• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Avatar Rumble (not to be confused with Rumble Pool, etc)

-- Your entry vote's cost is your avatar. By submitting a wrestler in the Avatar Rumble, you are acknowledging that you will change your avatar to be an avatar of the winning entrant, and maintain it for ONE FULL MONTH afterwards.

-- You enter your wrestler by PMing myself, Vince McMahon, with your entrant. This will put you on the list.

-- The list is first-come, first-serve until we fill all of the available slots. I will need to verify with the piece of shit WWE2k15 game that there are only 30 man Rumbles available, so PLAN on it filling up quickly.

-- The Rumble will take place the day before the actual Royal Rumble. It will be announced in here what the time will be but expect it to be in the evening for Americans.

-- It will be broadcast on Twitch - http://twitch.tv/sunnybuns is the channel that will be streaming it.

-- If you welch on your bet (don't switch avatars) you will be juniored. We have admin support on this. Live up to your bet.

-- There will NOT be an announced list of who's entered - that makes it more fun. Feel free to spoil your entry if you wish, but there will not be a master list and the entrants are RANDOMIZED. Earthquake could very well be #30.

-- If I can manage to get my old capture device working (doubtful) I will do this in WWE2k14, which holds 40 slots. Do not expect this to work, but I will make an attempt.

Shit I forgot to enter ;(

I haven't watched ROH since the last PPV and loved this week's show (well, the 45 minutes of it I saw). ODB got a huge pop and while she's an odd fit for ROH, she's a perfect fit for the Briscoes. Beer City Bruiser is an act I should like more than I do, but he comes off as more of a tribute act than someone genuinely getting what made big fat brawler types work. Alberto-Daniels was very good, but also was exactly how you'd expect a video game match to be done with both of them. I love Lethal seemingly setting up a PPV match with Alberto and Hanson's promo was really good hyping up the world title match. Not sure what to make of the Knights of the Dawn other than this gimmick requires a bigger budget than ROH can afford. I'm more excited about the reveal than seeing the buildup to the reveal on that one.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/01/roh-1-25-15.html

Alucard

Banned
I haven't watched ROH since the last PPV and loved this week's show (well, the 45 minutes of it I saw). ODB got a huge pop and while she's an odd fit for ROH, she's a perfect fit for the Briscoes. Beer City Bruiser is an act I should like more than I do, but he comes off as more of a tribute act than someone genuinely getting what made big fat brawler types work. Alberto-Daniels was very good, but also was exactly how you'd expect a video game match to be done with both of them. I love Lethal seemingly setting up a PPV match with Alberto and Hanson's promo was really good hyping up the world title match. Not sure what to make of the Knights of the Dawn other than this gimmick requires a bigger budget than ROH can afford. I'm more excited about the reveal than seeing the buildup to the reveal on that one.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/01/roh-1-25-15.html

OMG hello my brother.

This was such a refreshing show. Beyond having JBL do the weather, they should really consider putting at least one full PPV match on a post-PPV Raw show. They've already budgeted PPV buys as zero, and by only doing one match (and not always having it be a main event), you don't piss off Network subscribers. The sitdown interview stuff was so great too. Seth put himself over as a top guy and then did a deal with Brock that should logically lead to a Brock match at Fast Lane. They're already giving away Cena-Rusev and a HHH-Sting confrontation for that show, so you might as well go all-in and get one more match out of Brock if you're determined to sacrifice so much of WM's card. Have Seth-Brock in a one on one match to cement Seth, even with a loss, as the top dog. Hell, I'd have Seth beat him and either do a triple threat with Brock cashing in his rematch and saying it's a chance to beat up two guys again, or do Brock-Bryan and calling it a number 1 contender's match.

They seem to think that Brock's leaving, although if I was WWE, I'd look into a dual contract with UFC. It seems insane given that WWE is such a control freak of a company, but they do allow him to have sponsors and UFC does allow Josh Barnett to do IGF matches. UFC has far more to gain with Brock being exposed on WWE's TV than just being on their currently-struggling TV setup and it would be best for both companies to have Brock's services right now. WWE needs the roster depth and star power, and the same holds true for UFC. Having him do one fight per year for UFC and then long before and after that doing a match for WWE would work for the companies and allow Brock to line his pockets like never before.

The Roman interview was a disaster. Between the audio issue at the start and Roman offering up patty-cake responses, he came off as doomed. The weirdest bit was them bringing up him being hand-picked by the higher ups, who in storyline are opposed to him as evidenced by the end of the Rumble match, and he thanked them for the opportunity. LOVED LOVED LOVED the Arnold parody bits - Paige and Ryback shined, while Vince probably went through his personal collection for the bodybuilding pics. Loved Dean walking and hitchhiking to the building, then asking "Hey, you guys got any posters of me I can look at!?" Bryan's interview with Renee was a great way to set up a Brock match in the future. They've really got more matches they need to get out of Brock - shame they wasted three matches on a year-long feud with HHH. Heyman cut among the greatest promos in history with Roman Reigns here. This promo was worth every penny they've paid Brock since 2012 if it winds up helping Roman out. If this was just in a vacuum with nothing else until WM, it would be a million buys.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/01/raw-1-26-15.html

Screens -

HE'S ON A ROLL, BABY!

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/ptv0z9xmgjba96whobfjrlrd6lepafx0

WWE 24 - WM 30 -
WWE built this up pretty big and while it was really good, it was greatly hurt by time constraints and painting as rosey a picture as possible for things. It was Connor-heavy, which is fine but Steph saying they invited him to WM to give him something to live for came off as one of those self-congratulatory lines that they throw out. It was nice to have Warrior's family in this, but if you didn't know otherwise, you wouldn't know he passed away since that didn't get a graphic while Connor did.

The biggest letdown here was the Taker-Brock stuff. We got the briefest of glimpses of Taker backstage and I loved the hug with Vince, but they didn't even talk about what caused the injury or Vince going with Taker to the hospital. They went with a surface-level approach to everything and I get why they would do that from a corporate perspective, it did make the special a lot worse than the Mania of WrestleMania/WrestleMania: The Movie this was patterned after.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/01/wwe-24-wrestlemania-30.html

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/x3wu9hds6oknfkj7ugrnasccartfibsf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom