• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

- Japan Time! The Official Phantom Hourglass (JP) Thread

Amir0x

Banned
SantaC said:
I sadly think Nintendo might be done with the sailing/wind waker stuff now. I'd love to see it on Wii also, but they have used the same theme 2 times now.

Well they wouldn't HAVE to have sailing of course. I hope they're not done, or at least I hope they decide to go stylized cel-shading for the next Wii game. Majora Mask art shading as alternative, then.

ant1532

Banned
Amir0x said:
oh that makes it painful, Wind Waker 3 for Wii plz :(
If they don't go back to that art style or try something new I'll be disappointed. Or just wait for another realistic Zelda till WiiHD.

Sailing>Horse.(NOT King of Red Lions over Epona though)

SantaC

Amir0x said:
Well they wouldn't HAVE to have sailing of course. I hope they're not done, or at least I hope they decide to go stylized cel-shading for the next Wii game. Majora Mask art shading as alternative, then.

I am hoping for cel-shading as well...

Sailing>Horse.

yup I barley used the horse in TP.

It's still bullshit that we have to wait till December for an english version

Amir0x

Banned
ant1532 said:
If they don't go back to that art style or try something new I'll be disappointed. Or just wait for another realistic Zelda till WiiHD.

Sailing>Horse.(NOT King of Red Lions over Epona though)

Heh. I like horse more than sailing, generally speaking, but I love the Wind Waker style about a billion times more than that 'realistic' style or whatever they went for in Twilight Princess. This game is like a cocktease... it tries so hard for the little DS, but for obvious reasons cannot deliver even close to the awesome of the GCN game style. Now it makes me want a new cel-shaded Zelda for Wii so bad.

Like you, I don't mind if they try something new, but make it as hyperstylized please!

I'm trying to think of some other form of transportation that'd fit Zelda, that would also be a pretty big departure for the series while still fitting the universe. But I can't really think of any... unless Zelda just got, like, fairy wings tool.

SantaC said:
I sadly think Nintendo might be done with the sailing/wind waker stuff now. I'd love to see it on Wii also, but they have used the same theme 2 times now.

I hope they keep sailing, but not have it be the biggest part of the game, like almost make the game map like that old Zelda 1+2 map and let you sail between areas.

map_h2.jpg

I cant wait to just see how big the world will be in Phantom Hourglass, I spent a lot of time just sailing around random areas in Wind Waker.

and yeah, the next Zelda on Wii will hopefully be something that would be a big surprise since it will be full on made for the Wii, and I do hope it is cell shaded, but the style is more realistic, almost like the art for LA or LTTP.

ant1532

Banned
My favorite thing in any Zelda game.

Sailing in Wind Waker. The cell shading, the music, the style, the weather(RAIN WAS HELLA COOL!), the freedom, just mother ****ing everything.

Nothing better than it's puring rain and your in the middle of the ocean sailing and you get out of your boat for a quick dip and a mother ****ing (purple..) shark comes after you!

The only thing I could ask for in a console sequel to Wind Waker would be to let you dive in the water. That would be HELLA sick.

Oh yeah, and Wind Waker is the best Pirate game ever. And if you can't tell by now I'm obsessed with the ocean.(check avatar)

Chinner

Banned
Has Nintendo made any kind of indication when this will come out in America? I'm going to have to import either way but if I'm going to have to wait 2-3 months I'd just import a JPN version and use some translation guide or somethin.

Amir0x

Banned
Chinner said:
Has Nintendo made any kind of indication when this will come out in America? I'm going to have to import either way but if I'm going to have to wait 2-3 months I'd just import a JPN version and use some translation guide or somethin.

This December.

Amir0x

Banned
Wait maybe it's October, I was just reading this thread and I could have sworn people kept repeating December :lol

But i guess not!

ant1532

Banned
Amir0x said:
Wait maybe it's October, I was just reading this thread and I could have sworn people kept repeating December :lol

But i guess not!

Damn Nintendo. Hmmm... I was just thinking of all the games I have to play that I own and DS games keep on coming in the way of me even touching them :( (playing Phoenix Wright now for the first time)

I think I might just hold out. Maybe....

Amir0x

Banned
Maybe you're right, I honestly don't know. Maybe it's just Q4 2007 atm and people are just inserting months on it.

Amir0x said:

But i guess not!

last I heard it was september, but that was from someone in EBgames, and chances are that is wrong.

I question why im importing this game too, I just caught up on my PSP games ive held off on because of a trip, but I still have a few games I need to finish/play.

ant1532 said:
Oh yeah, and Wind Waker is the best Pirate game ever.

best sailing game? maybe, but the ship-to-ship combat in Sea Dogs 2 is just too awesome. If only they could mix the sailing of Wind Waker, ship combat of Sea Dogs, actual Pirate atmosphere of Sid Meier's Pirates, and combat of a game I cant remember right now, that would be amazing.

Chinner

Banned
October, Decemeber. It's too long to wait. I want to return to the world of WW and I'm not letting some language barrier stop me! Even though I'm just some punk Junior you guys will be there to give advice, right?

Still, I hope they're more experimental with the sea this time (although I'm somewhat doubtful due to the technological limitations), I'd love to see huge waves and more special events. Like you're sailing and then a huge storm shipwrecks you and waken on a lost island with inhabitants, you'd have to find your stuff, and in the process you find the item you were looking for. Okay, reading that through that sounds like Link's Awakening but that game was badass.

Ramenman

ant1532 said:
My favorite thing in any Zelda game.

Sailing in Wind Waker. The cell shading, the music, the style, the weather(RAIN WAS HELLA COOL!), the freedom, just mother ****ing everything.

OH YEAH. And exploration. You forgot exploration. Just randomly sailing to an untitled square on your map. Seriously, discovering Islands that are all different and all have a particularity (hell some are just floating puzzles...) and "explore" it. That's soooo great.

And the submarines and other random things you can see when sailing.

And real time weather change. That's nextgen before its time, baby.

ant1532

Banned
Ramenman said:
OH YEAH. And exploration. You forgot exploration. Just randomly sailing to an untitled square on your map. Seriously, discovering Islands that are all different and all have a particularity (hell some are just floating puzzles...) and "explore" it. That's soooo great.

And the submarines and other random things you can see when sailing.

And real time weather change. That's nextgen before its time, baby.
**** yeah. Nothing better than getting a map from Tingle and finding new islands and puzzles. What a game. Too bad the dungeons didn't live up to the rest :(

Jammy

Banned
Grecco said:
You need something to push DS hardware this Christmass.

Are you talking about the same DS everybody else is talking about? The DS could sell a couple million this Christmas with no releases at all.

ant1532

Banned
Kobun Heat said:
ding

And seriously, Q4? F that in the A. This is one more Zelda game I won't be playing in English.
Thought so. But I could have sworn there was a press release released during some event where it had a month date... Might just be mistaken, ah well.

Ramenman

I wonder one thing.

People who played Wind Waker JAP without knowing Japanese, did you play it again in english ?

Didn't you feel like you were maybe missing something story wise ?

I know the story isn't that complex (it's really not), but I wonder if not understanding what the characters say is disturbing.

ant1532

Banned
Ramenman said:
I wonder one thing.

People who played Wind Waker JAP without knowing Japanese, did you play it again in english ?

I know the story isn't that complex (it's really not), but I wonder if not understanding what the characters say is disturbing.
I played through both, Japanese first.(And don't read it)

But I used a translation guide during the cut scenes.

Ramenman said:
I wonder one thing.

I missed out on a lot of the detailed sub-plots, but I mean, I got the main story pretty well without understanding a word of it. Four Swords Adventures and The Minish Cap, oddly, lost the most, so when I played it again in English, a lot more stuff made sense than when I did this with The Wind Waker. I actually prefer it this way because I do like knowing all the details of the stories in Zelda games, so I will play the Japanese version first, and then I still have a huge desire to play through the English version to learn more. It is kinda annoying not knowing what is being said, but hey - you can make up your own story as you go along, heh.

TSA said:
It is kinda annoying not knowing what is being said, but hey - you can make up your own story as you go along, heh.

Phantom Hourglass is going to be about Samus who got a sex change and went back in time, this is going to be the best Metroid game ever.

GeoramA

This game just sold me on a DS. I was on the fence for a while but Phantom Hourglass just looks too awesome.

Plus I absolutely loved WW, even more than TP.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
SantaC said:
they should had localized this game the same way they did with Zelda TP...I see no reason for the most popular Zelda market to wait several months for this game.

Well, I would assume it's because a 1) handheld game, and 2) It's of a style that most NA Zelda fans didn't find appealing. So it's understandable.

However, all the way til ****ing December? That's more unexpected. How long did it take for Minish Cap to come out here after the Japanese release?

With The Minish Cap, it was awesome to see the differences in the three versions. I actually think the reason Phantom Hourglass is coming out in Japan first is to get major feedback and then maybe do something about it for Western audiences. As in, I think Nintendo may have something in Phantom Hourglass they're not sure will work as well yet...so they test it on the weakest market? We'll see.

In Ninty's going to hold it back for 4-5 months, despite the localization probably already being finished (Zelda games for the last decade have had concurrent-ish releases, no?), is there any hope that we might get a non-stylus control option?

RTS Zelda means very little to me.

ksamedi

HyperZone<3 said:
In Ninty's going to hold it back for 4-5 months, despite the localization probably already being finished (Zelda games for the last decade have had concurrent-ish releases, no?), is there any hope that we might get a non-stylus control option?

RTS Zelda means very little to me.

Stylus only, and its not an RTS.

ksamedi said:
Its coming to Europe in September and US in December.

Source?

I mean...I can't speak up one way or the other unless somebody's made certain info public. So a source would be great. If it's anonymous...still staying as TBA/TBD.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
ksamedi said:
Its coming to Europe in September and US in December.

WHAT THE ****, AGAIN? The only thing that mitigated Minish Cap's late, late US release, is that it didn't feature the stupid bugs of the Euro version. I think some of the translation was cleaned up, too.

ksamedi

TSA said:
Source?

I mean...I can't speak up one way or the other unless somebody's made certain info public. So a source would be great. If it's anonymous...still staying as TBA/TBD.

You fell for it :lol

Seriously though, expect this game to hit soon after the Japanese one. It seems Nintendo is thinking more globally these days. I hope they do the same for Europe. Either that or release some other big DS game here first.

ksamedi said:
You fell for it :lol

Seriously though, expect this game to hit soon after the Japanese one. It seems Nintendo is thinking more globally these days. I hope they do the same for Europe. Either that or release some other big DS game here first.

Ah...heheh...got it now. That's what I get for looking at multiple threads at once and not focusing! Will Europe get Phantom Hourglass before US? Rabble, rabble, rabble.

Lee N

Membre
TSA said:
Will Europe get Phantom Hourglass before US? Rabble, rabble, rabble.
I very much doubt it, only reason they released Minish Cap in EUR before US was that they wanted to focus sales on the Nintendo DS back in 04.

rdellw

TSA said:
Means...it was accepted...my order has been like that for awhile now.
Ah, does that mean its close to being shipped or something? Cause i preordered using credit card and now its not letting me change my payment details? Or i'm probably just being stupid, heh x_X

ant1532

Banned
rdellw said:
Ah, does that mean its close to being shipped or something? Cause i preordered using credit card and now its not letting me change my payment details? Or i'm probably just being stupid, heh x_X
It just accepted your credit card and the money was transfered and now the order is done. Thats it lol. The game ships when they get it in. (June 23)

rdellw

ant1532 said:
It just accepted your credit card and the money was transfered and now the order is done. Thats it lol. The game ships when they get it in. (June 23)
Ah cool, i just thought that they diden't charge your card till they ship the game. =P

Lee N

Membre
rdellw said:
Ah cool, i just thought that they diden't charge your card till they ship the game. =P
They don't.. "order received" just means that they have received your order (duh), I just placed an order myself and that's what it says for me.

Yeah, I e-mailed them because now it says it will ship on or before June 25th...so I wanted to make sure since I pre-ordered it like 10 mins after they listed it, I would be getting it as soon as possible.

Of course, they give the standard "it's a pre-order, we don't know inventory yet, first-come, first-serve basis" response.

SantaC

anyone know how big the cart size of this game is. Could it be as big as 512MB? (4Gbit)

I'd say this is the best looking DS game so I'd guess they crammed a bit into the cart.

Haunted

TSA said:
Sorry for double post but this is a meaningful bump.
Man, how could you double post? Don't you know t...
TSA said:
ooooooh. :D

very nice. I couldn't be more hyped at this point in time. Dare i say it? this is my most anticipated DS game at the moment.

SantaC - considering that the biggest DS games are 128MB so far (even games like FFIII, Revenant Wings, Lunar Knights etc.), 512 MB seems far-fetched, even for a proper 3D Zelda game.

Top Bottom