• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jared Leto Confirms He's Starring in "TRON: ARES"

ManaByte

If you head to Leto’s Twitter now, you’ll find a lovely but generic message about his excitement, saying simply, “I am so very excited and proud to confirm that YES – I will be starring in TRON. We will work as hard as we possibly can to create something that I hope you all will love. We have some very special ideas in store for you all…” But that ain’t what he originally posted. In a Tweet that’s since been deleted, Leto didn’t just say “TRON.” He said, straight up, “TRON: ARES.” And I have to imagine Disney gave him a quick phone call to say, “Maybe don’t say that just yet.”

I know Tron: Legacy isn't an objectively good film, but I really like that movie. I watch that movie more often than many other, more deserving movies. I'm happy there's more Tron, but I do wonder what way they're going to go with it. Forked code, new mainframe? Revisiting Flynn's arcade?

On a non-important side note, I wonder if Olivia Wilde is going to be back.
dff18ce6ed649c258fc971ca6745b5490c6b3b10fbd4b34fb6c8a9950315b206.jpg

547aa98bbd6e0adcd76252f4ffa5fedd.gif

source.gif

143b7e510a8a9707-.gif

source.gif

GloveSlap

I know Tron: Legacy isn't an objectively good film, but I really like that movie. I watch that movie more often than many other, more deserving movies. I'm happy there's more Tron, but I do wonder what way they're going to go with it. Forked code, new mainframe? Revisiting Flynn's arcade?

On a non-important side note, I wonder if Olivia Wilde is going to be back.
I like it a lot too. The worst part about it is that it was on the verge of being great, but it just doesn't quite live up to its potential. Olivia Wilde was definitely cute as hell.

ZehDon

Gold Member
While Tron never did much for me, Tron Legacy has grown on me a lot over the years. Interested to see where it goes.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Legacy was boring. I wanted to really like it, but not even Daft Punk could save it. I can’t even remember what it was about, just that I was disappointed once it was over.

K1Expwy

Legacy was boring. I wanted to really like it, but not even Daft Punk could save it. I can’t even remember what it was about, just that I was disappointed once it was over.
I still liked the movie, but it wasn't the long-awaited sequel I expected

Jared fucking sucks. Jesus christ. He shouldn't get any roles after that trash Suicide Squad performance.
Yeah, his Joker was bad, but he wasn't terrible in everything. I thought he was good in Blade Runner 2049 and Lord of War. I mean, I don't even think of him as Joker first and foremost. I still think of Fight Club, or Requiem for a Dream, when I think "Jared Leto."

Fbh

Hopefully when he starts sending used condoms to his co stars in this movie he keeps it in-universe and uses those special ones that glow in the dark

Kev Kev

Yeah, his Joker was bad, but he wasn't terrible in everything. I thought he was good in Blade Runner 2049 and Lord of War. I mean, I don't even think of him as Joker first and foremost. I still think of Fight Club, or Requiem for a Dream, when I think "Jared Leto."
agreed. the dude has chops, he just took a bad role. i never even liked to concept of that joker. perhaps someone else could have handled it better but it doesnt make him garbage and the worst actor ever. sheesh people need to lighten up.

it doesnt help that shortly after suicide squad release, and the SJW sect of marvel fanbase fuck boys came out to throw any dirt on him they could, tried to get him cancelled for sleeping with 18 and 19 year old women... lol its like wtf thats fucking legal you pathetic cunt piece of shit :messenger_tears_of_joy: theres nothing to even cancel! but enough people deemed him a pedophile and the damage (lol!) was done. and i think it was that and his joker that landed him in this weird position hes in now where people think hes terrible.

i dont doubt the dude is creepy. you dont have to dig hard to find some weird fucking shit on him, and as a fan of thrity seconds to mars i can confirm hes basically just using that band to slay the hottest pussy youll never get to have. literally has a "Mars Island" event every year and mostly young women show up (read: are selected) on an island with him and his brother (the drummer for thirty seconds to mars) and he walks among them like a god.

dont get me wrong, its awesome! but also weird because you know his ego is so big that hes just eating it up, and he sings a lot about gods, angels and jesus and hes growing his hair long and has facial hair, and kinda looks like jesus now... yeah hes a weird fucker alright

but all of that said, hes not a bad actor and i usually enjoy the movies hes in (even sucide squad is considered one of the best amongst the DC films). im really looking forward to that vampire film hes gonna be in, cant remember the name but it looked dope

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
hahah that is such a bad title.

is it pronounced "Aires?" then why is it not spelled like that? Arse? for real?

half the things these days feels like writers make bets with each other to see what kind of stupid shit they can get away with.

Last edited:

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
hahah that is such a bad title.

is it pronounced "Aires?" then why is it not spelled like that? Arse? for real?

half the things these days feels like writers make bets with each other to see what kind of stupid shit they can get away with.
Ahh ress.

Top Bottom