• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan Nintendo 3DS software release dates + game screens

Wazzim

Banned
perfectchaos007 said:
yep, just like Mario 64DS was. Funny how this is the second gen of handhelds from Nintendo that will try to sell the system with an N64 title.
It's not funny, it's sad.

EmCeeGramr said:
I don't understand why otherwise reasonable people seem so interested in buying Ridge Racer, again. How many times can Scamco sell you the exact same game before you stop.
if they sold me R4 again i would buy it, the others not so much

onken

That is such an insanely awesome line-up it's not even funny. Still waiting for the revision though, I reckon. These games will all be dirt cheap by then.

Scuba Steve said:
What a nice list

You quoted that entire pile of images just to add that?

CruxisMana said:
Yeah. I'm hoping against hope that Namco will take this an opportunity to release Tales of the Abyss in Europe for the first time.

Not that they will...

Yeah the game deserves to be played by Europeans (i live in Europe too), I luckily got to play through it myself. I am willing to buy the port as its a solid game (despite backtracking).

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Why would you do that? said:
I usually agree, but in this instance, it's nice to have the images for the new page. You know, since I'm too lazy to go to the first page. :(

People like you are why I hate browsing GAF on my phone. :(

Wait, TotA was never released in Europe? That's sad...

However, I have some hope for TotA 3D to make it in the West. 1, Tales of Eternia's port was released on the PSP in Europe (but not in America because of Sony). 2, launch window opportunity. 3, Namco said they want to sell much more of their Japanese games in the West. They can't do that if they don't release their games here.

Regulus Tera said:
People like you are why I hate browsing GAF on my phone. :(
I hate browsing GAF on my phone, too. Now I know it's all my fault. :(
lol

Come to think of it, my phone's Internet is so slow, it's faster to view quoted info than to go to another page. That's kinda sad...

BowieZ

Banned
My probable pick-ups in order of interest:

Super Mario 3DS :D
Paper Mario 3DS
Mario Kart 3DS
Ocarina of Time 3D
nintendogs + cats
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Steel Diver
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (depending on price of 3DS)
Rayman Origins (probably a downloadable episodic title?)

DS titles - backward compatibility - in order of interest:

Mario Kart DS
Professor Layton and Pandora's Box
Professor Layton and the Curious Village
Professor Layton and the Lost Future
Professor Layton and the Flute of Malevolent Destiny
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
New Super Mario Bros.
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Super Mario 64 DS

All in all, with most of these games averaging about AU$65, that would be about $1600 including the 3DS to keep me going for a couple years.

FUCK.

boyshine

My vote for most improved since first reveal definitely goes to Ridge Racer 3D.

The first screens made it look like a slightly enhanced DS-port, now it actually looks good.

ridge-racer-3ds-20100615055030542.jpg

iX2f83NHFD26uigbjRlQ2IRrKZxxE3t1.jpg

Celine

LiquidMetal14 said:
Pretty weak launch. RR3D is all I want.
It's not that weak if you consider past japanese launch lineup for handhelds.

PSP:
* Armored Core: Formula Front (From Software)
* Mahjong Fight Club (Konami)
* Minna no Golf Portable (SCE)
* Lumines (Bandai)* Ridge Racers (Namco)
* Vampire Chronicle: The Chaos Tower (Capcom)

DS:
* Daigasso! Band Brothers (Nintendo)
* Chokkan Hitofude (Polarium) (Nintendo)
* Cool104 Joker & Setline (Aruze)
* Kimi no Tame Nara Shineru (Sega)
* Kensyūi "Dokuta Tendo" (Spike)
* Mahjong Taikai (Koei)
* Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits (Namco)
* Pokémon Dash (Nintendo)
* Super Mario 64 DS (Nintendo)
* The Urbz: Sims in the City (Electronic Arts)
* WarioWare: Touched! (Nintendo)
* Zoo Keeper (Success)

GBA was a pretty big deal, though.

List from old GameSpot article:

Nintendo first-party games

Kuru Kuru Kururin
Napoleon
F-Zero Advance
Super Mario Advance

Third-party games

Advance GTA
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
Chu Chu Rocket
Dodge Ball Fighters
Dungeondice Monsters
EZ-Talk
Fire Pro Wrestling
Golf Master: JGT
I Am An Air Traffic Controller
J-League Pocket
Momotaro Matsuri
Monster Guardians
Mr. Driller 2
Pinobee
Power Pro-Kun Pocket Baseball 3
Rockman EXE
Silent Hill
Top Gear GT Championship
Tweety's and the Magical Jewel
Wai Wai Racing Adventure
Winning Post

A good 10 of those never showed up on the sales charts, though, as my Garaph search for GBA launch releases only brought 15 results.

Only interested in Paper Mario, because the first two (Super was a hate crime so I'm pretending it never existed) are pretty much the greatest RPGs of all time. So this is going to make it quite easy to just wait for the 3DS Lite or whatever they will call the second iteration and scoop it up then.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
JoshuaJSlone said:
GBA was a pretty big deal, though.

List from old GameSpot article:

All that list did is remind me that this generation of Nintendo systems is still without an F-Zero.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Ridge Racer certainly could look better, the Car's look pretty arse but the game runs smooth and is fun to play.

EatChildren said:
All that list did is remind me that this generation of Nintendo systems is still without an F-Zero.

Oh god I hope they don't take the 64 version and port it to 3DS. Just make a new fucking game instead of ports...

WTF Chocobo uses cards like in those stupid games on DS? c.c

Spiegel

RR does look better now but it's still missing things like the reflections when the car passes through the tunnel. That was one nice detail I loved from the psp games.

Jetku

from the other thread:

FINALFANTASYDOG said:
The 1st month Launch line-up for 3ds is up! 24 games, from what I can find seems to be one of the largest(in terms of numbers) one month out launch line-ups in Japan.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/software/spring2011.html

Although Looking through the list of what was changed, besides the baseball games, Steel Diver(thanks to Nintendo publishing) and perhapses Naruto/Gundam can't imagine any of this stuff actually selling in Japan.

Many games now seem to have a March date in Japan. And Rabbids has a full retail price point.

i'll get street fighter, ridge racer and winning eleven on launch day, which is a pretty solid meat-and-potatoes selection. certainly better than the original DS, when i got mario 64, warioware and project rub...

PSP in europe had an amazing launch line-up, though, with ridge racer, lumines, virtua tennis, wipeout, metal gear acid, everybody's golf etc on day one. 3DS doesn't beat that, though by the time it gets round to launching in europe maybe it will? it'll be the first time i've been in japan for an actual system launch, i'm not used to being bleeding edge.

Top Bottom