• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tron Update: Jared Leto movie still in the works, will be a sequel to Tron Legacy (director search underway)

ManaByte

Gold Member

A couple of months back, our trusted source informed us that a Tron reboot with Jared Leto is still in the works with a director search underway. Now, that is not the most significant update I’ve heard. From what I’ve been told, the film is expected to be more of Tron sequel rather than a reboot, and the cast from Tron: Legacy could return. It is unknown at this time if the film will follow the same story as the canceled third Tron film, Tron: Ascension, which would have seen the machine world of The Grid invade the real world. That was also rumored to have featured a character called Ares.

There was a Disney+ series by John Ridley in the works, that was cancelled in favor of the Jared Leto movie. Now that sounds like it WILL be a sequel to Legacy and follow the Tron 3 storyline.

No word on Daft Punk yet.

I really enjoyed what they did with Tron Legacy, sure bring on more. I don't mind Leto given the right roles, I think the Tron world might actually suit his acting style.

pr0cs

Ugh, I liked Legacy but Leto is such a douchebag, he sucks most of my interest out of the movie

ManaByte

Gold Member
Better have daft punk doing soundtrack....they made that movie

eib spoke about meeting Daft Punk’s manager for preliminary discussions about a third “Tron” feature. “We’re looking at making a ‘Tron 3,’” Leib revealed. “We’ve got a great script. A really phenomenal script that we’re very excited about. Whereas the timing wasn’t right to do it years ago, I think we feel the timing is right, now. We learned a lot of lessons from [‘Tron: Legacy’].”

He added, “The right and first thing to do is to bring Daft Punk back and see if they want to [return]…We don’t even know who will be directing yet. We’re hopeful that Joe Kosinski will come back and do another one…A lot of things gotta fall into the right places…”

on one hand, I would LOVE to have another Tron. sure Legacy isn't the best film out there, but for all it's flaws, it's still a really cool film. and if Daft Punk returns for the OST, it would be worth it for that alone. then again on the other hand, we're talking about Jared "send my co-star dead rat" Leto here. while he's a real looker and can be great in acting, he's pretty much 50/50 in terms of his hit or miss rate for me. but he proves he can be pretty good in a few movies so I'm willing to give it a go. hopefully this will go well and I hope it's not going to be a Disney+ exclusive and actually can see it in theater in its full glory.

ciynwag.jpg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Looking forward to this.

For the music and the aesthetics especially because Tron Legacy had style if nothing else.

carlosrox

Banned
I'm actually a bit turned off Jared Leto.

He comes off pretentious and his reported fucked up antics behind the scenes don't make him any more likeable.

I've somewhat soft canceled him personally.

Top Bottom