• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jim Sterling Goes Independent

Spineker

Banned
http://www.patreon.com/jimquisition

Looks like Jim is leaving the Escapist nest and going it alone. Independent....Journalist? (I dunno if you like being referred to that way Jim, but there you go) extraordinaire.

I'll support you as soon as I have a bit of money. I always enjoy Jimquisition.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Jim will always have my support. One of the funniest and smartest guys in the industry today and a Jimquisition podcast sounds like a dream come true.

Great move on his part. Don't always agree with him, but he's very good a getting his point across and is entertaining as fuck. You have my support Sir Sterling, the shining knight of friend and Dafoe alike.

.la1n

Good, independent will hopefully prove fruitful for him. Look forward to anything he does in the future.

Zaku

Fuck.

The Hell.

YES.

Don't get me wrong. I frequently disagree with his opinions and he just gave me shit in my objective review thread, but I do love that man quite a lot. We need more of him in the reviews industry and in the games media profession in general.

I'll be backing this very shortly.

Lots of love, Jimmers.

Very interesting move... He's been a relevant, articulate, and brilliant voice in the gaming world for some time now. And he has style.

I'll have to seriously consider this patron stuff...

In any case, I hope it works out well for him. (And, as always, thank God for Jim.)

Corpekata

Banned
Not surprising after his pretty public disputes with the Escapist the last couple months. Not surprising he'd want out.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Very interesting. I'd love to hear from the man himself about the logic behind this decision

Does this mean he's also no longer reviews editor for the Escapist?

I remember seeing a post about him deleting a tweet recently very critical of some big publisher. I can't remember the specifics. I remember thinking that it was odd that he would delete it. It probably had nothing to do with this but it just popped in my head after I saw this.

The only reason I do what I do is because Jim. Like honestly. I look up to him a great deal, def my favorite "game journalist" and an inspiration to me. I fear meeting him more than anything, as they say to never meet your idols.

First Patreon I'll ever support.

Bricky

His Youtube channel has been doing pretty well recently I think so I'm not all that surprised by this. He and Yahtzee were pretty much the two biggest reasons people visited The Escapist anyway, he's a big enough name to go solo.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Best of like to ye Jim.
May your newfound independence bring you great visions of the future.

Top Bottom