• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jet Set Radio 3 Soundtrack (Fictional Creation)

RaidenZR

So this guy by the name of Dylan Garret made a fictional soundtrack to Jet Set Radio (Future). Said he was inspired by both titles to do so.

Here's the link: http://www.bridgeandcauseway.net/mixes.html

He writes:

"An uptempo mix, posted December 8th 2005. An electronica set inspired by too many hours playing Jet Set Radio and JSRF, it is divided into three unofficial segments: Part 1 (00:00 – 28:00) is Shibuya-cho, part 2 (28:00 – 55:45) is Kogane-cho, which would make part 3 (55:45 – 1:31:20) Benten-cho. Part 1 is sunnier, part 2 is sunset, part 3 is neon-nighttime, you dig? Hope so."

Only problem I have with it is that it's one long .mp3 file. I hate that. Even though on his "playlist" section he has it listed by artist/remixer. Ah well...
I haven't listened to much of it but figured some people would be interested.

Jacobi

Banned
Nice. I thought about doing something like this too. Bookmarked to be downloaded soon

edit : ah I thought that'd be an album

edit2 : Oh it IS 98 MB big

Lee N

Membre
Only, this sounds nothing like Jet Set Radio.

If you're a fan of the music in those games, get the Sonic Rush (for Nintendo DS) soundtrack instead as it's composed by Hideki Naganuma and sounds a whole lot like Jet Set Radio.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
A_Lee_N said:

If you're a fan of the music in those games, get the Sonic Rush soundtrack for Nintendo DS as it's composed by Hideki Naganuma and sounds a whole lot like Jet Set Radio.

i'll check that out too :)

RaidenZR

A_Lee_N said:

If you're a fan of the music in those games, get the Sonic Rush (for Nintendo DS) soundtrack instead as it's composed by Hideki Naganuma and sounds a whole lot like Jet Set Radio.

Yeah, I agree. The Sonic Rush soundtrack is like a portable, spiritual soundtrack sequel to JSR. I say "portable" simply because of the lower quality of the audio.

But at least its pushed someone to be creative and inspired them to do something with their time. Can't fault that.

And because I hate putting stuff in my library without album art I threw this together:

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8048/jetsetradiothree4eu.jpg

A_Lee_N said:

Don't forget the Ollie King soundtrack.

RaidenZR

Zerodoppler said:

Is that available anywhere (game or soundtrack)? I remember way back when the game was announced but have no idea what became of it.

A_Lee_N said:

SOLD!

i'd normally say "this better be good" but i have a feeling that isn't even something i should worried in the least about...

and yeah, the Ollie King OST is awesome

Lee N

Membre
Zerodoppler said:
This is news to me, i'm gonna have to see if I can find the OST somewhere. Thanks.

The Faceless Master said:
i'd normally say "this better be good" but i have a feeling that isn't even something i should worried in the least about...
Hideki Naganuma isn't exactly the first person you would think about as a composer when it comes to Sonic.. but it suits the whole game very well. After I found out about this, I went and bought the game the day after.. and I'm not disappointed.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Bookmarked. I'll take a look at this when I get back from work. Always been a fan of the music in JSR/JGR/JSRF.

Koshiro

TheTrin said:
Bookmarked. I'll take a look at this when I get back from work. Always been a fan of the music in JSR/JGR/JSRF.
Then look elsewhere, this is just nothing like JSR. I have some tracks (western) that are a much better fit, and I aint no DJ.

Drakken

For a second, I thought JSR 3 had been announced. Almost freaked out there. :-/

I love Naganuma's JSRF stuff. I'll have to check out Ollie King.

Dachande

Ollie King's soundtrack is awesome, and includes a few remixes of some of his JSRF stuff. Is linking to OST rips allowed?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Dachande said:
Ollie King's soundtrack is awesome, and includes a few remixes of some of his JSRF stuff. Is linking to OST rips allowed?

i dunno, but i'd love a pm regarding this either way

How many original tracks did Future have? I thought it was mostly Grand Royale artists. The first game had a great soundtrack, I thought 2 was largely miss more than hit, though Birthday Cake was probably the best track out of all of them:)
I'm skipping around on this, if 3 was a largely liscensed afair like I think 2 was, then some of this would fit. I'd rather have original tracks, though.

Top Bottom