• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jet Set Radio HD |OT| Flip The Raps, Flip The Track

drizzle

Axel Hertz
It's disappointing that it seems hard as hell to find official art for both this and JSRF

SegaRetro has some artworks of both Jet Set Radio and Jet Set Future

JetSetPedia has a couple more, but they're low quality and spread on the pages, there's no Central Hub for them.

I've tried gathering some high resolution versions of the covers/some images to come up with a Gum Wallpaper of the De La Jet Set Radio cover art, but I didn't do anything with them. I went ahead and made them available on min.us. Some are bigger than they appear, so just click them for the original size. If anybody comes up with anything cool, or vectorized versions of some of those (which I tried to do but didn't come out good enough), lemme know. :D

Zekes!

SegaRetro has some artworks of both Jet Set Radio and Jet Set Future

JetSetPedia has a couple more, but they're low quality and spread on the pages, there's no Central Hub for them.

I've tried gathering some high resolution versions of the covers/some images to come up with a Gum Wallpaper of the De La Jet Set Radio cover art, but I didn't do anything with them. I went ahead and made them available on min.us. Some are bigger than they appear, so just click them for the original size. If anybody comes up with anything cool, or vectorized versions of some of those (which I tried to do but didn't come out good enough), lemme know. :D

Word, thanks for that man. I've been wanting to make a JSR avatar for a really long time; I might try to do so with one of the images on your minus.

blanco21

Can anyone please give me some tips on the rival battles? I can pretty much Jet/Turbo the regular levels, but the ones where you have to spray 3 gang members while they're running away I can barely clear, if at all. I have a feeling that these type of levels just suck, but I'm hoping I'm mistaken. I don't think I'll ever get a Jet rating on these. Please help ;(

Can anyone please give me some tips on the rival battles? I can pretty much Jet/Turbo the regular levels, but the ones where you have to spray 3 gang members while they're running away I can barely clear, if at all. I have a feeling that these type of levels just suck, but I'm hoping I'm mistaken. I don't think I'll ever get a Jet rating on these. Please help ;(

Yes, those are tough. The first thing is to note where their stopping points are, because they always have one or two of them. These are your biggest opportunities to tag them like crazy. When you get the opportunity, hit that trigger as fast as you can. Catching up to them rarely works, so just be patient, wait for them to stop, and get them as much as you can when the opportunities present themselves.

Skyzard

Banned
Thanks for the links and album drizzle - this poster would be amazing to own (without the stuff on the bottom right, shame about his arm cut off on the left there):

iIfS7k3O5qbey.jpg

So, any of you guys craving a portable version of JSR? 3 more days... (6 in EU :( )

Thanks for the links and album drizzle - this poster would be amazing to own (without the stuff on the bottom right, shame about his arm cut off on the left there):

iIfS7k3O5qbey.jpg

So, any of you guys craving a portable version of JSR? 3 more days... (6 in EU :( )

It's what is keeping me going right now. o.o

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

Looking forward to it! I stopped playing the PS3 version and decided I'd rather wait to play the game again on a portable several weeks back.

Hanmik

Skyzard

Banned
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK...!

................ :(

At least it will be improved on release as opposed to waiting for fixes...but yeah the e3 build looked so good...but it was only one or two levels. Fine. I'm assuming EU gets the delay and then some as well =_=

I'm sorry, but the only thing I can say about the matter is that the team reads what's being commented here on a daily basis and they're aware of everything. For real.

I'm glad to hear they're reading this thread, but don't you think the people who bought this game at least deserve an answer to that question?

This Vita delay is making me want to just forget getting this game now...this is all I've been waiting on for until AC:Liberation and now I figure I'll save the 10 dollars for this and put it towards that instead =/

Skyzard

Banned
There is no way I'm forgetting about JSR. That's what is so maddening :p And having it on the vita (at a steal of a price) is fantastic so..the wait continues I guess.

One thing that actually worries me is something an EU blog guy (one who is usually honest and reliable) said something vague and brief along the lines of the PSvita and PS3 versions not being the same game "sort of" in response to a post asking about the vita 1 month delay (a while back). I'm assuming he wasn't referring to anything obvious....and didn't say anything more on it as it hasn't been mentioned yet?

That would be disappointing (if it was a cut-back version) as it looked fantastic at e3 and basically proven to be do-able...right? They say optimisations..let's just roll with it I guess - probably just paranoid. Don't let me down Sega.. But I am getting pretty sick of vita owners being left in the dark all the time.

Would have been nice to kill the wait for NFSMW though.. (and S&S racing transformed..but at least there is the free open beta for the sony smash bros game today/tomorrow).

Kujo

Shame about the Vita delay, October would have been a good time to release it

Wonder if they're working on porting it to Wii U, with touch graffiti controls or something

Wasted most of the work day reading through most of this thread. You guys convinced me to get the PC version, and it is so amazing and beautiful on my work computer (which has trouble playing youtube videos sometimes... Core 2 quad with integrated nvidia graphics). Playing with keyboard is kind of fun, as is with mouse and keyboard.

Can't wait for the Vita version as it will be a Day 1 purchase. I've had so much fun with the PS3 version and got all the trophies already. This game is genuinely just fun to play, jumping and grinding all over the place. I was so frustrated with my initial play through but now that I'm back in the groove, none of it gives me any problems (EXCEPT THAT COMBO vs BEAT RACE UGH WHY WHY WHY ARE THOSE THE ONLY CHALLENGES YOUR HAVE TO REPEAT). I still haven't tried to do any real high scores, but I can't wait to get a change.

Also for those wondering why the trophy list is shorter than the achievements
This is most likely Sony's policy, where the amount of trophies on a downloadable title is dependent on the scope of the game. Even though this was a full game back in the day, it's really short for today's standards. As the game does have a couple of gold trophies, the more a trophy is worth, the less you can have. If you look at a game like Fat Princess, it has a ton of bronzes. Then there are first party games like Sound Shapes, where Sony does what it wants and puts in a Platinum and a ton of others even though the game is really short and you get two free Platinums because of cross buy.

That said, my body is ready to get all the Steam achievements.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Getting back into this after buying a PC gamepad. Performing those insane sideways jumps right after grinding sure is easier now :D

Was originally going to buy the 360 controller for Windows but found the Logitech F510 for half the price. Very good controller, though I wish the shoulder buttons and triggers were bigger.

Maybe eventually I'll just cave in and get one of those custom made Gamecube USB adapters.

Any news about Future yet?
I'm completely broke but would gladly skip a few meals for that game on Steam...

Skyzard

Banned
^ Thanks grief, £2.99, buying. Will help kill the wait for a Vita version. GET TO IT SEGA!

edit: won't let me checkout with paypal...nvm

edit2: SEGAAAAAAAA

Edit 3: SEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Is this game 60fps capable yet, and is the Soundtrack included with the game, or at least the games music files in the game folder in a way that's easily snatchable?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Is this game 60fps capable yet, and is the Soundtrack included with the game, or at least the games music files in the game folder in a way that's easily snatchable?

It technically does hit 60fps a few seconds after selecting an option from the menu... and it runs at double the speed. The framerate will probably not be unlocked as that's the way many Japanese games from the era were coded. It being at 30fps seriously doesn't matter in this game and I'm saying this as a person who loves 60fps.

And no, the music is not accessible from the game files.

It technically does hit 60fps a few seconds after selecting an option from the menu... and it runs at double the speed. The framerate will probably not be unlocked as that's the way many Japanese games from the era were coded. It being at 30fps seriously doesn't matter in this game and I'm saying this as a person who loves 60fps.

And no, the music is not accessible from the game files.

Gonna toot my own horn: here's a more detailed post I wrote back in September explaining why Jet Set Radio is probably locked at 30fps forever.

Kujo

On sale at Amazon from Nov 18-25:

Jet Set Radio (Steam) - $4.99

+$5 promotional credit good towards any of the "Editor's Choice" game downloads in the month of January 2013

Skyzard

Banned
Any kind soul who can and will record a video of the JSR version :) Preferably not the first location that we saw from e3 gameplay.. thanks -eu

I took a nap, woke up, and the Vita version was available, yay. 1098 MB :eek: I'm glad I still have enough space on my 4 GB card. Gonna take 5+ hours to download on my Verizon 3G thing (living in the boonies FTL)

Coconut

Banned
Vita version: So this is weird but once the first tutorial mission starts the options screen keeps opening and I'll close it and the options screen opens again it continues without end.

Skyzard

Banned
Vita version: So this is weird but once the first tutorial mission starts the options screen keeps opening and I'll close it and the options screen opens again it continues without end.

Try restarting, think someone else had a problem on launch in the vita thread.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
So aside from PC, how did the Vita version end up being the best port?

Very awesome so far!
Stable framerate, native res, audio sounds better.

Top Bottom