• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jez Corden - 'XBO X preorders are ahead of expectations by a wide margin

Chobel

Or they just won't take pre-orders on the base unit which will be what hits retail stores.

I forget who tweeted it, but they said the scorpio edition will only go to pre-orders, they won't be shipping them to stores to sell off the shelf like the day one edition of xbox one. All retail units will just be the base X.

Well that's kinda stupid.

JaggedSac

nODZTiY.png

Don't know what to tell you. Albert is the product guy at MS. Are there no other stores taking pre-orders right now in Spain?

Toki767

I know a lot of pre-orders sold out almost immediately.

I got mine on Amazon as soon as it went up.

I'll probably cancel it. That thing's price is absurd.
Amazon sold out.

That said, it costs nothing to pre-order on Amazon compared to virtually every other online retailer that will put a temp charge on your account.

In the end, pre-orders aren't the important numbers. What matters are the sales when it's actually released.

jem0208

Well they are hardly going to say pre-orders are dissapointing for the shiny new console are they. PR comments like these are designed to push those that are sitting on the fence to go and pre-order through fear of missing out.

Jez Corden doesn't work for MS.

Unless you think that retail sources in the UK are secretly doing PR work.

joecanada

It's lame and undermines any serious point you want to make.

If I took time to write out $ony for every post mentioning them see how dumb that would be.

Your phone probably already added it to auto correct and later you'll be banned for using it accidentally. Lol

watdaeff4

Or they just won't take pre-orders on the base unit which will be what hits retail stores.

I forget who tweeted it, but they said the scorpio edition will only go to pre-orders, they won't be shipping them to stores to sell off the shelf like the day one edition of xbox one. All retail units will just be the base X.

I think they will take pre-orders on the base unit - just not until all the "limited-edition" ones are sold out.

Hoo-doo

Banned

Come on, is that really the only thing you guys can point out of him being 'critical' of Xbox?
He's got quite a history and he's basically been a non-stop PR-machine for Scorpio ever since it became a thing. That doesn't mean i'm doubting his current claim though.

Edit: oh, you edited.

His "sources" have been wrong multiple times, like when he had a concrete assurance that Star Wars Battlefront was going to be 4K60 on Scorpio and then he had to hastily backtrack on it.

Plus he associates with the likes of Crapgamer and he founded the ICXM website if anyone has had the misfortune of visiting it.

I like what he brings. Can he be wrong? Sure he can.

When he's wrong, I dont lose my shit though. I just keep going with my day.

He said previously that there was supposed to be enough to last through the week or more of sales.
My GameStop had like 5 or something apparently.
That's not that many. We're not a huge store with massive traffic so it's not largely indicative of bigger store's preorder availability but still.

Anfang

I did the Amazon preorder thing. Always nice that they dont charge you.. Between trading in the old xbone and the amazon credit I have its a little under 300 so its not too bad. Def feel for those paying the outright 500ish, thats kinda ruff.

Shiggy

My GameStop had like 5 or something apparently.
That's not that many. We're not a huge store with massive traffic so it's not largely indicative of bigger store's preorder availability but still.

How many Switch or PS4 Pro units did you get at launch?

DR2K

Banned
We're not going to share the numbers we know so feel free to guess whatever the fuck that means.

This tweet doesn't tell us much without more context (I.E. what were Microsoft's expectations and what level of stock numbers have they made available to retailers) but it wouldn't surprise me if the pre-order numbers are good.

Ultimately, the Xbox One X is an enthusiast product, buyers of which will mostly likely be:

A) Devoted fans of the Xbox brand

and/or

B) People who want to consume every piece of new tech available

These two sets of buyers are also the most likely to want to put their names down to be first in line whenever a new Xbox comes out, no matter the cost.

The real surprise would come if it turns out that it has legs at that price tag after the initial hype dies down and most of the enthusiasts have already purchased their units.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I pre-ordered this but only because I need a new media device in the living room. my ps3/xbox 360 combo from ten years ago are both falling apart I wont be doing much gaming on the One X at all other than 360/og XBOX BC and the occasional muti game w/ friends

Don't know what to tell you. Albert is the product guy at MS. Are there no other stores taking pre-orders right now in Spain?

albert is not very knowledgeable about europe

"Eurozone" is not a country, it's 17 countries. If for some reason you want to count it as one country, then do it for the xbox one too, in which case it will launch in 7.35 countries (six of the first launch wave are part of the eurozone, so that's 35% of that zone only). Because counting 17 as 1 or 6 of these 17 as 6 depending on the console is a bit misleading.

#geographyfail.

I stand corrected. I'll make sure the internal teams are aware of this too.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I always expected this thing to have a strong launch. The dedicated Xbox fanbase has been salivating over it since it was announced.

Top Bottom