• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeremy Lin: Asian American, Harvard Grad... NBA great?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superman00

Liverpool01
Lin sucked fucking ass in the first 3 quarters. He definitely picks it up in the 4th. 11 points I think? Plus 4 game win streak, future looks bright for the Knicks.

He scored 16 of his 18 points in the 4th quarter. This is their 5th game winning streaking now.

Why isn't this thread closed? It's related to the NBA and we all know that NBA-gaf are hostile to others.

Yeah. Apparantly no one got the memo that ALL NBA related discussion is unacceptable due to Lockout 2.0

See what happens when you trade Derek Fisher. :(
Only Jeremy Lin can save this league now and punish all its sinners.

JaskoX1

Banned
This is the stealth NBA thread right? Because I can give a rats ass about some garbage guard in New York.

Liked the way the Cavs came out tonight vs Atlanta. No win but improvement - (being we got blown out every game vs the Hawks.) Would have liked to have seen Luke Walton get some playing time.

This is the stealth NBA thread right? Because I can give a rats ass about some garbage guard in New York.

Liked the way the Cavs came out tonight vs Atlanta. No win but improvement - (being we got blown out every game vs the Hawks.) Would have liked to have seen Luke Walton get some playing time.
This is the Lin thread...please don't talk OT, it'll get locked...

filler

Banned
I wonder if Lin is watching the Lakers vs Mavs game right now. Does he think we'll blow the lead in the 3rd quarter like we always do?

I checked the score during my late-night class and saw he was shooting horrendously with only a few minutes to go, but it's nice to know that he turned it on in the fourth and helped the team pull out a win. I love how aggressive Lin is though, he finishes decently at the rim and our shooters feast on his kick out's too. He does get knocked around alot though, and he often gets caught with nowhere to go to when he gets into the lane though, but I can live with these issues as long as he produces.

Mothman91

Hard to say, Milwaukee is right behind them, and have an easier schedule left. While the Knicks has to play Chicago twice, Orlando twice, Miami, and Atlanta twice.

That's what makes it interesting! If they can get atleast a .500 record against those teams here on out, I say they make it.

Duki

Banned
gaf not locking this thread for fear of being called racists?

?

why does this thread need locking

why does talking about jeremy lin offend you

jeremy lin is a sports story on his own, and deserves a thread because of the separate societal issues he raises

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Lin is pretty good. He turns out to be a better player then I expected him to be after the dust settled (which is now the case).

Why is NBAgaf closed?

filler

Banned
Making clutch freethrows is not stat padding in any way, shape or form. Gotta give props where they're due. He'd be getting the blame for the loss now if he missed them.

Hard to say, Milwaukee is right behind them, and have an easier schedule left. While the Knicks has to play Chicago twice, Orlando twice, Miami, and Atlanta twice.

Even if the Bucks keep punching above their weight, Boston is only two games away and Philly is now three games away.

The Monday game against the Bucks will be crucial.

Superman00

Liverpool01
Making clutch freethrows is not stat padding in any way, shape or form. Gotta give props where they're due. He'd be getting the blame for the loss now if he missed them.

Pretty much, he scored 16 of the 23 points in the 4th quarter. If he would have missed 4, they would have lost.

Sorry padding was a bad word to use. I meant his point total doesn't actually reflect how well he played offensively in the game. He had a pretty poor overall game. He hit his FTs which were needed though, so props to him for that.

Alrix

That's what makes it interesting! If they can get atleast a .500 record against those teams here on out, I say they make it.

Knicks are gonna storm the atlantic and take 4th, Milwaukee will stay hot, Boston slumps and falls out of the playoffs. That happened in my dream the other day so i believe in it.

Man, if (when) we take 4th I just don't wanna play the damn Sixers in the first round. they're so annoying. I'd much rather play atlanta or to a lesser extent, indy.

also lmao at that rex ryan video on the espn halftime show. dude asked rex if there's room for Tim and Lin in NY, and he says "I don't know, I think we're gonna pick up Lin too".

Superman00

Liverpool01
Even if the Bucks keep punching above their weight, Boston is only two games away and Philly is now three games away.

The Monday game against the Bucks will be crucial.

Yeah, Boston have a rough schedule too. They have to play heats 3 times, bulls, hawk, and knicks again.

Gutsy team win! Thanks to my teammates for bailing me out tonight. Time to rest my hands because tyson and amare give the hardest high-fives lol

lol lin has the funniest statuses

---

this is big time. all that remains is a lucrative shoe contract. hes signed with nike though isnt he?

Knicks are gonna storm the atlantic and take 4th, Milwaukee will stay hot, Boston slumps and falls out of the playoffs. That happened in my dream the other day so i believe in it.

Man, if (when) we take 4th I just don't wanna play the damn Sixers in the first round. they're so annoying. I'd much rather play atlanta or to a lesser extent, indy.

also lmao at that rex ryan video on the espn halftime show. dude asked rex if there's room for Tim and Lin in NY, and he says "I don't know, I think we're gonna pick up Lin too".

bucks are on a 6 game winning streak so i hope that shit snaps soon. theyre too close to us for comfort

Knicks D is great now. Amazing what a little effort can do. Lin is doing his thing as usual. Someone mentioned Lin being put on the bench... LOL Mike Woodson would be executed by the Knick's FO.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Yeah, I also want to see the Bucks relax a bit and get off our backs. Hahaha, I'm a bit nervous.

I don't understand Woodson's decision to keep Chandler seated though?

Duki

Banned
Knicks D is great now. Amazing what a little effort can do. Lin is doing his thing as usual. Someone mentioned Lin being put on the bench... LOL Mike Woodson would be executed by the Knick's FO.

lol yea

altho i mean, statistically its actually been fine all year, its just that theyd so egregiously take plays off that even a blind man could see it could be even better

at crucial moments too

but it was the offense that was losing us games tbh, not the d

Alrix

bucks are on a 6 game winning streak so i hope that shit snaps soon. theyre too close to us for comfort

yeah, that's why i think the bucks make the playoffs in the 8 spot. between Knicks, Bucks, Celtics and 76ers, Knicks and Bucks are hot and moving up, Sixers are slumping and Boston has never been THAT good this season plus I think they're slowing down lately too. I mean the Celtics got BLOWN OUT by the Kings the other night. Rondo is still great but I really think Boston blows it, as long as we can tie Philly we can take the atlantic.

masud

Banned
Lin had a great 4th which is all I watched. Melo is talking less shots and playing d, only he could have done that from the start....

A couple of games ago Walt Frazier made a good point about the defense during the broadcast, that before under D'antoni the Knicks were "over rotating", usually leaving them totally out of position most of the time. Now the Knicks are being held more accountable for sticking with their assignments and are making smarter rotations, and for the most part their man to man defense has been great ( Melo has been damn good too ). I remember Woodson actually talking to and benching Fields during a game for what seemed like a bad rotation on defense too; So yeah, some of this has to be accredited to Woodson too.

apana

Even if Lin didn't deserve to start, which I think he does by the way, he probably would because Knicks have an interest in keeping him front and center and playing well.

JaskoX1

Banned
Cavs fans are going to be spitting passive "whatever, we don't care" venom about this sessions stuff.

Well no shit, kinda got this kid by the names of Kyrie Irving. Besides, for once I hope the Lakers win the West. Sessions is a cool cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom