• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John Cena Custom WWE United States Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAZYORA

Wrestling fans, what do you think of the John Cena Custom United States Championship? I think its bad-ass and it spins like those bling bling necklesses that all the rappers wear and or like the rims on their cars. Here is what it looks like:
normal_wwe_cena_us0003.jpg

wweusbelt1.jpg

MAZYORA said:
Wrestling fans, what do you think of the John Cena Custom United States Championship? I think its bad-ass and it spins like those bling bling necklesses that all the rappers wear and or like the rims on their cars. Here is what it looks like:
normal_wwe_cena_us0003.jpg

wweusbelt1.jpg

Bling-Bling?

evil ways

I like the simple old school round shape but it looks cheap and gimmicky, like they made it with a glue gun and some tin cans.

Still doesn't hold a candle to the original bling belt.

MIL$BELT.jpg

I think it looks retarded as canbe. It would be fine if the damn center plate didn't spin.

THe regular US title was new enough, and a new custm design wasn't needed.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I like it!

cept it doesn't spin fast enough

too bad he's going to drop it soon

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Gay shit.

Where the fuck was the boss WCW US Belt? Just bring that baby back and be done with it.

Hell, even old school Western States Heritage Championship belt >> that pos (points for you if you remember that belt).

Kintaro digging up the "classics" aren't you?

Where's Lance Storm's WCW Canadian Title? That was badass..lol

<<<is lame for even remembering the Western Heritage belt.

Nothing beats Taz's FTW World Title. Nothing.

PS: All my PPV buying wrestling brothers.. buy TNA's Final Resolution. You WILLget your moneys worth, just like last months Turning Point. GO TNA!

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I dont like it. I want Carlito to get over his injury and get the belt back. Im just pissed that Jesus has a slipped disc and has to leave the show. Talk about bad timing. Those guys show up, get a TON of heat a massive push and then they both get hurt. lol. I want Cena, Show and JBL to feud over the title so that there is one match with guys who cant wrestle to save their life at the PPV's. Better that than a ton of matches with people who cant wrestle. Also, putting good workers (Angle, Eddie) into matches with shit wrestlers (Taker, JBL, Show) is crap.

And Turning Point wasnt all that great. Most of the show was pretty 'meh' with the exception of the X-division matches (though no canadian destroyer makes StoOgE sad). Oh, and that guy walking the cage to hit a rana off the top was fucking crazy. Someone should show Jeff Hardy that match over and over again till he remembers what he was good at. Doing crazy shit and almost killing himself.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Primetime is one of the few reasons I keep trying to get into TNA. Been a fan of his ever since he joined Team Canada.

DDP vs Raven was solid with some good psychology.

Monty vs Abyss wasnt too bad either.

Petey Williams vs Sabin was GREAT.

The six man with Hall Nash and Jarrett was awful (who didn't see that coming?)

The Six sides of steel was one of the best matches I've ever seen! 2 years worth of history, and it actually told a story. This was wrestling done right.

Overall it was better than anything Vince & Co. have done n at least 7 months.

I go to a WWE PPV and I come out feeling disappointed. I dont even pay for them, i go to a sports bar to watch them with group of friends. It's just so... predictable.

evil ways

dont like it. I want Carlito to get over his injury and get the belt back. Im just pissed that Jesus has a slipped disc and has to leave the show. Talk about bad timing. Those guys show up, get a TON of heat a massive push and then they both get hurt. lol.

Carlito's getting a new bodyguard called Miguel soon. And he's supposed to be in good shape from his surgery by the No Way Out PPV.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
That "belt" is a slap in the face to all right-thinking wrestling fans everywhere. Ridiculous.

Bring back heel Cena, and soon!

evil ways

Guzim said:
When did Miguel join the WWE? :)

It's some guy that was in ECW years ago in Da Baldies team. Not sure if they will call him by the rumored name of Miguel or his real name Angel, which he used in ECW.

Creating custom belts seem to just cheapen them to me. I don't follow wrestling that much anymore, so I have to ask: is Cena THAT big, to justify his own belt?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Yeah, he's one of Smackdown's biggest stars, and the WWE's next great hope. Turn him heel again, dammit! Much more entertaining.

Kenobi

evil ways said:
I like the simple old school round shape but it looks cheap and gimmicky, like they made it with a glue gun and some tin cans.

Still doesn't hold a candle to the original bling belt.

MIL$BELT.jpg

Is there a reason why they can't make the Million Dollar Belt? I mean, that thing would sell like hotcakes!

evil ways

Is there a reason why they can't make the Million Dollar Belt? I mean, that thing would sell like hotcakes!

Every WWF/WWE belt ever created is already for sale at shows and websites, including Hogan's Classic 1986 belt, the 1988-1998 WWF eagle belt that Macho Man/Hart/HBK held, the Classic Intercontinental belt and the Million Dollar Belt.

The problem is these official replicas cost $200+.

The WrestlingStore at my local mall sells them along with official WWE shirts, caps, DVDs and toys. The most impresive one is the WWE belt that JBL wears, that shit is unreal and huge, it weights close to 20 lbs. too. They also have a WCW World Heavyweight belt signed by Ric Flair, but it's not for sale.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
bishoptl said:
Yeah, he's one of Smackdown's biggest stars, and the WWE's next great hope.

It would be nice if the next big hope for them could um.. wrestle. The guy seems to be good for little more than freestyle penis jokes at this point.

In my opinion, every smackdown show should consist of JBL cutting an hour and a half long promo and then Eddie wrestling Kurt.

pops619

Pretty cool, but I think a custom belt only makes sense if the guy's had the belt for a while and is going to continue to hold it for a while. Cena's latest title run hasn't been going on that long.

As far as custom belts go, I don't like complete makeovers like this as much as I like little personal touches. I liked when the Ultimate Warrior had the purple strap, Shawn Michaels a white one, Goldust gold... those were nice touches. This is a little bit much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom