• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeremy Lin: Asian American, Harvard Grad... NBA great?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is nba gaf purgatory. A thread about an overhyped player on the Knicks.
jordan_piano.jpg

exarkun

Lin looked rattled by the physicality of the sixers, which isn't surprising seeing how they play great defense. The best thing about this game was his (Lin) ability to gather himself in the 4th and play best when it mattered.

He's growing.

Duki

Banned
what exactly are they waiting for with a new thread. what does waiting around actually accomplish

lins gotta make better decisions, that shit at the end where he fouled meeks i think and it led to an and 1 was straight lousy

how can lin be a smart harvard grad but still make the same shitty decisions anyone playing like pick up ball makes

the iggy blown layup btw lmaooooo

Zhengi

This is nba gaf purgatory. A thread about an overhyped player on the Knicks.

Sorry if it bothers you that Asian Americans are celebrating someone of their own race who is succeeding where very few have succeeded.

Just what we need. More of you guys to f up another thread needlessly.

filler

Banned
Sorry if it bothers you that Asian Americans are celebrating someone of their own race who is succeeding where very few have succeeded.

What the hell are you talking about? And where were you when Yao Ming was ballin' with the Rockets?

I like Lin and wouldn't mind seeing him play for my team, but he is overhyped.

Alrix

what exactly are they waiting for with a new thread. what does waiting around actually accomplish

it's to punish the NBA-Gaffers that were being jerks or whatever was happening. I don't understand why they don't just ban whoever was doing that stuff. so much NBA to talk about, no NBA thread. dang. :\

What the hell are you talking about? And where were you when Yao Ming was ballin' with the Rockets?

Yao Ming isn't asian american.

Fari

The person you quoted said nothing about his race.

If you read through the thread you'll see the progression from Lin's amazing 7-10 game stretch, to now, when he has been regressing to the mean. It's a fantastic story, but a glass half empty reaction is just as valid as a glass half full reaction.

People are just giving their takes.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

Speaking as a Asian American myself, I identify alot more with Lin than a foreign born player like Yao.

I do agree that Lin is overhyped tho.

it's to punish the NBA-Gaffers that were being jerks or whatever was happening. I don't understand why they don't just ban whoever was doing that stuff. so much NBA to talk about, no NBA thread. dang. :\

what exactly happened? is there a thread where some of nba gaf started acting like assholes? im tired of discussing the game with my cat since he doesnt talk back :(

? his last few games were pretty solid. hes not all star material yet but its hard to deny that he has a very positive effect on the knicks

DominoKid

because somehow it makes more sense to ban the thread, instead of the people breaking the rules.
its genius really.

Zhengi

I was there when Yao was playing. He's Chinese, but not Asian American.

The person you quoted said nothing about his race.

I know he didn't. I'm just upset that you guys are here shitting up this thread and most likely going to get it locked up. So not only do you guys come in here after NBA Gaf, but now you're talking shit that got your other stupid thread locked up. Yeah, guess we should just accept his shitty attitude.

If you read through the thread you'll see the progression from Lin's amazing 7-10 game stretch, to now, when he has been regressing to the mean. It's a fantastic story, but a glass half empty reaction is just as valid as a glass half full reaction.

People are just giving their takes.

Yeah, he might be, and I've admitted it as much, but I really don't feel like you guys should be here shitting up this thread after yours got locked.

Alrix

what exactly happened? is there a thread where some of nba gaf started acting like assholes? im tired of discussing the game with my cat since he doesnt talk back :(

? his last few games were pretty solid. hes not all star material yet but its hard to deny that he has a very positive effect on the knicks

Idk brah. I'm just a junior. I just read what was the last post in the NBA thread before it was locked, saw a link to said thread in the MLB thread. I didn't think it was that bad.

Yeah jeremy lin is overhyped, but the effect he's had on the knicks wasn't just very positive, it was damn miraculous. our season would be over without him, no question.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
So not only do you guys come in here after NBA Gaf, but now you're talking shit that got your other stupid thread locked up. Yeah, guess we should just accept his shitty attitude.

You guys?

You realize that the dude who just created that last thread hasn't even posted in the NBA threads more than 10 times right?

Shit, shut down the apple thread because dumb fucks like iPads too.

thekad

Banned
Yeah, he might be, and I've admitted it as much, but I really don't feel like you guys should be here shitting up this thread after yours got locked.

...I probably have more posts in this thread than you do.

Yeah jeremy lin is overhyped, but the effect he's had on the knicks wasn't just very positive, it was damn miraculous. our season would be over without him, no question.

Hey, don't give up hope. Your season might still be over.

I think, Devolution birthday thread.

totally missed that but skimming through it doesnt make any sense to close the nba thread. there werent any best-gaf or w/e references either

oh well, i hope it comes back soon

Idk brah. I'm just a junior. I just read what was the last post in the NBA thread before it was locked, saw a link to said thread in the MLB thread. I didn't think it was that bad.

yeah its a headscratcher. no point talking about it, just sounds like an invitation to get banned. just want it back asap i miss knicks age making everyone else angry

Duki

Banned
please stop being so insular, guy

we were literally discussing jeremy lin's performance in todays knickerbocker game, both its highs and lows

that is in no way shitting up this thread

this thread about jeremy lin

I know he didn't. I'm just upset that you guys are here shitting up this thread and most likely going to get it locked up. So not only do you guys come in here after NBA Gaf, but now you're talking shit that got your other stupid thread locked up. Yeah, guess we should just accept his shitty attitude.

You really don't know what you're talking about so just quit while you're ahead.

a majority of nba-age has been posting here before you came along. let's get that one thing straight. ok?

Alrix

totally missed that but skimming through it doesnt make any sense to close the nba thread. there werent any best-gaf or w/e references either

oh well, i hope it comes back soon

This thread is great because we don't need to talk about all those shitty non-knicks teams.

apana

I was impressed by those freethrows cause he made every single one like clockwork and it was crucial to the game. I actually hate these sorts of last minute situations where everyone is fouling just to slow down the clock. Kind of makes the game end in a strange way.

exarkun

Yeah I hate it when these people get in the thread.
Yale alumni are the worst.

True dat, but UPenn is even worse.
Safety school, am i rite?

Also, Lin's relationship with Melo seems to be getting better. More smiles on the court, pats after shots. And his lobbing to him is kind of a sign. Its apparently true he (Lin) ignored him (Melo) towards the end of D'Antoni's reign (per Bill simmons), but I think Melo putting in the extra on the defensive side is really changing Lin's mind.

Lin also has cut down the TO's, he just needs to stay aggressive like the 4th.

I was impressed by those freethrows cause he made every single one like clockwork and it was crucial to the game. I actually hate these sorts of last minute situations where everyone is fouling just to slow down the clock. Kind of makes the game end in a strange way.
Yes, the game was a very physical game in a 90's sort of way. Lin was getting trapped hard and hammered all game, and for the 1st time in awhile it really affected his desire to drive the lane (the Heat game he was still attacking in the 2nd half). It was refreshing to see him adjust in the 4th and really go into attack mode again.

Duki

Banned

he did very well with his freethrows today, and it ended up mattering way more than it should have due to them getting the and1 and then hitting the three and stuff so that was good

i mean the and1 was his fault in the first place but you know

very clutch considering hes sitting on like high 70s ft% for the season i think

masud

Banned
Ive been comming to gaf for over 10 years. I dont just post in the NBA thread just like most of the other people in that thread. I dont understand this, we're not posting anomalously, if some people are acting up then ban them, why lock the thread? And I dont see how NBA-age is any more insular than other large continuous discussions, I dont buy that. Im sorry but this is being handled poorly, if that gets me banned then so be it.

Superman00

Liverpool01

Yep, in the last 5 games, he missed only 1 free throw. He is 29-30 in the last 5 games.

Mothman91

Lin sucked fucking ass in the first 3 quarters. He definitely picks it up in the 4th. 11 points I think? Plus 4 game win streak, future looks bright for the Knicks.

filler

Banned
Ive been comming to gaf for over 10 years. I dont just post in the NBA thread just like most of the other people in that thread. I dont understand this, we're not posting anomalously, if some people are acting up then ban them, why lock the thread? And I dont see how NBA-age is any more insular than other large continuous discussions, I dont buy that. Im sorry but this is being handled poorly, if that gets me banned then so be it.

You are 100% correct.

I get the feeling this is carryover from the james818 stalking incident. How nba gaf wanted to hear his side of the story. I guess evilore didn't like that for whatever reason.

Lin sucked fucking ass in the first 3 quarters. He definitely picks it up in the 4th. 11 points I think? Plus 4 game win streak, future looks bright for the Knicks.

5 games now with the Craptors up again on Friday. Barring a monumental meltdown by the Knicks, it should be 6 and that'll bring them back to .500.

Do you really think he improved his FT% midway through the season. He'll revert back to the mean.
I think what it really shows is that Lin is cool under pressure. I mean we knew that since his first game against the Craptors but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom