• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan is not happy with Assassin's Creed: Shadows

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManaByte

Gold Member
l4rjm3h6nn0d1.png

Oh, Ubi
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Edit: More

Ubisoft are culture appropiation-pilled black man-maxxers.

Z3TnTGm.jpeg

6h98uSs.jpeg

FOxxwob.jpeg

a few YouTube ones as tip:

7MCHYRF.jpeg

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
Would you settle for
Wka0QxZ.jpeg

There is a big difference.
Nioh is made by Japanese, so they get to choose who they place as the main character in a game set in Japan.
AC: Shadows is made by Europeans, choosing a black man to be the main character in a game set in Japan.
It's what the woke crowd would call cultural appropriation.
But because Asians are now considered white-adjacent, it's ok to be racist against them.

Asian people are white adjacent, don't they know that? They need to check their privilege and make room for the real minorities.

I'm clearly being sarcastic, but I remember reading some asshole made a comment about asians being white adjacent.
This is actually how Asians are treated in the West. We're too economically successful and violate the typical narratives about minorities and so we have been treated as basically the same as whites to preserve the narratives. This is why the Supreme Court had to take on a case where Harvard was sued which resulted in affirmative action for college admissions being struck down nationwide.

So you make an AC game in Japan and instead of a Japanese samurai, you choose exactly the ONE example of one with an African background. Could have just been an interesting NPC or something, but NOOOO they had to go full woke.
This is the same Ubisoft that made a Prince of Persia game that also starred a black man, because didn't you know there were so many black people in ancient Persia LMAO

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Gold Member
There is a big difference.
Nioh is made by Japanese, so they get to choose who they place as the main character in a game set in Japan.
AC: Shadows is made by Europeans, choosing a black man to be the main character in a game set in Japan.
It's what the woke crowd would call cultural appropriation.
But because Asians are now considered white-adjacent, it's ok to be racist against them.
And nioh is a 100% fantasy monster/demon filled game .... the tried equivalence is close to none. The Pc warrior should try better

winjer

Gold Member
All 3 Japanese people who would have bought Assassins Creed in Japan are totally up in arms.

What the fuck is UBI going to do knowing instead of 10 million units they are gonna sell nine million nine hundred ninety-nine thousand nine hundred ninety-seven.

woe-is-me-whoa-is-me.gif

Imagine switching the roles in that argument. Saying that there is no reason to include black people, because no one in Africa buys games.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
I can't decide if we're in the best or worst timeline..

Obviously all this agenda driven shit is awful on every level, detrimental to art and creativity, but, it brings such good content and funny drama, that's better than the shitty products these companies fart out :unsure:

It seems it is purely in itself made for entertainment.

Pissing off the majority of Japanese players in a game about their own culture? Only Ubi can pull this off.

Then again, considering who the lead writer is, I'm not surprised:

And even with all this bullshit, the purple forum is still complaining:

5GFWsMu.png

A daily reminder that these people will never be happy, no matter what. Stop catering to the mentally ill.
It's not clear why Ubisoft decided to make an AssCreed game set in Japan in the first place, considering that we are currently drowning in open world games set in Japan and nobody asked for an AssCreed game there after both Ghost of Tsushima and Rise of the Ronin have already been released and both are good games which star an actual Japanese protagonist in feudal Japan

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
And even with all this bullshit, the purple forum is still complaining:

5GFWsMu.png

A daily reminder that these people will never be happy, no matter what. Stop catering to the mentally ill.
I wonder what those people have in their heads when every videogame makes them go "ok but what about the romances and sex orientation uh?".

GudOlRub

When RE5 came out so many people lost their shit due to a black woman and a white man teaming up to kill black people/zombies, they even updated the game to add white enemies ffs.
But now when the same argument gets turned against a black man teaming up with an asian woman to kill asians, it's suddenly racist to complain about it... these culture wars suck so goddamn much

1554501686758.jpg

Portugeezer

People have been asking for a Japanese set AC game, and we get it finally, but only if it could be about an African person.

Anyway, when you think about it, this should ease the racism concerns for the remake of RE5. So it's not all bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom