• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jazz-Hop & Instrumental Hip-Hop |OT| - R.I.P. Nujabes

neoism

Man, Uyama Hiroto and Haruka Nakamura need to collaborate again, because they make some wonderful sounds when they do..
Faure is one of the smoothest jazz-hop songs I've heard...
Meanwhile, Island is one of the most heartfelt.
That, and Uyama Hiroto needs to make another album already!
It's been four years, and his album still remains as one of my favorites.

yeah I loooove stratus one of my fav songs of all time.

IrishNinja

agreed so very hard. I love Uyama Hiroto (great picks, Jaroof! i think i have 81st summer as my ringtone too, haha), wish he'd do another LP as well.

honestly, i know so little about these hydeout guys i adore, its kinda why i keep checking back on the Eternal Soul docu (still no real updates...) in hopes of learning more. most of these dudes barely even have wikis...i'd jump at any chance to see them live, even just substantial & parse rock.

Jaroof

One of my favorite jazz-hop songs has to be Ribbon in the Sea by Uyama Hiroto.. hands down.
But yeah, it seems that after Nujabes died, Hydeout's fallen apart.. :/
I want more from them!
I recently got into Kenmochi Hidefumi's stuff, too. He's really good!

iavi

Hidefumi's my fav member of Hydeout, without a doubt. I actually like his output a tiny bit more than I like Jun's.

Mumei

Jazz-Hop, I love you but really now:

You guys should know A) Don't post links to complete album downloads or even song downloads (even if the links were soon broken or useless) and B) Don't ask where you can download things for free.

IrishNinja

aww, poor jflex..RIP man, my bad for encouraging you. let's try to stick to bandcamp & other streams from here on out, guys!

also yeah, Ribbon in the Sea is right up there with Another Reflection for my personal favorite, they're just so soulful and both can turn my mood completely around, it's amazing.

CRS

Jazz-Hop, I love you but really now:

You guys should know A) Don't post links to complete album downloads or even song downloads (even if the links were soon broken or useless) and B) Don't ask where you can download things for free.

There are albums/songs/music where they're given out for free. Obviously download links for retail albums, digital and physical, are not allowed.

bcote

Neo Member
just recently went to an aesop rock show and before he went on was a guy who called himself edison who went up with basically a 256 button drum machine, he's worth a look into but it gets old quick watching unless you're really into it.

Jaroof

Awww damn it.. I feel partially responsible for the loss of jflex :(

aww, poor jflex..RIP man, my bad for encouraging you. let's try to stick to bandcamp & other streams from here on out, guys!

also yeah, Ribbon in the Sea is right up there with Another Reflection for my personal favorite, they're just so soulful and both can turn my mood completely around, it's amazing.

Ohhh yeah, that's a good one, too!
One more:
I LOOOOVED Prayer from Spiritual State..

Also, I think I'm in the minority, but Spiritual State was my favorite album..
Followed by Metaphorical.

gillty

Banned
welcome sir

yutaka hirasaka - colors
yutaka-hirasaka-colordnj20.jpg

sample: http://soundcloud.com/introducing/yutaka-hirasaka-innocent-blue
itunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/colors/id511163002

I'm looking for some good cratedig-like mixes/compilations (preferably whole songs, without cuts and nonsense) like Gaslamp Killer's It's a Rocky Road.
Anyone got some recommendations?

CRS

Cross post:

565739606-1.jpg

Vanilla - Soft Focus

Upbeat instrumentals here. Nice vocal samples and overall pretty polished.

Highlight: Still Love U

726392782-1.jpg

KYU - The Pressure Drunk EP

A couple more:

3080778089-1.jpg

mikedecline - MOOD SOOP

2064215977-1.jpg

Rob Viktum - Progress 2

Progress 2 is a sequel project to the original Progress album I made to raise awareness to the atrocities the Khmer Rouge cast upon the people of Cambodia. The Cambodian people have a rich collection of music that really inspires me so I created a second album to further the awareness. All the song titles with dates are important time stamps to the history of Cambodia. Do a little research and learn more about Cambodia and how amazing the people to be bouncing back after such a genocide.

Jaroof

Since there haven't been too many updates recently(I check this thread on the daily), I've gotta go ahead and recommend Ronald Jenkees again.
RonaldJenkeesRonald.jpg

I hadn't listened to this guy in quite a while, but I went back and listened to his stuff recently, and man... he's so good!

If you haven't listened to his stuff yet, do yourself a favor and try his music out.
He's still one of my favorite instrumental artists.

Here's his YouTube channel, where he jams out on his keyboards. It shows how he makes his music.

I highly recommend both of his albums.
Here's a link to his albums.

JoeFu

Banned
I hope Marcus D's next album gets kickstarted. He's probably one of my favorite Jazz-hop guys. A whole album using snes samples seriously sounds awesome. He needs 1575 more in 4 days.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Would Pretty Lights fall under this genre category? I've been digging some of the sounds on his "Tha Hot Shit" SiriusXM radio show.

castlegar

Need help finding a track/artist I found in this thread (or Nujabes thread) a year or so ago.

It was in a 'recommended musicians if you like Nujabes' post, and was an instrumental track. I remember the album cover/youtube art was an asian guy's head in on a scroll-sorta background with a raspy texture. Maybe some japanese characters on there somewhere.

The tune was like a hop hop beat with an old asian melody sound overtop. Sorry if that's not much to go on, haven't been able to find the artist or song since.

Thanks for any help!

Jaroof

Need help finding a track/artist I found in this thread (or Nujabes thread) a year or so ago.

It was in a 'recommended musicians if you like Nujabes' post, and was an instrumental track. I remember the album cover/youtube art was an asian guy's head in on a scroll-sorta background with a raspy texture. Maybe some japanese characters on there somewhere.

The tune was like a hop hop beat with an old asian melody sound overtop. Sorry if that's not much to go on, haven't been able to find the artist or song since.

Thanks for any help!

3700187630188.jpg

Chinoiseries by Onra??

Jaroof

Oh yeah...
One more thing I forgot to share with you guys:
No music(for now), but this was posted up on Little People's FaceBook page

New music next week! I'll be releasing 4 track EP as a free download in a few days. Just to keep you all happy before my new album drops later in the year.

And yes it will contain that start shootin'/heart of gold remix some of you have been asking about...

I... am excited!! :D
I love Little People.

IrishNinja

^post some little people stuff, i forget if ive heard them! (sorry, keeping up with the names here is sometimes tough, haha)

Jaroof

Sorry for the double post, but Little People's EP came out!

The only thing is, you have to have a Facebook page already.. and Like his page to get access to it.

Edit: There you go, sorry about that :p

Also.. janroof??

CRS

I think Irish accidentally added the suffix to the beginning of your name, Jaroof-san.

Also, I think Jazz-Hop would get a kick out of this. Been packing up my stuff (moving fucking sucks), and I came across my Samurai Champloo OSTs.

Top Bottom