• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vylash

23ED2B64-E7BF-4833-B3D2-E6781E48AC49_mw800_s-668x350.jpg

Внима́ние! Внима́ние! The following OT is dedicated to the leader of the free world, Vladimir Putin.

It's the road to Wrestlemania! The time of year where we all convince ourselves that THIS is the year where things get good. But don't worry, THIS is the year where things get good.

jJi2rH15yaicO.jpg

...fuck

COMMUNITY NEWS

Bionic's carny ass retired again, we wish him the best in his future endeavors for the next week.

The avatar rumble is still scheduled for sometime this month, keep an eye on the topic for more details

fJM48bw.jpg

ibsChvV0fb9Ggy.gif

The Authority has returned, and all Rollins had to do was beat up 2 overrated canadians, fun and playful times are ahead, friends

ex6EUOo.gif

Daniel Bryan is back, 2014 was the very definition of a roller coaster for him, so it's great that he's finally returning to action at the Royal Rumble and we're all excited to see him main event Wrestlemania again, but I feel like I'm forgetting someone...

ijqf93pXypWtV.gif

FIwc1jk.gif

eh, guess not

20140301013507!NXT_Wrestling.png

OVl7gVn.gif
iD2Cvcr4csK5Y.gif

We're all still reeling from R-Evolution, and with only one more Ascension match to suffer through it looks like we can finally fully enjoy wonderful NXT programming

Total Divas

Total_Divas_2014_logo.png

Don't act like you're not excited. What does the future hold for John and Nikki? How many Paige gifs will the first episode provide us with? Will Vinny finally trade up? What about Rosa who is apparently on the show? Find out the answers to these burning questions and more on Total Divas!

800px-Impact_Wrestling.png

iSkkAtPWQtsAf.gif

NJPW-Logo.png

BarrenSlightAlbatross.gif

NJPW is on a serious hot streak, Sakura vs Rio is one of the best feuds going in pro wrasslin today, keep an eye on this promotion.

Wall of shame

jP5OxWq2rao6I.jpg

Happy new year, guys

tumblr_myazinAfAH1qcluu2o7_250.gif
tumblr_myazinAfAH1qcluu2o4_250.gif

Big-Show-baby.gif

tumblr_mucgavYjGr1r89qoso4_250.gif

HAPPY NEW YEAR. WOOOO! No mention of Frecklestein's triumphant return from a potential career ending ban?!

tumblr_mj216krbgd1rt73joo3_250.gif

I'm on the wall of shame too?!

tumblr_mucgavYjGr1r89qoso1_250.gif

UberTag

Why does the #3 North American wrestling company rate an OP mention (even as a joke) when the #2 North American wrestling company is summarily ignored?
Also, it lacks required Wrestle Kingdom 9 coverage. Which will be the best PPV this month.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
People gave up on caring about Ring of Horrible years ago. The only time people will even bother to find a lamppost or whatever the pirating scum call it in this thread is when their otaku heroes from NJPW come over later in the year.

UberTag

People gave up on caring about Ring of Horrible years ago. The only time people will even bother to find a lamppost or whatever the pirating scum call it in this thread is when their otaku heroes from NJPW come over later in the year.
I want to refute this argument... and yet I can't. :(

somedevil

Lucha Underground news:

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that this is a reference to an offer the Young Bucks received from the Lucha Underground show. They reportedly received a lowball money offer for seven years.

On a related note, Lucha Underground is said to be interested in Jim Ross to be the lead announcer for their next season that begins filming in a few weeks. AAA also wants Ross to announce their English language pay-per-view event.

Man a 7 year offer. The young bucks are in demand but have turned down both the WWE and Lucha already.

Also, its funny that Jim Ross is calling a show with Striker who he might replace for lead announcer for the show Striker works for.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Not bad CureVylash! I see a lack of Hama pictures so here's a couple for the OP.

tteB6id.jpg

tLf7Zb1.jpg

strobogo

Banned
I feel so bad for Pierce Brosnan. I watched the Bond doc from a couple years ago and he was so excited to be Bond. Bond movies are what inspired him to become an actor. He had it taken away from him with Remmington Steele. And he finally gets it and his movies are so shitty. And he knows they're so shitty and it seems to really depress the shit out of him.

"Where did it all go wrong...."

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I feel so bad for Pierce Brosnan. I watched the Bond doc from a couple years ago and he was so excited to be Bond. Bond movies are what inspired him to become an actor. He had it taken away from him with Remmington Steele. And he finally gets it and his movies are so shitty. And he knows they're so shitty and it seems to really depress the shit out of him.

"Where did it all go wrong...."

The interviews in the years after DAD are heartbreaking. He wants one more shot but it's clear they are moving on.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
New Year's Resolutions are for people who can't wait to fail. Don't wait for a new year, fix your problems now. GOT IT FRECKLE?

UberTag

Anyone got any WRASSLIN related New Year's resolutions? Don't say stop subbing to the network, you're just lying to yourself.
That would be a good resolution.

Mine is to probably stop jumping the gun with new angles and assume it's shit. Even if it does usually end up being shit.
That's a terrible resolution if you're applying it to the WWE.
It's a great resolution if you're applying it to other companies.

As for Pierce, at least he had a memorable guest role on The Simpsons. Not every celeb can say that.

I just want to take a moment and shoot from the heart as this year ends. This might get a little TLDR so please don't be a poophead and get me banned again.

I remember listening to a LP'er on youtube talk about a place called "GAF". I went to check it out but never had the means to sign up, but I eventually did and here I am. During this year or so of lurking, I discovered WrestleGAF. I would check up on the forum daily and tune in every Monday, I grew some sorta odd ass one-sided friendship with ya'll that I'm happy to hopefully have made go both ways. Due to mental health issues I wont delve into, I've kinda become somewhat of a shut-in in my life and it's resulted in me pushing away and losing many good friends. But I'm working hard on getting back on my feet and becoming a man that I can be proud of. What does that have to do with anything? I've never really been apart of a community before GAF, you guys have become pretty much some of the only people I communicate with on a daily basis and help keep me sane and I'd like to thank all.. most... some... okay, probably just Sibersk I guess
a lot of you
for helping me feel welcomed here.

I know some of you shoot butt heads from time to time, and I hope that we can all work past some of our problems with one another and keep this a welcoming place for all who come here. I just want to let all of you know if anyone EVER has a problem or is in need of an opinion on something or some advice or just an ear or shoulder, my inbox is always open to you. I'm cool with exchanging skypes and shit. It's a New Year so let's make the best of it and put 2014 to shame, alright?

tumblr_nhe2c56VJ11tt2jjyo7_250.gif

I just spoke from the heart and I decided to write this on a whim, so if I doesn't make sense, then whatever. Happy New Year!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Freckle you've made a huge mistake

we're the best community for a reason though

gaiadyne

I just want to take a moment and shoot from the heart as this year ends. This might get a little TLDR so please don't be a poophead and get me banned again.

I remember listening to a LP'er on youtube talk about a place called "GAF". I went to check it out but never had the means to sign up, but I eventually did and here I am. During this year or so of lurking, I discovered WrestleGAF. I would check up on the forum daily and tune in every Monday, I grew some sorta odd ass one-sided friendship with ya'll that I'm happy to hopefully have made go both ways. Due to mental health issues I wont delve into, I've kinda become somewhat of a shut-in in my life and it's resulted in me pushing away and losing many good friends. But I'm working hard on getting back on my feet and becoming a man that I can be proud of. What does that have to do with anything? I've never really been apart of a community before GAF, you guys have become pretty much some of the only people I communicate with on a daily basis and help keep me sane and I'd like to thank all.. most... some... okay, probably just Sibersk I guess
a lot of you
for helping me feel welcomed here.

I know some of you shoot butt heads from time to time, and I hope that we can all work past some of our problems with one another and keep this a welcoming place for all who come here. I just want to let all of you know if anyone EVER has a problem or is in need of an opinion on something or some advice or just an ear or shoulder, my inbox is always open to you. I'm cool with exchanging skypes and shit. It's a New Year so let's make the best of it and put 2014 to shame, alright?

tumblr_nhe2c56VJ11tt2jjyo7_250.gif

I just spoke from the heart and I decided to write this on a whim, so if I doesn't make sense, then whatever. Happy New Year!

OziEunE.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom