• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

MiTYH

Valiant Force seems to have been delayed for much later this year.
I know some GAFers were waiting for it.

Yeah, I was one. Looks like this was their "big announcement". Here it is from their FB page:

Hello to all fans,
As promised, here is an update regarding the launch of Valiant Force
XII Braves is proud to announce that we have recently entered a global partnership with an established leader in the gaming industry to launch Valiant Force. More details of this dynamic partnership will be revealed in due course.
In order to build the dream strategy RPG which the team envisioned, it is with a heavy heart that we are moving the launch for Valiant Force from Q1 2016 to a later date.
With the additional development time, we will bring Valiant Force to even greater heights. At launch, many exciting features will be added, including Guilds, Player vs Player modes, Season Tournament system, and more to enhance the game experience for everyone.
As XII Braves' flagship game, Valiant Force is a project which holds dear to our hearts and we know the community wants to find out more about the game.
Our social media channels, such as Facebook and Instagram, will be updated on a regular basis with new information about Valiant Force's many features, so stay tuned!
Thank you all again for the support and enthusiasm!

XII Braves is proud to announce that we have recently entered a global partnership with an established leader in the gaming industry to launch Valiant Force. More details of this dynamic partnership will be revealed in due course.

Why wouldn't they say this if it's such a good partnership?

Inb4 Gumi

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Pre-reg for Yugioh started (jp)
logo.png

http://www.konami.jp/yugioh/duel_links/

MiTYH

Also it looks like Digimon: Linkz has been released in Japan. Honestly, this looks like an amazing game graphically, so I'm excited to try it.

Someone on reddit is answering questions as people have them: https://www.reddit.com/r/digimon/comments/4bru9t/answering_any_questions_about_linkz/

EDIT: Downloaded, looking sweet! starts off with 83 gem-stones for downloading, gameplay for battles is a lot like the PS4/vita game Cyber Slueth. Comes with Veemon and another digimon.

Dandte

Also it looks like Digimon: Linkz has been released in Japan. Honestly, this looks like an amazing game graphically, so I'm excited to try it.

Someone on reddit is answering questions as people have them: https://www.reddit.com/r/digimon/comments/4bru9t/answering_any_questions_about_linkz/

EDIT: Downloaded, looking sweet! starts off with 83 gem-stones for downloading, gameplay for battles is a lot like the PS4/vita game Cyber Slueth. Comes with Veemon and another digimon.

Game is awesome so far...only problem is, that it has 0 content :/ only area battles and and daily for dihivolving. no special bosses, events or anything else. but it is digimon. I have my greymon, gatomon and leomon <3

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Game is awesome so far...only problem is, that it has 0 content :/ only area battles and and daily for dihivolving. no special bosses, events or anything else. but it is digimon. I have my greymon, gatomon and leomon <3
I hate that it takes 1.7 gigs :/

In other news, DMM's newer games seem to actually run well on ios now.

Kitoro

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius english version rumors
https://twitter.com/Nerd_Leaks/status/714760909080686602

As a huge fan of Brave Frontier, I was unbelievably hyped for this game, but the lag from the Japanese release to now, and the complete lull in buzz shortly after it released there made me lose interest entirely in the game.

There was a thread from when it launched in Japan, but it died fast, and no one uttered a peep of it again. Did it end up sucking?

Visceir

As a huge fan of Brave Frontier, I was unbelievably hyped for this game, but the lag from the Japanese release to now, and the complete lull in buzz shortly after it released there made me lose interest entirely in the game.

There was a thread from when it launched in Japan, but it died fast, and no one uttered a peep of it again. Did it end up sucking?

It has been my main mobile game since it launched. It has been getting new character/content updates every 2 weeks and recently when Lightning got added it topped the app charts, I think.

Game has been really enjoyable and with high production values. They go in hard with the FF fanservice and nostalgia factor. The current event going on is FF IV based. They recreated the Elemental Archfiends encounter from the original game.
Original Elemental Archfiends battle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5vvZQxFUPs
FFBE version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4fwJFqD1u0

Just a couple days ago it achieved 6 million downloads.

Kitoro

Oh, wow, what a pleasant surprise; glad it's doing well and is a quality game!

Is it as generous as Brave Frontier, or is there a higher paywall?

I ask because I've consistently had meta teams in Brave Frontier, and I haven't spent a dime in a year in a half.

FUCK MY LUCK!

In F/GO I roll for a 4* star I really want... I GET A FUCKING 5*! I don't want this 5*! Why do I have so much luck for these fucking 5*? I get htem all the fucking time, even I don't need them!

Visceir

Oh, wow, what a pleasant surprise; glad it's doing well and is a quality game!

Is it as generous as Brave Frontier, or is there a higher paywall?

I ask because I've consistently had meta teams in Brave Frontier, and I haven't spent a dime in a year in a half.

Never played BF but they've been quite generous with handing out lapis and summon tickets. Usually getting 10+ tickets per month and there's a daily lapis login bonus.

They had a niconico stream today, announced FF Type-0 event along with new story content and Carbuncle summon.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
It has been my main mobile game since it launched. It has been getting new character/content updates every 2 weeks and recently when Lightning got added it topped the app charts, I think.

Game has been really enjoyable and with high production values. They go in hard with the FF fanservice and nostalgia factor. The current event going on is FF IV based. They recreated the Elemental Archfiends encounter from the original game.
Original Elemental Archfiends battle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5vvZQxFUPs
FFBE version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4fwJFqD1u0

Just a couple days ago it achieved 6 million downloads.

Looking forward to playing this. Actually without a gacha game for the first time in years, so I need something new!

MiTYH

So, two new games out/coming out

First is Marvel Avenger Alliance 2. I don't know much about it, but it fits the gatcha qualities of random heroes from a machine. Seems speed-turn based, messing with it now and it looks alright so far

Second, and bigger for me, is Kingdom Hearts Unchained X! It's been out in Japan for what, 7 or 8 months? Finally coming out in English this week! http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/kingdom-hearts-unchained-x-coming-north-america

Lockon

Tried Tales of Link. Game is okay.

Got 5* Luke, 5* Jude, and 5* Cress from beginner gatcha so I'm pretty happy about that. Will play more.

I thought Tales of Link is pretty fun, I put down BLeach for it which seemed kind of dull.

Though Tales of Link school costume or such event is aggravating, I just want the outfits and I used so many crystals and I still dont have a single good costume art :(

MiTYH

Tried Tales of Link. Game is okay.

Got 5* Luke, 5* Jude, and 5* Cress from beginner gatcha so I'm pretty happy about that. Will play more.

Is there an easier way to get the rainbow gems? Currently starting the third "section" and still only at 24/30 needed for the multi pull.

EDIT: Got 5* Cress, 5* Asbel, and a bunch of 4 stars, I haven't played many tales games except Abyss and Zestiria, so there are all new faces for me

MiTYH

First off, found this for the main post, it's the OT for the new kingdom hearts game coming out this week: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1204564

Secondly, I've decided I have waaay too many games I'm playing now that I had to make a second folder for my iphone (I only use the first one so I dont have to scroll). There is:
- One Piece Treasure Cruise. #1 favorite, love the game/manga/everything
- DBZ Dokkan Battle. Actually rerolled a few months ago despite 200+ days, and started with Broly legend. Working my way through it again and it's still fun.
- Puzzle/Dragons. This I've been playing semi-casually. I know enough to be dangerous but not enough to be good, if that makes sense
- Marvel Puzzle Quest. This has taken a hit these past few weeks. I'm mostly doing the daily stuff for covers, I need to find time to get back into at least the PVE.
- Pokemon Shuffle. Maybe not Gatcha specific, but I've mostly been playing weekly for the new events. Need to catch (PUN) up on a lot of main stuff though.

And then the new stuff:
- Granblue Fantasy. I already worked out a slot for this, it'll get most of my attention when English releases next week
- Tales Of Link. I like the Tales series but have only played two of the games. Not sure if this has staying power, but I'm giving it a shot.
- Yokai WibWob. The premise is good and I like the gameplay. Thanks to friends I'm already over 99 lives so there's no real worry. Just don't play as much, don't know the series that well
- Bleach. Fun, and I enjoy it, but my time is being spent on the others. I've never watched/read it, so I read through story mode. Beat Chapter 3 I think? So there's still more to go. When there's TIME! I do still get dailies and do special runs, only thanks to the auto-run feature
- Kingdom Hearts Chi. Fan of the series, I have a feeling this will have staying power when it comes out this week
- Marvel Avenger Alliance 2. Tried this, and it looks interesting but I just haven't messed with it enough yet.

So, yeah, it's a lot. I used to actually have Simpsons Tappedout and Familyguy's game, but I haven't checked in with them in quite some time...

garath

So kingdom hearts unchained tomorrow. Gatcha game? I don't know much about it. I hate rerolling. I bet there will be rerolling. Sigh..

bjork

In Professional Baseball Spirits Ace, I've managed to pull enough dudes with free gems (they're gold flaming baseballs) to get my team rank up from F to D, and I've cleared the two lowest difficulty seasons. It's still super fun, I just wish I had a full grasp over leveling dudes up aside from using them in games. There's some way to skill them up too, but I'm not exactly sure how. I did it once on accident, heh.

In Crows X Worst V, I've cleared all the available story content, but that only puts the story about 40% through the Crows story. Got some decent guys but no 6* guys, so I've been working on the daily evolution material stages to try and get a ton of those. Yesterday I also managed to get a 4* Hanaki Guriko, and he's a pretty good one for that tier.

Too fun, I spend more time on my phone than anything, for games. I never thought I would say that.

Lockon

So kingdom hearts unchained tomorrow. Gatcha game? I don't know much about it. I hate rerolling. I bet there will be rerolling. Sigh..

From reading the OT, there will be no rerolling. You only have to pick a faction that you want to play with friends/Gaffes, and it seem GAF is going Unicorn? Have to check the OT when it's out.

It had like a Canadian soft launch or something but I guess it never went beyond that.

Speaking of which Cranky Food Friends, the reskinned Puyo Puyo Quest, also got killed while in soft launch state

Top Bottom