• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jez Corden suggests 'Indiana Jones' wont be exclusive. Contested by Nick, admits old info 'could be wrong'

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
According to Jez Corden, the Indiana Jones game currently in development at MachineGames / Bethesda will not be Xbox exclusive.

The information was shared during The Xbox Two podcast. Jez Corden says he knows it won’t be exclusive. He says it in such a way as to imply that he is sure of it. In other words, the game will also be released on PlayStation consoles.

Source -

I don’t think MS gives a shit about keeping games off PS
Exactly. Look at Minecraft and other's MS games released on switch and PlayStation. They don't care what you play their games on, which I see as not only consumer friendly, but a smart decision from a business perspective. Either way, they are benefiting from your money vs only being able to play this game on this specific hardware.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
majority of bethesta is going to come to Playstation in the future.

Happy Business GIF by J Hus

T-Cake

This is perfectly logical - XBox don't care which platform you play their games on. But of course, there is one big advantage to subscribing to Game Pass because you'll get to play the game for your subscription cost (which might be as little as $1 or even free) or pay $70 to buy it on PlayStation. It certainly won't be offered as part of their PS+.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Don't know. They own spiderman ps4.
And what's got to do with anything?
They bought the developer with a contract to develop a multiplat game. They have no saying at all. If Sony agree with Disney to make wolverine exclusive that's all there is

Sony has ownership stake in the Spiderman IP. They made a deal with Disney to make a Wolverine game. There’s nothing stopping MS from doing the same thing.

But maybe Bethesda made this deal a long time ago.

SLB1904

Banned
Exactly. Look at Minecraft and other's MS games released on switch and PlayStation. They don't care what you play their games on, which I see as not only consumer friendly, but a smart decision from a business perspective. Either way, they are benefiting from your money vs only being able to play this game on this specific hardware.
Yet the first opportunity they had to cancel starfirld for ps they did. Stop trying to give them credit for shit they got nothing to do with
But maybe Bethesda made this deal a long time ago.

That's not maybe. That's a fact. The deal was made before the acquisition.
The only way this game will be exclusive is if Microsoft renegociate the contract.

Last edited:
Yet the first opportunity they had to cancel starfirld for ps they did. Stop trying to give them credit for shit they got nothing to do with
You do realize one of the most successful games is available on just about all platforms? It could have been exclusive. Take off the warrior goggles. I applaud whoever allows even more people to play their games. There's no reason to gatekeep games from anyone now a days.

SLB1904

Banned
You do realize one of the most successful games is available on just about all platforms? It could have been exclusive. Take off the warrior goggles. I applaud whoever allows even more people to play their games. There's no reason to gatekeep games from anyone now a days.
What games?

Are you talking about Minecraft?
Which was already multiplat?

Also stop calling people fanboys when you are one of us and shut the fuck up

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Oh, so that's why we have Halo, Forza, Starfield, etc, on PlayStation? There's no reason the same logic shouldn't apply to those right?

What games?

Are you talking about Minecraft?
Which was already multiplat?
Yup
Oh, so that's why we have Halo, Forza, Starfield, etc, on PlayStation? There's no reason the same logic shouldn't apply to those right?
Actually, I'd love for them to do that. Bigger playerbase and more people get to experience games, which gives more funding for more games.

He had heard that it would not be...Nothing concrete as of yet. Honestly, I am more interested in the game itself than in the platform(s) it will release on.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Actually, I'd love for them to do that. Bigger playerbase and more people get to experience games, which gives more funding for more games.
Exactly what Ybarra always told me that they (Xbox) didn't buy Bethesda and the likes to make them exclusives because it limited their money making potential

But he said that was met with strong opposition by certain others at Xbox

How can contradict yourself like that?
You know all this stuff is written down right?
This things aren't based on feelings
I can't make this up.

Personally, I would love all games to be on all platforms. Halo and GoW on switch, Mario Kart on PlayStation and Xbox, etc. Just like phones, I kinda feel like buying and owning the hardware should grant you access to do whatever you want. That's why I'm more android than iPhone. Why I like being able to repair your own goods (right to repair). I would love if you had the choice of hardware, and can selectively choose whatever software you want.

Playing BOTW in 4k ultrawide, 60fps, removal of the fog, etc, was such an amazing experience. This should be available to everyone. If you don't have the best hardware for instance (Nintendo switch), why not turn down the graphics and resolution to play some Overwatch with your buddies for instance? Gears of war, etc? Would that not change gaming but a longshot? Publishers and devs would make even more money. It's not like Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft would die out, as everyone has preferences on performance, portability, controller, UX, etc.

This is simply my take on it, and I'd love to see these companies open up games for everyone, regardless of the hardware.

Unless time travel exists, I said this earlier

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Yup

Yeah, but they're not doing that. You and other people are arguing that MS doesn't care where you play their games (Phil has also said something to that effect), but they clearly do. They want to keep you in their ecosystem.

kingfey

Banned
microsoft doesn't own the ip. they have no authority on the matter
They can make it exclusive, if they pay them enough.
The problem is that, MS doesn't really give a shit about exclusives.
They opened their games day1 to pc.
All they care right now, is that sweet day1 gamepass. That is worth alot to them, than timed or full exclusive.

kingfey

Banned
Yeah, but they're not doing that. You and other people are arguing that MS doesn't care where you play their games (Phil has also said something to that effect), but they clearly do. They want to keep you in their ecosystem.
Ecosystem doesn't mean exclusive. Especially if it's on pc, and xcloud.

Its more of, you can play our games where you want. Hence, why exclusives don't work well for them.

I don't own an Xbox I play on PC. I rarely ever buy from the MS Store, it's always steam. I'm barely in their eco system. I just like to play games without having to have a million and one devices or being limited in how I play them.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Ecosystem doesn't mean exclusive. Especially if it's on pc, and xcloud.

Its more of, you can play our games where you want. Hence, why exclusives don't work well for them.

But I can't play them where I want. I want to play Starfield on PS5, but I won't be able to.

Topher

Gold Member
Starfield. Elder Scrolls etc. They will when it suits them.

Exactly. Seems clear that Microsoft is being selective with the games they make as to whether they are going to be console exclusive or not. Nothing wrong with that. Starfield is an important game for Microsoft to boost Game Pass. Like Sony with MLB, it seems they are willing to accept conditions of non-exclusivity for big games. These are just business decisions.

SLB1904

Banned
I can't make this up.

Unless time travel exists, I said this earlier
You not getting, this isn't about what we want or not.
It's business plain and simple.
Sony negotiate with Disney to make spiderman exclusive and Disney agree and that's all there is is.
And if Bethesda went to Disney and say we want indy ip and we will put on every platform and the potential earnings is this... Disney agree.
You can't just go to the owner of the ip and say well the plan has changed deal with it

So that's why Halo and Forza are on PS5.

DAHGAMING

Im literaly crying with this news, I have been so excited to show off Xbox got dem games to all the big PS bully men at work, now I will walk about head hung in shame again. Big Phil I worship you but you are breaking my soul.

SLB1904

Banned
They can make it exclusive, if they pay them enough.
The problem is that, MS doesn't really give a shit about exclusives.
They opened their games day1 to pc.
All they care right now, is that sweet day1 gamepass. That is worth alot to them, than timed or full exclusive.
No it doesn't work that way. You can just change the deal because you can pay them enough. Papers are signed agreement is made.
There is nothing to it. Hell is not even guaranteed to be on gamepass lol

You not getting, this isn't about what we want or not.
It's business plain and simple.
Sony negotiate with Disney to make spiderman exclusive and Disney agree and that's all there is is.
And if Bethesda went to Disney and say we want indy ip and we will put on every platform and the potential earnings is this... Disney agree.
You can't just go to the owner of the ip and say well the plan has changed deal with it
You do realize that I've never argued any of that, right? You are acting like I'm not getting it, but you quoted the wrong person to begin with 😂

Stuart360

But I can't play them where I want. I want to play Starfield on PS5, but I won't be able to.
I think the difference with something like Starfield, Elder Scrolls 6, Fallout 5, maybe DOOM 3 etc, they are genuine 'system sellers' or 'Gamepass subbers' (lol)
And i'm sure games like that may well stay exclusive. Some smaller, or less high profile games though, i feel just being day one on Gamepass is good enough for MS as it will bring new subs, while they also make money from said games being sold elsewhere.

Chukhopops

The only Bethesda studio I don’t really care about after the new Wolfenstein games. Maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised but I don’t expect anything good.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I think the difference with something like Starfield, Elder Scrolls 6, Fallout 5, maybe DOOM 3 etc, they are genuine 'system sellers' or 'Gamepass subbers' (lol)
And i'm sure games like that may well stay exclusive. Some smaller, or less high profile games though, i feel just being day one on Gamepass is good enough for MS as it will bring new subs, while they also make money from said games being sold elsewhere.

Yeah. So "MS don't care where you play their games, they get your money either way" is simply not the case. That's what some people are claiming, and what I'm arguing against.

digdug2

Even if it won't be Xbox exclusive, I hope that it will be current-gen exclusive. Not trying to start any kind of console fight, but PS5 and XBSX/S have been out for 18 months now and I'm hoping to see games coming out in 2023 that aren't being hamstrung by the previous generation.

Top Bottom