• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Tron 3’ Moving Forward with Jared Leto

phaedrus

JunkieXL?
Yas Yes GIF by AIDS-Fondet

Jsisto

Jared Leto definitely has got some kind of dirt on where the Hollywood elite are keeping the child sex slaves that they extract adrenachrome through blood sacrifice from. It’s the only explanation why he keeps getting roles like this.

Joking, obviously.

wondermega

Tron Legacy was just a very okay-ish movie. I'm much prefer the original movie in the early eighties. Tron 2.0 was a better sequel in my opinion.
OG Tron is my favorite movie, saw it in the theater when I was 7 and it totally blew my mind. I went home and typed "Recognizer" into the Notepad of my Atari 400 mostly not expecting anything to happen..

Sequel was definitely much better than it could have wound up, even though I definitely had issues with it - but the audiovisual presentation was spectacular, I cannot argue there.

I'm no fan of Leto but I'll not let that be a reason to condemn this film before it's had a chance to show absolutely ANYTHING off. I think the bigger issue is, do we really need a Tron film made in the current day and age - how can they still make it relevant? AI is in the news basically daily, and everyone lives their lives plugged in, the Metaverse is a looming (and controversial) concept. VR is still quite early, but a lot more mainstream than it was when it "arrived" about a decade ago..

So yes, a Tron movie can absolutely be relevant in 2023. I don't know that I trust Hollywood/Disney to actually craft some particularly compelling narrative against this fertile backdrop, but in the right hands anything is possible I suppose.

Just don't do to Tron what has been done to Star Wars, please Disney. I'd prefer to let the franchise slip away into the void forever, otherwise. I guess we will see how this goes.

OG Tron is my favorite movie, saw it in the theater when I was 7 and it totally blew my mind. I went home and typed "Recognizer" into the Notepad of my Atari 400 mostly not expecting anything to happen..
Like me, you probably grew up on the Tron video games. Remember the arcade game with that stick? I also had an Atari 2600 Tron game that was sort of a platformer.

Edit: it was called Adventures of Tron.

Last edited:
I thought Leto was great in We Crashed & Gucci. Morbius wasn’t too bad, but his Joker needs to go on the fire.

Seen some hate at this announcement on other dark corners of the web, but I don’t get it.

ahtlas7

I thought Leto was great in We Crashed & Gucci. Morbius wasn’t too bad, but his Joker needs to go on the fire.

Seen some hate at this announcement on other dark corners of the web, but I don’t get it.
Wait, he was Joker? Ok, I have seen him act before… ho-hum.

edit, He was Joker in SS, I haven’t seen the first one. I’m ashamed to say I saw the 2nd.
He was in the amazing Fight Club. I don’t recall him though.
And he is from Louisiana so he’s probably cool!

Last edited:

wondermega

Like me, you probably grew up on the Tron video games. Remember the arcade game with that stick? I also had an Atari 2600 Tron game that was sort of a platformer.

Edit: it was called Adventures of Tron.
I never had any of the platforms that the console games appeared on, so never actually saw them. It's pretty cool that they had a home version of the stick however!

The arcade machine (cabinet is absolutely gorgeous!) never did too much to hold my attention. It's cool as classic games from that period go, but I'll never put it in the league as something like Frogger or Dig Dug. The audio is superb however.

The second arcade machine (Discs of Tron) was actually a fair bit more enjoyable, I thought, especially that deluxe environmental unit you could actually step into - felt very futuristic and made the game experience a lot more engaging.

Also I never got to try my hand at the Tron tabletop either! How can I even call myself a Tron fan at this point?

There was an old Intellivision game called Tron: Deadly Discs, and man did I love that game. It was the first game that I played enough to "master."
When I ran into a Discs of Tron in a bowling alley arcade, my little kid mind was blown to pieces.

Top Bottom