• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan Daily Sales Nov 3rd 05

ziran

i think the whole non-games classification is dumb. imo nintendogs and brain training are as much of a game as ffxii or re4.

i was pointing out how the top games this week are more universal and any-gamer games rather than something that exclusively appeals to the hardcore.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
asobi taisen is not a non game. its basically yahoo games on a cart.

but yeah i think its pretty obvious now that nintendo knows the japanese market better than anyone right now.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Kulock said:
It's amazing to see new franchises and titles tumble within days, yet just near-constant sales of a 20-year-old NES game. Not even enhanced like SMB DX, just... a NES ROM with a bit of tweaking to fit the resolution better. Nostalgia is a powerful tool.

I don't know if it's nostalgia by itself... that explains why Famicom themed systems sell. Super Mario Bros. is still one of better games of the past 20 years, and people enjoy playing it.

Jonnyram

the great divide said:
Are there any impressions/reviews of Daredemo Asobi Taisen out there yet?
No, but I played it a ton at the weekend, and learned how to play a bunch of Japanese games for the first time in my life. I have no fucking clue how to play Shogi though >_<
Babanuki and 7 Narabe are great fun.
The darts control is very random, bowling is a bit easier.
Reversi is as you would expect, but you have to drag and drop the counters, and that has a nice feel to it.

There's plenty of AI settings for single players, but I think the main audience is multi-players over the holiday season.

cvxfreak

Super Mario Bros. DX wasn't actually available to the Japanese general public. Only through a special thingy.

I'm fairly sure Japanese gamers lucky to get their hands on it said "WTF" when they only saw some SMB2 levels in it. :lol

That said, I'm sure that's why the Famicom mini one was so successful for a long time. And DX sold around 2 Million in the US.

cvxfreak

Would be very interesting if Otona no DS Golf can outsell Minna Portable. Golf is something the PSP's done better so far.

fresquito

CVXFREAK said:
Would be very interesting if Otona no DS Golf can outsell Minna Portable. Golf is something the PSP's done better so far.
I don´t think this is likely to happen. Minna is a established franchise and was a launch game (as far as I know).

Chrono

Banned
This 'non-game' BS is so annoying. Other people enjoy games that don't fit your tastes, don't buy those and shut the fuck up. It's getting worse than the insecure retards whining about 'teh kiddy' in games they're not going to buy.

Meier said:
Or even better: calling something with chess, cards, go, bowling, etc. a "non-game."

:lol :lol

ziran

Monday Nov 7th 05

1 NDS Daredemo Asobi Taisen (Nintendo) Nov 3rd 05
2 PS2 Daito Giken Koushiki Pachi-Slot Simulator Banchou (Daito) Nov 2nd 05
3 NDS Nou wo Kitaeru Otona no DS Training (Nintendo) May 19th 05
4 PSP Brain Power Trainer Portable (Sega) Oct 20th 05
5 NDS Yawaraka Atamajuku (Nintendo) June 30th 05
6 GBA Famicom Mini: Super Mario Brothers (Nintendo) Sept 13th 05
7 NDS Tamagotchi (Bandai) Sept 15th 2005
8 PS2 Wanda and the Colossus (SCE) Oct 27th 05
9 NDS Pokémon Torouze (Nintendo) Oct 20th 05
10 PS2 Dragonball Z Sparking! (Bandai) Oct 6th 05
11 PS2 Hisshou Pachinko Kouryoku Vol. 1: CR Shinseiki Evangelion (D3) Oct 20th 05
12 NDS Super Princess Peach (Nintendo) Oct 20th 05
13 NGC Totsugeki! Famicom Wars (Nintendo) Oct 27th 05
14 PS2 Beatdown: Fists of Vengeance (Capcom) Nov 2nd 05
15 PS2 World Soccer Winning Eleven 9 (Konami) Aug 4th 05
16 NDS JUMP SUPER STARS (Nintendo) Aug 8th 05
17 PS2 Minna no Golf 4 [The Best] (SCE) Nov 2nd 05
18 PS2 Kousoku Kidou Tai - World Super Police (Jaleco) Nov 3rd 05
19 GBA Mushi King (Sega) June 23rd 05
20 GBA Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX (Konami) Oct 13th 05

Does anyone know if Daredemo Asobi Taisen is playable if you don't know any Japanese?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I don't think Japan is as much into this "non-game" craze as they are into a "cheap-game" craze.

Console games are too expensive, and handheld prices are rising.

Hence massive "pick-up-at-counter" sales of budget handheld titles! ha

Thomper

ziran said:
Monday Nov 7th 05
Does anyone know if Daredemo Asobi Taisen is playable if you don't know any Japanese?
I guess that, if you know the rules of the game, you won't have any difficulty. Some cardgames might be harder, but a little bit of practice might help this.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
World soccer winning eleventh 9 for the PSP is number 19. O_O

PSP am comeback.
:lol

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
I think PSP numbers will be pretty good this week. Sales seem to have dipped with the _possible_ exception being that game collection.

Doogdogg

elostyle said:

3 NDS Takashi Tohoku University future technology collaborative research center Kawasima thickly forges the professor supervision brain DS training Nintendo Co. ETC 2005/5/19
4 PSP Takashi Tohoku University future technology collaborative research center Kawasima it is thick professor supervision brain power trainer portable Sega ETC 2005/10/20

monkeyrun

Dark Dragon said:
3 NDS Takashi Tohoku University future technology collaborative research center Kawasima thickly forges the professor supervision brain DS training Nintendo Co. ETC 2005/5/19
4 PSP Takashi Tohoku University future technology collaborative research center Kawasima it is thick professor supervision brain power trainer portable Sega ETC 2005/10/20

:lol :lol Sega's like damn .....

heidern

ziran said:
1 NDS Daredemo Asobi Taisen (Nintendo) Nov 3rd 05
2 PS2 Daito Pachi-Slot Simulator (Daito) Nov 2nd 05
3 NDS Brain Training (Nintendo) May 19th 05
4 PSP Brain Power Training (Sega) Oct 20th 05
5 NDS Gentle Brain Training (Nintendo) June 30th 05
6 GBA Famicom Mini: Super Mario Brothers (Nintendo) Sept 13th 05
7 NDS Tamagotchi: Corner Shop (Bandai) Sept 15th 2005
8 PS2 Wanda and the Colossus (SCE) Oct 27th 05
9 NDS Pokémon Torouze (Nintendo) Oct 20th 05

:lol :lol :lol

Sorry, but this chart is just absolutely crying out for a Drinky Crow summary. Crying out like his avatar.

Top Bottom