• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Bridges is in Tron: Ares - FLYNN LIVES!

ManaByte

Gold Member
“I’m heading off this Saturday [to start filming]. It’s wild. Jared Leto is the star of this third one, and I’m really anxious to work with him, and I’ve admired his work.”

166787.gif

wondermega

Actually surprised. I love the first Tron movie & a big fan of Bridges - there's a few ways they can do this and I've honestly made peace that he & Boxleitner would not be in this installment (actually I'm not sure I want them in it?) They are getting up there now. I don't need to see de-aged characters either, it's distracting. Anyway this adds to the interesting story of the film, so as usual I'm keen to stay tuned.

Cautiously.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I just fired up that 360 game Tron:Evolution (I think) and I wonder how much of the Abraxis/virus corruption story they may be recycling for this. Bit janky game for movement but still looks decent.

I hope they get Elijah Wood as at least a cameo, I liked that sadly short lived TV show as well.

Toons

BTW I strongly advice any fan to watch the animated series Tron Uprising it is a brilliant story of how the rebellion against CLUE grows

Pagusas

Elden Member
Can someone point me to a good Jared Leto film? I've only seen him in a few recent films (all comic book) and all were horrible, and not just because of script, but because every moment of him on screen was insufferable. I'd be very curious to see him in a critically or audiance rated "good" performance.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I have absolutely zero hype for this.

First off, I didn't think the second movie was all that great. I love the first movie though.

Besides, this is Disney so you know exactly how this is going to turn out. I don't even have to say that this is going to be made for the "modern audiences" crowd.

Billbofet

Can someone point me to a good Jared Leto film? I've only seen him in a few recent films (all comic book) and all were horrible, and not just because of script, but because every moment of him on screen was insufferable. I'd be very curious to see him in a critically or audiance rated "good" performance.
I like Requiem for a Dream and Switchback, but I don't think it's because of JL.

Griffon

He's in the second Blade Runner movie. He did a pretty good job there as the vilain.

I think it's not so much an issue of acting ability but more an issue of poor choice of projects.

Last edited:

CGNoire

Seems like Hans Zimmer is doing it.

I love Han's work since forever just hope its 80s Han that shows up. Hmmmmm i always felt Daft's score was Synthwave meets Han Zimmers Batman score....I wonder. Interesting for sure.

Edit: hmmm just listened. This seems to be going a different direction :/
"A song for the Web3 generation".....ohhhh fuck off.

Last edited:
Leto is a weirdo but Requiem for a Dream is some real shit. Aronofsky got great performances out of everyone in that movie.
It is a rough movie to watch, especially if you’ve dealt with addiction in your life, but I loved it all the same.

Dev1lXYZ

If there was any movie that would benefit from digital actors, it’s this one. Imagine David Warner’s likeness coming back as the face of the MCP/Sark or a younger version of TRON and Flynn? Of course this would all be on the Grid, not in the real world, so they could even throw in some janky looking faces on purpose for effect.

I’ve been a fan of TRON since I saw it in theaters decades ago. It’s nice that they are showing the IP some love again. I wasn’t the biggest fan of the sequel, but it has a great soundtrack nonetheless.

Last edited:
Top Bottom