've ever seen, what the fuck is that?

iSi8MYzpwx2zs.gif

Sapp comes in and he's hyped out his mind!!! screaming like a madman! Shoulder Tackle, look at him!!!

isd2ecWo1Icge.gif

a Dragon Screw for you, a Dragon Screw for him. shame Mutoh is so old, he moves so slow now, his knees are completely done.

ivS1HamAPacNj.gif

OHHHH, Dobba Lariato!! first remotely entertaining thing Zodiac does all match.

i4LOFOx8nPCXb.gif

René and Zodiac double team Mutoh for a while till Sapp comes back and cleans house. Mutoh is there with René now. SHINING WIZARD!!

ik7WF1xY9AuwB.gif

but René kicks out at 2. Mutoh ain't having it. Top Rope Moonsault!!! 1 and 2 and 3, the pin is done, Sapp and Mutoh are the winners.

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/straight-shooters-with-lambda-piscium

They still could have done the qualifying matches too, but I guess they didn't want the Shield to all lose individually. Bryan V Ambrose, Sheamus V Rollins & Cena V Reigns (With the Wyatt interference just like the 6-man to get Cena in while making Reigns look strong) all could have been fun though. Much better than Del Rio/Kofi and the Divas matches.
The commentary during the Kofi match was putting them both over. I wa shock. Was Emma on again? She wasnt during yhe 90 on Hulu again.....

FFI - BOB SAPP vs BOBBY LASHLEY - 2009

iwnxbDaoCHKei.gif

in the blue corner, 255.5 pounds of pure muscle, Bobby Lashley!! look at how confident he is, cocky bastard.

ibbrOQnc6b7gPK.gif

in the red corner, 322 pounds of pure skill, Bob Sapp!! this is technically an openweight fight, since under the unified rules, HW tops at 265 pounds, making Sapp a Super HW.

iprrG8IdsVJIW.gif

fight begins. oh oh, Lashley shoots for the takedown and Sapp is already on his back. not looking good for our hero.

iZ45RkX55bZel.gif

heavy right hands from the top by Lashley. Sapp is trapped is not coming out anytime soon.

ixzTMJ9abyHTC.gif

Sapp had enough, got hit with 100 right hands on his head and does something i hate: tap to strikes.

ibwQCHPyzmL2D7.gif

the crowd boos as Lashley soaks them in. what is it with WWE that undermines any sort of personality these guys might have? Lashley is a great cocky heel.

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/straight-shooters-with-lambda-piscium

It's too bad you can't bring Bullet Club to WWE. Imagine the imagery of all the finger guns pointed at the temple of Cena or Miz. Never gonna happen but man, talk about badass. Easily my favorite thing going on NJPW.

EDIT: Why have they not been selling Bullet Club iPhone cases? Is it a thing I can buy now?

Finger guns to the Wrestlemania sign! BAZOOKA TO THE WRESTLEMANIA SIGN!!!!

UberTag

What is it with WWE that undermines any sort of personality these guys might have? Lashley is a great cocky heel.
Personality is frowned upon. If you showcase personality you might get over when the WWE doesn't want you to and threaten the glorious status quo.

Incidentally, after last night's 3-hour RAW (these used to be Supershows, remember?) can you guys share what angles/feuds were advanced in any kind of significant way?
Surely something big must have gone down to develop these stories and characters as they didn't even have time for CM Punk and Kane's abs. Am I right?

Mengetsu

New Steve austin show has the one and only Jim Johnston . !!!

I listened to this was awesome. If your especially not into music this will be boring to anyone else. You learn some fun facts and the fact he has no team and does it all himself is amazing! And he can't read music sheets!

strobogo

Banned
I still need to do a PWG show, which worries me as they very often veer into the same indie bullshit Davey pulled on that ROH show I watched.

Devitt was not offered a contract with The E. Besides, his sponsorship with Gorgio Aramni would play a HUGE role. The ae could not make any money off of him because they could create a wrestling shirt to wear in public.

somedevil

Some News:

WWE is planning on turning Batista heel some time after WrestleMania XXX.

- The following matches are expected for WWE's Elimination Chamber pay-per-view:

* CM Punk vs. Kane

* Batista vs. Alberto Del Rio

* The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family

So is Brock is in the chamber and who else if Punk and Bray are tied up?

The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family

YES!

Also its going to be fun to see what they do with Bryan after EC because we all know he isnt in the WM title match.

If I was them I would give Punk something else to do and just swap him into the WM match against HHH but we all know that HHH storylines never chance even when they where leaked 6 months ago and make no sense.

The rumoured tag match with Cena against The Wyatts just seems like a horrible waste of time for the Wyatts and Bryan. Cena is going to suck any life out of that build up.

Malvingt2

I have a question: Can Batista have a good match vs Del Rio? I know people like to make fun of Del Rio but Batista looked bad at the RR

Top Bottom